It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thirty five thousand employees...

Is no where near enough, and seriously, coming from a nation as large as the United States, you should know that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I saw a news report, has the kids there in the aftermath tweeting stuff like, I wasn't surpised it turned out to be him, and, he loved to shoot , he loved the feeling shooting guns gave him.

I bet one in three frustrated kids make random remarks like, I wish I could kill them, or Im gonna blow up the school.

Kids probably hear that so much they ignore it most of the time. After all the kids know its us against them, i.e. students against Admin. If they didn't practice such repressive measures, they wouldn't maybe foster such an environment of silent revolt.

20/20 hindsight

Schools are the most controlled environment for weapons, I remember reading about Florida too. Call it a repressive regime, or whatever...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Joe Rogan did a hilarious bit on the White House Intruder and how the feds weren't even watching THAT guy even though he was on the list for quite a while...

Bit starts at 1:50... (a little context before that... he's referring to the type people they hire to watch the door, and then migrates into a bit about if there was a girl working the front, the other guys would be too distracted by her to actually watch the door)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

the fbi picking this out if random, i agree with you

this case is not random
it was reported
the fbi interviewed the person filing the report
but failed to stop this
stopping these sorts of DOMESTIC crimes is exactly the job of the fbi

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: shooterbrody

Mental health spending needs to increase, to provide for an extension of institutional services to many more people than are currently in such facilities. It also needs to cover basically universal mental healthcare (because those who most need the help, are those less likely to seek it, leave alone actually pay for it), and the sort of investigatory powers necessary to identify through statistics and profiling, people who although they refuse to ask for assistance, desperately need it, and need to be kept away from the public, because gun or hammer, bomb or knife, they pose an uncounterable threat, if left in mainstream society.

The problem with this idea is that, although someone may be crazy, they are not automatically stupid. If the government requires general practitioners, which I think they are already required to do here, This kind of practice may very well be enough to make someone refuse to seek legitimate psychological help if they know it will prohibit them from legally buy a firearm. Besides this nut wasn't old enough to even need a doctor like an old geezer like me. In a nutshell, they conceal their mental state.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

How many people are making ridiculous threats on the internet?

Are you serious? Its MASSES of people every day, the internets illusion of anonymity loosens tongues to a dramatic degree. Also, no specific details were included in the threat, like the name of a school, or a date or time. In that way, this comment resembles thousands of other examples, but offers no specific threat, no actionable intelligence. Its also the sort of thing edgy people have been known to say for shock value, and absent any context for the comment what so ever, its easy to see it as another ill advised bit of nonsense from the peanut gallery.

Also, it mentions becoming a professional. Now, even crazy people know you do not get paid the big bucks for wiping out teenagers en mass, unless your name happens to be Jason bloody Voorhees... Don't they?

Also, if they had interviewed the suspect, without enough evidence to perform an arrest on him (like a specific threat, against a specific school for example), then the authorities would have had to have gone through the gamut of getting warrants for searches of his home and workplace, all of which cost court time, therefore money, then they would have had to have enacted those searches. But in the event that they had already spoken to them, and they had been unable to secure an arrest, the subject might have fled, and been a threat in the wind, or worse, accelerated his plans in order to get out ahead of the threat of arrest, making a dangerous situation in the making, a dangerous situation in the offing, all pushed along by the pressure exerted by the investigators.

Tell me, have you ever wondered why defusing a bomb takes time?

The answer, boiled down, is that the problem is more complicated than most understand it to be, and the solutions to the problem have to be performed in a specific order, otherwise the damned thing goes bang anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

They interviewed the informant but didn't bother to even find the post themselves and get the guy's ip address. Hell, he probably posted it from a mobile phone. That alone is enough to locate either him or just the city he was from and they could have alerted local police to investigate. What is their excuse? In my opinion it is lame at best. The agent that interviewed the informant should be the first to be fired.

