It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More guns = more gun deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: c2oden

Perhaps if you looked at the context of the conversation it may make more sense to you.....

I was replying to what you wrote.

I gathered that.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The government took our guns back in the old country, then they murdered 1.5 million of my people.
So what is it you are trying to say?
What ever it is, it is surely misinformed and unintelligent knee jerk political nonsense

Read the article and argue the stats if you like.

I don't like the idea of having to fight a government any more than you do, sounds like a losing proposition for both sides.

Perhaps you should read the post by visited again. You seemed to have missed parts

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Perhaps if you looked at the context of the conversation it may make more sense to you.....

I gathered that.

I stand by it. No matter the context.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

gun rights vs victims of guns rights

the victims are pretty much screwed.

Sorry about your 15 year old daughter, she should have been carrying a loaded pistol to class.

Its insane.

It's an insane world. What part of that seems to escape you? This incident merely increases the certainty that gun ownership is a personal choice and potential counter to that insanity.

Lastly, you can take it to the bank that defensive, legal guns sales will go up as a result of this.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: Lab4Us Firearms are not the problem...

yes, they are.

No, the problem is idiots, not guns. All idiots should outlawed, ESPECIALLY all the assault idiots. You know, the really SCARY looking idiots that look lust like military idiots.

And don't forget about "Bump" idiots! Gotta get THOSE out of circulation IMMEDIATELY, because they can pretty-much make any run-of-the-mill regular idiot work just like a fully-automatic idiot. That's like WAAAAY to dangerous!

Maybe if we all email our congressmen about it, we can get some legislation put forward by summertime!

After that, we should start thinking about banning CONCEALED idiots.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The problem is that some people have guns, and other people do not.

Either we "take away" all guns from everybody,

or

we "require" everybody to carry a gun.

We could divide the nation into two halves, one half is gun free, the other half is mandatory gun carry.

Then, we can see which half has the fewest deaths caused by other people.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua
www.drugwarfacts.org... (2015)

Smoking - 480k
Accidents - 146k (motor vehicle - 38k)
Suicide - 44k
Alcohol induced deaths - 33k
Injury by Firearms - 34k
Homicide - 17k
Illicit Drugs - 17k

I don't know about you, but looks to me like humans killing each other in the US with firearms is not nearly as prevalent as the media makes it sound. Injury by firearms covers accidental discharge or a defect in which the gun misfires and the shooter is harmed.

The odds of falling in the tub and slamming your head into the faucet resulting in death is more likely to kill you or someone you know before gun violence will.

The homicide rate was 17k in 2015. That's not all guns. Thats all methods of killing someone combined.

Sorry, but more lives would be saved per year if people quit smoking, and driving while drunk. A kneejerk reaction to banning guns just means a greater black market for them and more deaths via knife, strangulation, bludgeoning and goodness knows what else to achieve a means. Guns are not and never were the issue. The issue is people with zero self control and empathy preying on others using whatever weapon they can get their hands on.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yea! ban guns like that will stop mass killings. It does not work in Iraq or Afghanistan. or many other middle east countries.

The chemicals to build bombs are easy to buy and easy to find even in third world countries. In just about every city or town in the US you can get so much more.

All it takes is about 10 pounds of home made high explosives in a van full of propane tanks and gasoline.

Internet has many sites that will tell you how to make high explosives. some ways will make very good HE ,Some are likely to blow up the bomb maker.

As a blaster in the mining industry i was very good at making my own HE back when i was between jobs and needed to break rock when prospecting.

I don't need to kill anyone to make news as i know of many very good targets like power grid systems. water systems, phone systems or other soft targets that are impossible to guard.

Any shooter or bomber might kill a large number of people but very rarely over 200 .
But i know how to make life very miserable for tens of 1000'S
that will blame the government for not stopping it.
that will make things bad for the government elected officials for something they have no control over.
edit on 14-2-2018 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Smoking - 480k
Accidents - 146k (motor vehicle - 38k)
Suicide - 44k
Alcohol induced deaths - 33k
Injury by Firearms - 34k
Homicide - 17k
Illicit Drugs - 17k

I don't know about you, but looks to me like humans killing each other in the US with firearms is not nearly as prevalent as the media makes it sound. Injury by firearms covers accidental discharge or a defect in which the gun misfires and the shooter is harmed.

The odds of falling in the tub and slamming your head into the faucet resulting in death is more likely to kill you or someone you know before gun violence will.

The homicide rate was 17k in 2015. That's not all guns. Thats all methods of killing someone combined.

Sorry, but more lives would be saved per year if people quit smoking, and driving while drunk. A kneejerk reaction to banning guns just means a greater black market for them and more deaths via knife, strangulation, bludgeoning and goodness knows what else to achieve a means. Guns are not and never were the issue. The issue is people with zero self control and empathy preying on others using whatever weapon they can get their hands on.
I've seen an attempted murder via claw-hammer foiled by a shotgun blast to the ass.
Poor woman needed some stitches, but her life was saved.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I gathered that.

