It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 16 Most Ridiculous Things People Say After They Find Out Jesus Was Black and 48 Ways To Respond

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its not hatred to dispute a lie. Now there is some debate on the literal man named Jesus/Yeshua, in that time period, however, who knows. But the blond haired, or red haired mummies and the lineage of the true Moses, or pharoah, and Tut, is especially interesting. The Joshua Tree. Egtypian gnosis, related to Buddhism.

We certainly had Christs. And the one we relate to, whether or not he was actually from that time period was white. Though most likely in every group and race and continent there probably have been Christed ones. Though I agree, race isn't the issue, but truth is.
edit on 6-3-2018 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

If there was ever a topic that breeds both hilarious and ridiculous responses based on nothing more than hate for black people, its the subject of Christ being black. Put the words “black” and “Jesus” in the same sentence and people will lose all common sense.

I have not read anything in this thread that gives me any evidence to believe that Jesus was black. Please give us some evidence to support your assumed reason in your insistence that the biblical Jesus was black a skinned person.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Seede, have you ever read Black is Beautiful by Dr PS Ruckman?

Don't judge the book by its title or its author.

Get it it is a good read. Someone gave me a copy and I have read it three times. It is awesome and it leads me to think he had some real smarts about him. I can't wait to meet him in Heaven.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Seede, have you ever read Black is Beautiful by Dr PS Ruckman? Don't judge the book by its title or its author.Text

No Chester I have not read the book [Black is Beautiful] but in all honesty I also do not judge any person by color. In my ninety year life I simply do not favor any person except by their love for Jesus. The reason I asked strangechristian777 about this is because it is news to me that it was significant in the NT scriptures.

In rabbinical studies I have never encountered the inference of people of color in the tribes of Israel [Jacob]. In fact Miriam the mother of Jesus was of the Davidic linage which is the linage back to Judah. So the entire matter would have had to be that Jacob being black skinned or Joseph as being of color. But according to the accounts of Luke and Matthew, Jesus was of the Shemetic lineage which in turn was accountable to Adam. That is a big step to attempt to try to dig out of the scriptures and if it can be evidenced then it would surprise me greatly.

I have studied in England some years ago and have sat before different professors that insist Moses was black and even that Adam was black but that is not the normal teachings of most scholars. The reason that I have that it is not the complete truth is the fact that Miriam and Aaron would not have had difficulty in accepting the fact that Moses was wed to a Ethiopian had it not been racial or religious. It could very well have been either racial or religious but is not clear as to which in Torah. I believe it was racial simply because Moses was king of Ethiopia for forty years before he was chastised by his sister Miriam.

Nevertheless Chester, I find the topic a little off center by the O.P. and have my reservations In how this thread was presented. Especially when all people whether Jew or Gentile are born into one spirit. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The Bible is not about a person or a people or their color. But it is very interesting Dr Ruckman read 800 words a minute and had a photographic memory. He has read world history and sociology, Psychology, Science and about war. He actualy participated n the second world war in the pacific. It is not a book about a race but about a certain type of people who are covering up the truth and black seems to be a color they like to where and drive and operate in.

You'd love it I know. just google it the have in Kindle as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777Some people just can’t fathom the idea that a man that lived in Africa, came from a lineage that mixed with Africans, and were often mistaken for Africans…

Are you talking about Jesus here? Jesus was not from Africa! He was born in Bethlehem and never lived in Africa at any time in His life. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Jesus was born of an immaculate conception, Who knows what colour the Father was. He could have been a pinky green for all we know. Though i'm sure if he looked out of place in the middle east the bible would have mentioned it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

TextYou'd love it I know. just google it the have in Kindle as well.

Yes you are right Chester. I said that I did not read the book but I also did not tell you that I have heard Peter on his Body, Soul and Spirit. I did google him today and found many of his sermons on youtube. In fact an getting ready to meet an appointment and as soon as I return will listen to him again. The man is astounding and have never disagreed with one of his sermons. His understanding matches my understanding almost completely including KJV bible. In fact over seventy years ago the KJV bible was my companion as a young airman with the RAF. I will google his book and try a read when I get the time.

You are a good servant of the Lord Jesus, Chester, and a great warrior. Your reward will please you one day.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

To Him be the Glory.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
He wasn't black. He was brown. People in the Middle East aren't black.

That's amazing. So were you were born now determines the colour of your skin.?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
We silly humans think we know everything, we can't get a scerick of truth from say a school shooting a month ago, planes flying into buildings 17 years ago, let alone Kennedy's assassination 50 odd years ago and yet we can all argue till we are blue in the face of an event that may or may not have happened 2000 or so years ago....

It's little wonder we argue the semantics of left and right on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Nice to see you in observation mode.
You're right about truth being seemingly ungraspable.
Seeing this: we eventually let-go of the grasping, and just let it all be as it is.

5 pages of folks arguing about something that is unknowable.
Humour is just as valid as any opinion here, and more fun.

But just have to ask: is there any chance that that jeesus feller had a blue face?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
yet we can all argue till we are blue in the face

So he was a smurf?

That's the thread sorted then

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Hello, someone will share to me a spare copy of Black is beautiful by Peter S. Ruckman? I would appreciate your help my friend. Thank you and God bless you!
edit on 28-11-2019 by misio101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

Are you talking about Jesus here? Jesus was not from Africa! He was born in Bethlehem and never lived in Africa at any time in His life. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

Born in Bethlehem, but only because Joseph and Mary we're returning there for the census, which was why there were no rooms available for them. Josephus called Jesus the "Egyptian prophet.". Being as educated as he was in sorcery and necromancy, he probably studied the Solomon texts from the Alexandria Libraries. It's clear with both the Christmas story and the story where the family travels to Jerusalem for Jesus's bar mitzvah (and they accidentally leave him behind), that they had to travel quite a long way to get there.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Jesus was born of an immaculate conception, Who knows what colour the Father was. He could have been a pinky green for all we know. Though i'm sure if he looked out of place in the middle east the bible would have mentioned it.

Putting aside the children's story, yes, he probably looked pretty much like every other Jew, although he was probably taller and better looking than most. Because his family was well-off (unless you don't believe the Three Kings story), he was also probably better dressed and well-fed. He was like a movie star.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's pretty funny how obvious it is that so many people in this thread didn't read the article in the original post, because they use the exact same ridiculous points listed.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
It's pretty funny how obvious it is that so many people in this thread didn't read the article in the original post, because they use the exact same ridiculous points listed.

Its not a mystery what skin color 1st century people in galilee looked like we found their grave paintings. And just to clarify no they were not black however he wasnt white either like his pictures. If you want to see what skin color they had closest is probably Iranian jews.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

It doesn't matter what type of Man Jesus was...

It might matter if you came from a culture that was nullified by the west.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join