It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You have over 323 MILLION people in your country, and you think that you have too many federal law enforcement agents?

You have over 2 million people in some form of incarceration, and statistics suggest that 70% of your population has committed an offence which could have landed them in jail...

How are your agencies over staffed again?

We are the most imprisoned population on the planet, both in per capita and raw numbers. I fail to see how your incarceration argument has any merit...we lock people up for just about anything. Even worse, our government will sell the drugs that they lock people up for.

Insane.

I would argue that our federal government has no right to erect a police force. That the FBI, since 9/11 isn't even a police force. They perform "counterterrorism", and act as an extension of the CIA. To consider them law enforcement is laughable. That said...law enforcement is their actual (unconstitutional) job.

We currently have 284 LEO per 100k citizens. Canada only has 185 per 100k. For context.

I know you folks in the UK love your police (you have 308/100k citizens). But you also allowed cameras to be placed on every corner.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I don't see a new thread on this but..

FBI has admitted it was warned on Jan5 by an anonymous caller on their tipline that Cruz may have plans to kill people and threatened the school. It was Never Followed up on!

Dir. Wray is apologizing for the massive screw up. But The Damage from this failure is inexcusable! Lives were lost and he could have been stopped.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 16-2-2018 by EchoesInTime because: link

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The kicker: they claimed that they couldn't find him.

The same FBI that is able to wiretap a presidential candidate was not able to locate the guy. The same FBI that has Stingray was not able to locate him.

And its not like they didn't know who he was....the YouTube post was made using his real name.

I can't think of a single reason to keep the FBI around.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

First of all, I support your right to bear arms, so I would never be one to advocate for a removal, or even a watering down of the rights of people to possess guns or swords, or any other thing for their self defence.

What I am saying, is that picking this guy out of thousands of other people making ridiculous threats over the internet, is like trying to crap through the eye of a needle, after a big old binge at the Chinese Buffet. Its not going to happen reliably.

This is why I believe that the actual solution to these matters, is as follows:

Mental health spending needs to increase, to provide for an extension of institutional services to many more people than are currently in such facilities. It also needs to cover basically universal mental healthcare (because those who most need the help, are those less likely to seek it, leave alone actually pay for it), and the sort of investigatory powers necessary to identify through statistics and profiling, people who although they refuse to ask for assistance, desperately need it, and need to be kept away from the public, because gun or hammer, bomb or knife, they pose an uncounterable threat, if left in mainstream society.

I am going to leave this here for you, do with it what you will.
nypost.com...

“A person close to” Cruz called the agency’s tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts” and there was “potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement. But the agency said it failed to pass on any of that information to its Miami field office, even thought its own protocols say he “should have been assessed as a potential threat to life.”

But hey you know more about my country than I do so by all means continue on with you defense of the fbi in this issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Gov. Rick Scott is calling on FBI director Wray to resign over the failure to investigate the shooter.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Mental health spending needs to increase, to provide for an extension of institutional services to many more people than are currently in such facilities. It also needs to cover basically universal mental healthcare (because those who most need the help, are those less likely to seek it, leave alone actually pay for it), and the sort of investigatory powers necessary to identify through statistics and profiling, people who although they refuse to ask for assistance, desperately need it, and need to be kept away from the public, because gun or hammer, bomb or knife, they pose an uncounterable threat, if left in mainstream society.

I read that he was diagnosed with Autism and where did we see that before...Adam Lanza. People with mental health problems that show a history of violence are not being documented nor monitored. The people in their lives are also not thinking about the issues that plague people like these shooters and allow them to have guns or availability to guns. Hell My two boys are very responsible at 18 and 15 and neither know the combo to my gun safe, so it boggles my mind that people who actually show signs of violence have access to guns.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Gov. Rick Scott is calling on FBI director Wray to resign over the failure to investigate the shooter.

twitter.com...

he should fire the agents that didnt do their jobs before he resigns

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When was the last time a government officer was fired?

Really, does it happen?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

i think it may happen in europe as they are more enlightened

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The kicker: they claimed that they couldn't find him.

The same FBI that is able to wiretap a presidential candidate was not able to locate the guy. The same FBI that has Stingray was not able to locate him.

And its not like they didn't know who he was....the YouTube post was made using his real name.

So right Furry. I think the "FBI's X files", though intended to be fictional, has a running theme of somebody pulling their strings for nefarious reasons. That is looking like the way it really is in real life.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If the kid didn't break any LAWS they can't just arrest him.

The FBI is an investigative and enforcement organization.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I dare you to try and say that face to face with an actual Special Agent!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

What do you think they will do? Shoot him?

How about someone that plays one on TV?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

A good example of why they need disbanding.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

What in hell is going on at the FBI? Are they too buisy setting up patsies for them to arrest so they can claim they are being effective in the war on terror and disregard actual credible leads?

What makes you think this was a credible lead, other than 20/20 hindsight? The FBI cannot follow up on every random tip they get. False positives far outweigh hits. It would be a waste of time. Besides, the FBI can only investigate crimes that have actually been committed. They are not the thought police. It is disturbing that the rhetoric coming from some circles suggests that the government should be more aggressive policing "mental illness."

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Double post. --DJW001
edit on 17-2-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So you want to go back to the days when bank robbers could escape justice by just crossing the state line? How romantic!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So you want to go back to the days when bank robbers could escape justice by just crossing the state line? How romantic!

If that is the risk of not also having women and children burned alive en masse? Why not?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Come on,man. The FBI is busy. Between trying to hook up with coworkers and overthrow a president...they got a lot on their plate.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What in hell is going on at the FBI? Are they too buisy setting up patsies for them to arrest so they can claim they are being effective in the war on terror and disregard actual credible leads?

What makes you think this was a credible lead, other than 20/20 hindsight? The FBI cannot follow up on every random tip they get. False positives far outweigh hits. It would be a waste of time. Besides, the FBI can only investigate crimes that have actually been committed. They are not the thought police. It is disturbing that the rhetoric coming from some circles suggests that the government should be more aggressive policing "mental illness."

because the fbi HAD TO PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE for not doing their job?
if the kid was russian he would have been looked at

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join