I stand by it. No matter the context.

So you are standing by your inability to follow the conversation...okeydokey...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Smoking - 480k

Its really strange, tobaco executives are responsible for 480,000 deaths annually, yet nobody locks them up.

If you created a biological or chemical agent weapon, and released it into the general population, resulting in half a million deaths, then for sure they'd come and arrest you and toss you in jail.

Yet, the cigarette industry executives have done essentially exactly that, yet, mysteriously, they are immune from prosecution.

Go figure.

The US went to war against Saddam, because Saudi terrorists killed 3,000 Americans in one isolated incident in 9/11, in fact, two nations were invaded, Afghanistan and Iraq. (but not Saudi Arabia).

There seems to be some kind of weird justice in the world.

Peter does pay for Paul.

Iraq paid for what Saudi's did.

And it only took 3,000 deaths of American citizens to trigger that terrible retribution.

And the tobacco executives? They are still smiling all the way to the bank.

And even keep killing another 500,000 Americans every year.

Yet, nobody calls them "terrorists" or "enemy combatants".

Hmmm....

How come the entire tobaco industry executives aren't sitting somewhere in a cell in Guantanamo?

Reasonable people want to know.

Who decides on justice in America?

That makes all Trump's building a wall, and controlling immigrants etc..seem all ridiculous.

We accept the home killer, but not the foreign one.

edit on 15-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The US murder rate is thanks mostly to economic and social issues. Remove the guns and murderers will simply use something else.

In China you have mass stabbings, for example.

If criminals are determined to get guns, they will do so, regardless of their legal status. They don't care about the law after all.

Even in my country there is still the occasional shooting. In fact in the town I was born a few years ago a man drove around shooting people indiscriminately with an illegally acquired firearm..
edit on -060001am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

More automobiles = More automobile deaths!!!!

BAN CARS!!!

Given recent events, the number of muss murders by vehicle is rising.

Be careful what you jest about.

Have you seen my new driverless car by the way?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Hmm, An office I worked in was always armed by an alarm. it never shot anyone.

And no one I know needed to tell them off for it, either.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Today’s shootings were again done by a person in ILLEGAL possession of a firearm. Firearms are not the problem...

...perhaps we should look at how we’re raising our children to avoid all conflict, run to safe spaces, not learn to interact civilly, to not logically think through problems...the list goes on...

Were they illegal? I read some of his insta and he was asking how much it'd take to get background checks for a weapons. And so far, nothing I see says he had illegal weapons.

I'm not alluding to anything, just asking where you ascertain that he had illegal weapons.

Surely, they were illegal once used to commit a crime, as being an extension of his motive.

edit on 15-2-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

You people will never fix your gun problem

Because its a people problem... People obscessed with guns

Something you will never figure out apparently...

Blah blah take away our freedom... Meanwhile... The world watches a live episode of south park

Where the people of the country just can't figure out why

Give it up... You'll never fix it

It is a bit absurd isn't it.

"It's not a gun problem, it is a people problem. People are obsessed with guns!"

I'd add a smile emote to this, but it's not actually jovial in the least.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

More automobiles = More automobile deaths!!!!

BAN CARS!!!

Close... actually, require seatbelts, require a license, require safety standards etc.

Heh... I am a car collector. I have over 200 cars in my drive way, they're for show, and I know how to drive each and everyone of them... It's those illegal car owners you should be afraid of, and more so, a car can be used as a hammer when needed. Why I take my car out hunting, or target driving. I put my car collection to good use. My V8 is a far better hunting car than my volkswagon.

Unlike criminals, who can even use a rake to drive across the country.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joefoster
More cars, more car deaths
More sugar, more diabetes deaths
Your argument makes as much statistical sense as my statements.
It’s a mental health issue or religious issue, not a gun issue as they have convinced you it is.

I've never heard of a diet gun. Or a low gun diet.

People should just be able to eat all the sugar they like, and consequences be damned.

Haha I am not even part of the culture, but some of the arguments, both for and against, are ABSURD.

so I put 2 cents in, and somehow get change...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
"II was reading the other day that tourism numbers have dropped some 20% going to the U.S, there are a few reasons for this but a big one is gun nuts."

Helps with cutting down on terrorism and illegals I suppose.
On the OP, my house has numerous firearms and nobody has died. All my neighbors and brothers and sister at work too. In Chicago they are illegal. So is heroin and drinking and driving in the U.S.
There is a current topic showing how many have been stopped by the good guys. If you don't like it, then move to someplace where they are forbidden. Like Chicago..

Says the guy who needs his weapon to go shirtless by the pool to take a selfie.......

lmfao

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join