It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
On the news this morning that the FBI was notifyed 6 months in advance that ,
www.foxnews.com...
Nikolas Cruz 'school shooter' comment reported to FBI months ago, vlogger says
By Katherine Lam | Fox News

What in hell is going on at the FBI? Are they too buisy setting up patsies for them to arrest so they can claim they are being effective in the war on terror and disregard actual credible leads? Nikolas Cruz used his real name when contacting the Youtube user but the FBI claims they couldn't find him. What the hell is going on at the FBI? Are they sitting on their asses there or just this incompetent? All of this and all the criminality over recent political issues. Jeff Sessions needs to fire the lot of them and start over. Evidently, the FBI is useless as tits on a boar hog.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
to busy chasing potheads down for plants

no resources left to go after corrupt corporations and criminal politicians, nothing left to fight actual crime

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A hooker wasn’t peeing on him while he typed it.

See something say something. Someone saw it and reported it the school knew he was dangerous and nobody did anything.

Now tell me how the guns are to blame.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Guns aren't to blame. just damn sloppy policing.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I think Sessions needs to be fired along with the top FBI officials who were behind the scenes with the FISA crap. Keebler elf Sessions has done nothing but go after marajuana, a plant that can help people who are sick. He needs to go.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Here's what's going on,
One minute we get our panties caught in a bunch in the name of 'people can't be arrested for thought crimes' blah blah blah, or 'police state that blah blah blah,
Next minute , aka after the worst case scenario, aka this case; we ask what's going on with the FBI...

That's what's wrong. If they arrested him 6 months ago, the usual conservative outlets would start rubbing their tits not in a good way.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All of the clues they needed and this nut still got it done. Disarm the public and let the police protect you? Hell no! Every sane law abiding citizen over the age of 21 should be required by law to attend firearms safety classes, own and carry. Don't expect law enforcement to protect you, they can't.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You are so right. Totally the Republicans fault.

#backtosleep

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

They thought enough of the report to interview the guy making the report.
If the perp was in rotc as reported, a visit from the fbi may have been enough to stop him from the shooting spree.
Even if the fbi had passed on the info to local law enforcement, they may have had a chance to stop the perp.

I cant believe the fbi is going to get a pass on this one.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Here's what's going on,
One minute we get our panties caught in a bunch in the name of 'people can't be arrested for thought crimes' blah blah blah, or 'police state that blah blah blah,
Next minute , aka after the worst case scenario, aka this case; we ask what's going on with the FBI...

That's what's wrong. If they arrested him 6 months ago, the usual conservative outlets would start rubbing their tits not in a good way.

If they had followed up on the leads and confronted this nut they could have made him go through psychological evaluation and at the very least disarm him or just make him aware they are on to him. That alone may have been enough to make him think twice and prevent this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The FBI should have zero responsibilities in counterterrorism, save for dealing with homegrown terrorists (which we should cease calling them, and just call them murderers like we used to).

You can find hundreds of articles going back to 2001 talkinga bout the movement of efforts away from crime and into terror. This is why calling them over a school shooter is ridiculous....they are focused on terror, and have to really work to justify efforts that don't continuously stoke that terror fire.

Disband the lying bastards. I suspect they have more to do with disorder in our nation than we are even remotely aware of. I also suspect that the FBI is fully infiltrated with CIA assets.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

While I have no love whatsoever for the FBI, I think it is wise to point out that the FBI probably get THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of messages like this, flag up to be examined and their issuers investigated, every single damned day. There are an awful lot of nutters out there, and an awful lot of trolls too.

Its the damned internet, for crying out loud! People issue death threats over association football matches, Pokemon cards and YouTube personality dramas out here in the Wild Wild Web, and trying to figure out which nutter is issuing genuine threats, requires legwork, which requires manpower, which requires funding. The FBI spend far too much money and time on chasing down pot farmers, and far too little on chasing down school shooters, because of the two things, a school shooting costs the treasury a damned sight less, than a bunch of untaxed, recreational drugs being sold like hot cakes.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Why am I not surprised to see you make excuses for the fbi.
They thought enough of the "internet threats" to interview the person calling the threat in to the fbi.
Its guns.
Get rid of the guns and the fbi will get better at its job right?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I agree with most of what you state but, truthfully, how many crackpots clearly state, "I want to be a professional school shooter"? That by itself is more than alarming, it's more than enough by itself to warrant an investigation. As another poster noted, the FBI interviewed the person that reported it to them but not the shooter. Why not?

Edit: is it because the threat was not against a politician or the president? Anyone that even insinuates violence against a politician are grilled to the n'th degree and probably arrested.
edit on 15-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit again: At the very least he should have been arrested for terroristic threatening.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

We are talking about an agency with 35k employees. An agency with behavioral analysis models. An agency with 8.1bil annually at their disposal to follow up on just these sorts of things.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

We are talking about an agency with 35k employees. An agency with behavioral analysis models. An agency with 8.1bil annually at their disposal to follow up on just these sorts of things.

They are too busy trying to overturn an election...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Think of how many millions of stupid things are said online everyday.
Following up on all the nonsense would be impossible.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Too busy trying to find dirt on Trump. And to cover their dirt.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandSchemeOfThings
Think of how many millions of stupid things are said online everyday.
Following up on all the nonsense would be impossible.

See my above post.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

First of all, I support your right to bear arms, so I would never be one to advocate for a removal, or even a watering down of the rights of people to possess guns or swords, or any other thing for their self defence.

What I am saying, is that picking this guy out of thousands of other people making ridiculous threats over the internet, is like trying to crap through the eye of a needle, after a big old binge at the Chinese Buffet. Its not going to happen reliably.

This is why I believe that the actual solution to these matters, is as follows:

Mental health spending needs to increase, to provide for an extension of institutional services to many more people than are currently in such facilities. It also needs to cover basically universal mental healthcare (because those who most need the help, are those less likely to seek it, leave alone actually pay for it), and the sort of investigatory powers necessary to identify through statistics and profiling, people who although they refuse to ask for assistance, desperately need it, and need to be kept away from the public, because gun or hammer, bomb or knife, they pose an uncounterable threat, if left in mainstream society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join