It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More guns = more gun deaths

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: YeeHaw
a reply to: TexasTruth

pssst your still anonymous.
Posting a photo next to TexasTruth doesn't change anything.

But hey if the tag #WeakBully fits you can wear it yourself.

Welcome friend! Registered today and already throwing insults. You should be a great contributor. Tell your mom to order pizza and bring it to the basement where you dwell.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I am honestly aghast at the amount of people who refuse to recognize the correlation.

Yep some people refuse to see the correlation.

Or would you prefer

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

In Africa, when I was there doing autopsies in the 1990's, most murders were committed by 'brick to the head'.

I don't think they have more bricks in Africa, just fewer guns.

My point though is that people will kill each other with whatever is at hand - guns, or bricks.

The weapon is not the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Do they have a lot of mass brick slayings in schools over there?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I dunno ... maybe you should investigate that.

The only child autopsy I did was on a 6 year old girl who drowned in a latrine.

Where I was, most children did not go to school.

Africa is a lot different, but human nature is the same.

That is my point.

edit on 15-2-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: added a sentence

edit on 15-2-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh Gawd....another "What about the children" thread.

Compare the number of gun related deaths per year to the number of car related deaths. Cars are far greater killers than guns are. So where is the What About The Children group? Nowhere to be seen. Why? Because they have cars and their solution, take away whatever the offending instrument is, would affect them this time. So, let tens of thousands of people die every year because you don't want a more difficult commute. Then get on your high horse and preach about deaths due to guns.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: YeeHaw

originally posted by: FHomerK

More automobiles = More automobile deaths!!!!

BAN CARS!!!

Cars have another purpose you dimwit.

So do kitchen knives. However, in the UK a few years ago, they wanted to outlaw kitchen knives because they were used in most crimes of passion.

Such a nice, safe, wonderful country that does not allow it's citizens to be own a gun.

Just like cars, knives serve multiple purposes. But they still tried to take knives away.

So, dimwit...... if your argument is that "well, all guns do is kill, and we'll be safer without them"..... what about the fact that the only person I've ever personally known to be violently murdered.... was in the UK, and they caved his head in with a cinderblock, and took several blows with it because all that was left of his head was paste.

Oh, but wait, that's a SAFE society.....

Here's your ticket, dimwit, go to the UK. Now. And revoke your US citizenship.
edit on 15-2-2018 by FHomerK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

BAN CARS!!!

Given recent events, the number of muss murders by vehicle is rising.

Be careful what you jest about.

Have you seen my new driverless car by the way?

I am not "jesting" about anything. I'm pointing out the ludicrous idea guns should be banned. I'm underscoring the fact that people are thinking with their emotions, and not their brains.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

BAN CARS!!!

Close... actually, require seatbelts, require a license, require safety standards etc.

What, doing all of will make certain that cars NEVER KILL AGAIN? Just like the way banning guns from US citizens will ensure that no US citizen is ever killed by another US citizen with a gun? Maybe that should be "with a legal gun"....

Butbutbutbubut....wait! THAT means, that only those doing illegal things will have a gun illegally and use it to kill?

Got news for everyone..... that little bastard shooting children in Florida was not legal usage of a gun, either.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't trust 'studies', they're flawed.

I would say the Most lethal weapon is 'Choice'. Not guns, cars, knives, golfballs, etc.

Society has a choice, to do right or wrong. And the way people are schooling their young, and how the media is driving socialized standards and moral reprieve as the new norm, is a big part of that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
We here in the US have 42% of the worlds guns. We also have about 4X the amount of mass shootings (more than 4 people shot during the event). I am honestly aghast at the amount of people who refuse to recognize the correlation. Yes, there are probably other factors (pharmaceuticals, mental health, a culture of fear of "other"), but ignoring these statistics must obviously create some major cognitive dissonance among those of you who refuse to believe more guns equals more gun deaths.

I don't think any one is ignoring these statistics...

... I think the problem is that a majority of people think that maintaining their freedoms is more important than the risk of being killed in a mass murder.

I don't own any firearms. Not really "in to" firearms.

But what I really enjoy is my freedoms; much more than my fear that I will die in a mass murder.

Now I'm confident my opinion will change once I or my loved ones fall victim; who's wouldn't. But that would be an emotional reaction not a logical one.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: TexasTruth
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
"II was reading the other day that tourism numbers have dropped some 20% going to the U.S, there are a few reasons for this but a big one is gun nuts."

Helps with cutting down on terrorism and illegals I suppose.
On the OP, my house has numerous firearms and nobody has died. All my neighbors and brothers and sister at work too. In Chicago they are illegal. So is heroin and drinking and driving in the U.S.
There is a current topic showing how many have been stopped by the good guys. If you don't like it, then move to someplace where they are forbidden. Like Chicago..

Says the guy who needs his weapon to go shirtless by the pool to take a selfie.......

lmfao

Shirtless by the pool? If you wear yours by the pool at 105 degrees, then you must be ashamed of your physique. A selfie is when one takes a photo of themselves. See my hands? And a gun on the family ranch hog hunting? God forbid the insanity of all that.
Never had an avatar until a week ago and have been wondering who would make the first personal attack.