Edit: Have to get some work done. I'll check back later.
edit on 15-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Thirty five thousand employees...

Is no where near enough, and seriously, coming from a nation as large as the United States, you should know that.

Considering that the job they tasked themselves with isn't even something that is Constitutionally reserved for the Federal Government, I bristle at the notion that we even need 35k of them. Along with right at 10k DEA, 4k ATF, 4k US Marshalls and Deputy Marshalls....there are a total of 120k Federal officers carrying firearms and able to make arrests. That is $29bil/year spent on federal level law enforcement. This doesn't even include the state and local guys, which would exponentiate the totals.

I've made a career out of rejecting lame excuses.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

With my best and shiniest tinfoil hat firmly in place...

What in hell is going on at the FBI? Are they too buisy setting up patsies for them to arrest so they can claim they are being effective in the war on terror and disregard actual credible leads?

Maybe these are the operative words here: "Are they too busy setting up patsies..."

Specifically: Did they set up Nicholas Cruz as a patsy to take a fall for their own current criminal woes?

Is that why a specific threat was made with a specific name? So easily "followed up" later... perhaps too easily?

And is that why a classmate said in an interview that she was walking and exiting with Cruz and heard shooting that could not have come from him???

Is this what folks were talking about when they warned Trump not to go to war with the FBI, DOJ and other intel agencies???

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Maybe!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Considering the FBI don't actually have jurisdiction to intervene in this, I'm not sure what you want them to have done. The failure here is on the local police and the school.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
Considering the FBI don't actually have jurisdiction to intervene in this, I'm not sure what you want them to have done. The failure here is on the local police and the school.

The FBI fielded a call, and didn't hand it off to the responsible party. I expect a lot more for my 8bil in tax dollars.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

so an fbi agent just spoke at the latest shooting interview
he said the youtube comment was not able to be tracked

now they straight up lie to our faces

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Gold.

8bil a year, 35k employees, and they can't track down a post on the internet that a news agency was able to track down and publish within hours.

And folks wonder why I call for the disbanding of all federal law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

If they can't track down one post on social media, how in the HE11 can they say Russia hacked our elections? I call a bold faced lie on that SOB trying to cover their asses.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ya got to be effin' kidding me. Facebook can find people to recommend on your PYMK list that you haven't had contact with for 40 years, or relatives you've never met and didn't know you were related to because you were adopted out as a child... and the FBI couldn't track this kid down?

Are they serious?

With the massive amounts of taxpayer money and resources tossed at the FBI and CIA, I expect a hell of lot more competence and investigative chops than whatshisname at Facebook.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Last November President Trump got raked over the coals for saying, "The FBI is in tatters!". And he wasn't just referring them lying to obtain a FISA spy warrant, or lying to help Hillary, etc.. The reports he gets covers much much more than what we are aware of.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

OK... compare that number of agents, to the number of people committing crimes which are the task of those federal agencies to investigate, and then tell me that you think its over the top to have thirty five thousand people in one agency.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Add in the 1.1mil that are state and local LEO's, plus the remaining 85k federal LEO's....

And you are telling me that the FBI just didn't have time to follow up with someone posting on YouTube about threats of violence, but they could follow up with the complainant? The FBI stated that they didn't follow up because they had no way of tracking down who it was....despite the fact the dude used his real name to post it.

You aren't gonna fare well defending the FBI here, man. Sorry. These are the same folks who burned women and children alive at Waco. Who sat down the street in Dallas while their informants lodged a terror attack in Dallas. The same agency that sent a letter to Dr. Martin Luther King, telling him to commit suicide or risk having sexual information leaked. The same folks who even now continue to be caught creating terror plots to entrap mentally challenged muslim youth in.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You have over 323 MILLION people in your country, and you think that you have too many federal law enforcement agents?

You have over 2 million people in some form of incarceration, and statistics suggest that 70% of your population has committed an offence which could have landed them in jail...

How are your agencies over staffed again?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join