It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 16 Most Ridiculous Things People Say After They Find Out Jesus Was Black and 48 Ways To Respond

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He wasn't black. He was brown. People in the Middle East aren't black.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If Jesus was brown, then guess what .... God is likely brown too.

Let's wait until far right #Christian #Evangelicals in USA figure THAT one out.

Like the whole "of course Santa is white" ridiculousness on #FOXNEWS at Christmas.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Like the whole "of course Santa is white" ridiculousness on #FOXNEWS at Christmas.

Santa was white he was a greek orthodox bishop.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

the far-right-Christian-Evangelicals-in-the-USA are the most passionate believers on Earth.
and they're perfectly aware that Jesus is Jewish and thus brown.
I used to see 'My boss is a Jewish carpenter' bumper stickers in Tennessee.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Jesus was Middle Eastern. Why would anyone think he was black? or Caucasian?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There is a description of Jesus in Rev 1 this is what he looks like today.

Rev 1:14-16 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

edit on 16-2-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword

I liked that part. But of course you know that Christ the Warrior in Revelation was a poetic and symbolic prophecy and not an actual description.

Besides. White hair? The guy was only 33 when he died. Was he an albino like Moses? (Book of Enoch 105:1-3)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I always say he was not black.
And that's the trigger for the people who preach the hour long tale of blackenstein. I only stick around long enough to say he was not black. And then I leave.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GalenMarek
a reply to: strangechristian777

Jesus was Jewish. Most likely His skin color was darker much like an Arabs today. Caliph Omar conquered Jerusalem, Syria,Palestine, and Egypt. Nubians most likely came from Nubia and are depicted as much darker (Black) in Egyptian art and writing.

That's always been my general way of thinking about what he would have looked like back then. The whole picture of the white christ in a robe with sheep and people around his out stretched arms with a halo on his head has always baffled me.
The thought of a dark or black messiah does seem to get put down by alot of believers. They don't seem to want to even think of the possibility that is could be the case.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk

originally posted by: GalenMarek
a reply to: strangechristian777

Jesus was Jewish. Most likely His skin color was darker much like an Arabs today. Caliph Omar conquered Jerusalem, Syria,Palestine, and Egypt. Nubians most likely came from Nubia and are depicted as much darker (Black) in Egyptian art and writing.

That's always been my general way of thinking about what he would have looked like back then. The whole picture of the white christ in a robe with sheep and people around his out stretched arms with a halo on his head has always baffled me.
The thought of a dark or black messiah does seem to get put down by alot of believers. They don't seem to want to even think of the possibility that is could be the case.

You can believe Jesus was black, He wouldn't mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
17 and 49:

2 Timothy 3:1-5

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

God is not a racist unlike some other people with a deep hatred for anything white, that's for sure. The above video has a good example of someone "puffed up with (sometimes so-called black*) pride", among other things that are going on in his mind that are not good for him or anyone who takes him seriously. The argument of this thread is the core argument of those who refer to themselves as "Black Hebrew Israelites".

*: Black pride - Wikipedia

Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures and ideologies that encourages black people to celebrate black culture and embrace their African heritage.[1]

Too bad that's not the only effect that movement or ideology has had on a significant percentage of "black people" affected by so-called "black pride". Those who seem to turn the latter part of that description into "celebrate" being "lovers of themselves". Along with encouraging or demonstrating the other behavioural patterns I bolded.
edit on 20-2-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Every land mass on earth is lighter in the North. North Africans are Africans.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
God is a racist. He banished the white man to inner earth. Thats why's he's white.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

he is God almighty, the everlasting God, the LORD, the Ancient of days, from everlasting to everlasting of course he would have white hair, He is the Holy Father in heaven.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

he is God almighty, the everlasting God, the LORD, the Ancient of days, from everlasting to everlasting of course he would have white hair, He is the Holy Father in heaven.

It is your conceit that raises you above all else and this is why you can speak with authority on what damn color hair he has.

He can have what ever color hair he wants and your personal conceit will not change his hair color.

P

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm a mullatto.
My Parents Are Hispanic.
My Dad Is Dark/Black
My Mom Is Light/White
I'm Whitish, But My Phallus Is Dark/Black
I'm Quite The Oddity. My Ex Wife Laughed Alot...

First Ask What Color Was Mary And Joseph.
Then Find Out What Color Is God.
Then Find Out What Color You Are.
Then You'll Have More To Renig...
edit on 24-2-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Jesus was black??? Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Phew!!! Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Ahahahahahaaaaaa!

For starters, Modern Palestinians are 7th century Muslim Arab conquerors of land formerly belonging to Greeks, Romans, Persians and Jews. Therefore Jesus Christ did not resemble Palestinians.

Jesus Christ looked like his people! They were white Mediterranean people and the descendants of the Jews who still live in Israel and the Middle East. They are called Mizrahi Jews. They are the Jews who never left Israel or the Middle East.

Israelite Samaritans have lived over 3,000 years in Israel and DNA shows they are related to the ancient Israelites:
www.google.com.au... =__KoLE524VxoPUx19GiQFRYibl-vo%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjFrZTDmJHYAhVMW7wKHSDLCKMQ9QEILzAD#imgdii=JPNwWqFejYl5fM:&imgrc=zHyZMriDfu-SIM:

What race are they? Time to stop this despicable propaganda!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Macdon

Yes we know what skin color Jews were in the first century. They were not black they were white much like Greeks and Romans .

For historicAl proof we have mummy portraits which was paintings buried with the deceased. Hitler actually tried to change history by taking these.

www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

It is your conceit that raises you above all else and this is why you can speak with authority on what damn color hair he has.

He can have what ever color hair he wants and your personal conceit will not change his hair color.P

It is not my conceit or my words that declare what the color of Jesus Hair is in everlasting but the preserved words of God as found in the AV Bible that declare these things. Therein also we find when comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1Cor 2:13) that Jesus Christ is one with the father and the Holy Ghost when we see what God's preserved words have or us today. You would do well to read the AV Bible for five years rather than the teachings of men for that same period of time..

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Dan 7:9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
Context of Rev 1 as well as the context of the whole book of Revelation and other parts of the NT tells us this is Jesus Christ.

edit on 25-2-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

I am white but when I get into the sun I am red, even my tan is more red than brown. Artist say my natural color is a tint of green when they paint me they use a green base to the colors for my skin.

My wife is of ethnic background, and when she is inside who is light brown but when in the sun for long periods of time she turns black. Artist say her natural color is red so they use a red base to the colors when painting her.

So no matter what we all have colors in our pigments even if your eyes see black or white.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join