Anonymity is for the weak bullies of the Internet. If comment pages on said internet had everyone's face and name it would be much more polite.

Thoughts and prayers for the kids and family's.

Dang it man
I cannot beleve you are so bold to flaunt that pic of you GLORIFYING that weapon used to kill more of our children than anything else in this country.
I will not stop till all swimming pools are under lock and key or cemented in even. We must keep easy access for children to so easily wander into unsupervised swimming pools. We should probably ban private swimming pools and only allow public swimming pools so government can monitor their use at all times.

We are losing kids EVERY SINGLE DAY to swimming pool deaths. Way more than guns. And all of you yahoos take 1 crazy and start pointing at guns when EVERYONE knows swimming pools kill more children that guns do.
And yet here we are using pics with swimming pools glorifying this unattended death trap by putting a gun in the pic for misdirection.

Well it worked!
Nobody is talking about all the children we lose to swimming pools EVERY DAY

Haha! I see what you did there and I like it. Actually the pool, alcohol, and even Einstein killed more, and I don't know of any deaths related to tannerite. (The bomb in my hand) haha
Albert urged the building of the Atomic bomb in a letter to the President. E=mc2 was the building block of the A bomb. And Alcohol, we all know as a leading killer. That gun is the safest thing in the picture!
Including safer that running around with me. A tip, stay FAR away when blowing tannerite

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

BAN CARS!!!

.. what?

Why do people bring up nonsensical comparisons. Guns are made specifically for one purpose - to kill living creatures. Cars are made for transportation. Apples and oranges.

Much better process for vetting is an actual solution.. along with harsher penalties for selling guns illegally.
edit on 15-2-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yet another article that provides evidence that more guns = more gun deaths:

mobile.nytimes.com...://m.facebook.com

I'm absolutely sure this won't change many of your minds though.

Is ANYONE here ok with mental health checks before being able to purchase an assault weapon?

The florida school shooting gunman clearly had mental health issues. While he is 19 years old, many if not all teens and people in their early 20s are not necessarily the most emotionally mature.

What if any restrictions are you ok with when it comes to guns?

For those of you who think we need more guns, lets follow that thought and ask yourselves if you think every kid in school should be packing heat. If not, why? Is it because you wouldn't trust someone who might lose their temper and not be able to control themselves?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More Water = More Drownings #FlawedLogic

Wake up everyone. Deep State is losing it and we're gonna see more of this #.

#TheGreatAwakening

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
More spoons = more fat people

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

First off, you have to consider the number of people in our country compare to the other countries. Let’s say for instance Sweden has 10 Million people and America has 325 Million. That means that America has 315 more people with, or without guns to consider. You can compare gun violence and the amount of guns, .....unless the numbers of people in the country are relatively the same amount.
Secondly, there was an experiment in the U.S. for gun control, which was Chicago. That is a gun free zone and is now the capital of gun violence? Why do you think that is? It’s because when criminals keep their guns (because they don’t follow laws) the rest of the citizens are sitting ducks for them. Basically they are bank accounts or rape victims that can’t fight back. Police never show until AFTER the crime, so they never stop the crimes they simply take notes after the crime has been completed. Another fact is that states that have the most guns, are safer....because when everyone knows, that everyone else may have a gun, they consider their own life then, and don’t make as many stupid desisions.

Try robbing a home that doesn’t have a gun in it, and one that does, and see which is harder to do. Try raping a woman who doesn’t have a gun, and one that does and see how things turn out. This Liberal crap about how women should piss on themselves to deter a raper? That’s putting them in more danger. Some twisted rapists like that kind of stuff, but if the female was carrying a gun....she may have him pissing himself instead.

Somthe remival If gunsmwill notmwork, Chicago,proved it, the UK has proven it (they have multiple repeat offenders breaking into their homes because it’s so easy), and other countries from the past who removed the guns from their populace ended up rounding up, enslaving and even mass murdering a great deal if specific types of people.

It’s a bad idea to remove the only teeth you have to protect yourself from criminals and your very own government. America is steeped in bad treatment of human beings at home and abroad. Our military are STILL killing people all,over the world...using what? Guns! But they want us to give ours up while they keep theirs? What theynreally want is 1776 again, but theynwant to win this time.

America has nuked a country twice, we put the Japanese in internment camps, we have tortured innocent men abroad, our government does everything it can to lie and deceive us even in elections now, we have more people in prison than China, North Korea and Russia combined, and they even poison us.ltheir own people and tell us it’s good for us. They control the media which then convinces us that these poisons are harmless and that going to war and killing the entire Middle East insomuch that we have to bring them to the west to live....is a good thing and that we’re altruistic formdoing so, when we basically murdered them all and then invited them to live amongst us. Pretty safe right?

Anyway, I don’t trust The aforementioned government enough to think that removing our guns...is yet again...a good thing for us.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
More spoons = more fat people

People don’t eat their bullets. It’s just selective reasoning. Do more wallets = more money?
edit on 17-2-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What I don't get is when people make comparisons to other countries without guns, why not just move there if you agree with their laws and feel so strongly about it?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
More gun deaths equal more guns

Every time there’s a mass shooting there’s fear guns will be prohibited, taken, so people start stocking up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join