It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If his story doesn’t check out can he be sued for the cost of searching? People risked their lives in a snowstorm looking for him.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I wonder if he teleported from one place to another? There are rumors of real stargates so its possible he went to some portal that transported him from New York to LA.

My guess is that the portal/gateway was being stored in a container being hauled by big-rig truck with a diesel engine and six or more sets of axles. "DIaling in" just involves unlocking the bolts and making sure no-one sees you.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
If his story doesn’t check out can he be sued for the cost of searching? People risked their lives in a snowstorm looking for him.

I'm sure that'd be tough, not to mention the US government would be attempting to prosecute another nation's citizen. BUT, if his story does fall apart, those were a lot of resources, I could see some type of 'cost' being paid.

I've googled this story earlier today, and all of the reporting has been of his first-hand accounts, which in most instances are the bees' knees, but this story is unique and he's provided little to go on. Until a person steps forward that encountered this man before he made it to Sacramento, there's little we can do but speculate. Some of it reasonable/feasible, some intriguing, and some preposterous. Wait-and-see approach...
edit on 17-2-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: grammar

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat
I’ve googked and got the same results, nothing new.

I’d be real interested in an update like if they found a witness or some camera footage

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I only discovered this story today and it is definitely bizzare.

Like some have already said, a person cannot go "missing" for seven days and travel 3000 miles without transport, contact with others, eating, using a bathroom, shaving, changing underwear/clothes, possibly needing I.D. and money. All the indicators should be there in his appearance, state of health and most evidently, where, when or if he used any form of credit facility.

If someone assisted him at any point of his journey, then surely it is just a matter of time until that person realizes they are involved and will come forward. Or do we have to wait until the CIA has finished with him and they provide the relevant people and evidence for us?

Tick-Tock.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Does he show signs of elevated red blood cells? If yes, then they need to isolate him before the pathogen spreads which could cause a global pandemic. The interstellar zombie virus has arrived!!!!

Get the Tomatoes inside now and call your uncle!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
He may have modulated without a Lens.
It happens on rare occasion.
It is a curious and confusing phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Another dude lost for a week turns up:
Missing Uber Driver Found

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Seriously, there's no update on this?

That is very odd. My mind wouldn't have jumped to Walton-esque (I'd be more inclined to suspect some cross-country tractor-trailer gang of organ-stealers or something!) but moving from a snow slope to 3000 miles away without ID and in the same clothes three days later is quite the mystery for onlookers.

RC

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is VERY odd that there are no updates, aside that after going to New York, he went back home to Canada.

If he had a head injury, that should have been very apparent and reported, but nothing so far. My only other thought would be some kind of mental breakdown or something similar

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

He was gone for a week with no money. What did he eat and drink I wonder?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

when he identified hois position to authorities - he had a mobile phone and $1000 cash

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
very interesting event, btw authorities seem to think he travelled most of the way via transport truck.

globalnews.ca... dis-returns-to-canada/

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

People risked their lives in a snowstorm looking for him.

Everything wrong with the U.S. in one sentence, imo.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Very rarely a very interesting story comes along that is really hard to find any rational explanation for. This is one of those.
These stories fascinate me and are the reason Im a member of sites like this.
Great story.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Not much coming in the way of updates, on this intriguing story.
This acticle dates from the 21st of feb, but doesn't seem to say much new, other than saying that he was WEARING his ski-helmet and ski-goggles when he was found. (Granted that could just be journalistic inconsistency).

Missing Toronto firefighter

It also mentions that he is on medical leave from his job.

Many questions remain:
If he had post-concussion symptoms: it was never mentioned, and why would he be released from Sacramento hospital so soon?
Was he accompanied on his flight back to Lake Placid?
How did he get a haircut if he was still wearing his helmet and goggles? (Sorry: that's just silly).

Confusion aside: how would a 49 year-old not know that he could make a pay-phone call with his credit card, or make a collect call, but bought a smartphone instead? But was alert enough to remember his wife's cell number, and nickname?
How was he not spotted immediately by airport security, upon entering Sacremento airport?

If he climbed into the open trailer of a truck, and traveled clear across the country, with the driver never checking the back or locking his truck? Does this sound like a normal trucking procedure, from a town that is off the path from main cross-country trucking lanes?
No truck inspection stations along the way?
Not one single report of anyone seeing him going across the country in ski-gear?

Has anyone noticed how the news releases say: "...at least 6 gov agencies..."?
They surely know how many agencies were involved, but perhaps some don't like much publicity?

The lack of updates is puzzling in itself.

edit on 25-2-2018 by Nothin because: sp

edit on 25-2-2018 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

State police did not say if Filippidis would face criminal charges.

Oh, come on! Seriously????

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

One thing no one's mentioned: the seeming lack of witnesses seeing a man in full ski gear stumbling around the country...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I have seen a man 'vanish' before, it was so odd I made I made a thread about it.
*I* have vanished. Both times when it happened, nothing was altered or changed from my perspective. The person I was with (wife both times) a) said I was pfft- gone, and she walked right past me/ where I was, and b) I never saw her, and at the close distance she said she was- I'd have been hard pressed to not notice. We're talking a foot or less. First time, it was a completely flat stretch of road, straight as an arrow- second time, it was at our old apartment- and another straight shot with less ground to cover.

However, I haven't made it miles, or even feet. Not by any means other than wandering around looking for her, and swearing a lot.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Its impossible to not be seen traveling from the side of a mountain in New York to California. Not to mention he was in close proximity with his friends when this happened. Probably no farther apart than 250 meters.

All these stupid theories of this guy trying to "hide" from something don't add up to anything but a wild guess. There were over 6 law enforcement departments looking for him including homeland security.

Not to mention he had no food or water since then, also he hasn't been to one bathroom in 6 days which is also impossible....

Use some logic here people.

It's hard to use the usual logic in a case like this. Plus- no witnesses. Anywhere. And no, I'm not discounting it- I've been thru similar- minus the long trip- and in distances far less than 250m. Like *2 feet*. Logic gets up, gives you the finger, and wanders off giggling.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join