It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If children are the future, then Canada is flushing it down the toilet.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Even CNN admitted that Conservatives are afraid of losing their jobs in the tech industry because of their views:

Jack: The main reason why it can be tough to be conservative is actually because of business reasons. There's such a lack of skilled workers, even in Silicon Valley, so you already are in a recruiting war. If you come out and say you're conservative, you may not be able to attract this top talent that's so critical to build a multi-billion-dollar business.

Pretty much anything that seems remotely right wing could really hurt your business. You can lose your job and your livelihood, all because of a political belief that you feel is shared by half the country.

money.cnn.com...

The tech industry have been taken over by Radical Feminists.
edit on 2/9/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GoalPoster

Anyone who cites a standardized ranking to judge education systems that are basically failing because everything is becoming standardized must have been a product of one of the two cited education systems.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Brainwashing?

No.

It's called life.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You forgot the Soviet Red Pioneers or Young Pioneers or whatever it was called. Functional Equivalent to the Hitler Youth.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cub scouts and Boy scouts, Pop Warner football, Little league, Sunday School...

Formation, Rank, March.

So I should feed my kid an iPad and let him sit on the couch and do nothing because it would be wrong to get him involved in any kind of after school activity because it's all "brainwashing" and "indoctrination"?

Or is it only "brainwashing" and "indoctrination" if you don't approve of it?

Perhaps you should type out a list of approved activities for children that get them involved and are fun that you feel do not indoctrinate and brainwash?

Keep in mind, I already allow mine to take plenty of unstructured play, but he needs to to be active in something beyond his own time.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I want to think about "Children of the corn"

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I know the evolutionary 'dogma'. We're animals after all, so might as well behave like them.

Bah...

Thats another excuse conquerors use like, "we're invited" and "they love us".

Unless its done to us, then we have double standard fits.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The book list they have for the "new" curriculum looks like something someone on 4chan would make as a joke.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Cub scouts and Boy scouts, Pop Warner football, Little league, Sunday School...

Formation, Rank, March.

I wasn't forced into any of those programs so what's your comparison actually mean?

Shut up, heres a rifle, go people in foreign lands.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Keep in mind, I already allow mine to take plenty of unstructured play, but he needs to to be active in something beyond his own time.

Yah, he's marching to your tune. And your tune? Is the same one everyone else is marching too.

edit on 9-2-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wonder how much more beligerent and picky this will make them when they reach their later teens?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Yah, he's marching to your tune. And your tune? Is the same one everyone else is marching too.

If that were true I'd have him in Girl Scouts to train out his toxic masculinity.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Did you even read the link you put up? It's a class it's not changing the whole school system.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Dont wrorry, its a global plan and its happening in my country too.

Read this:

A bloke at this talk took these notes.

as Dr Day had predicted in his ‘Everything Is In Place And Nobody Can Stop Us Now’ lecture, in 1969:

"We plan to enter the 21st Century with a running start. Everything is in place and nobody can stop us now . . ."
He said – as we listened to what he was about to present – he said:

"Some of you will think I'm talking about Communism. Well, what I'm talking about is much bigger than Communism!"
The Real and the "Stated" Goals

Another comment that was repeated from time to time ... this particularly in relation to changing laws and customs ... and specific changes ... he said:

"Everything has two purposes. One is the ostensible purpose which will make it acceptable to people; and second, is the real purpose which would further the goals of establishing the new system and having it."
More Time in Schools, but they "Wouldn't Learn Anything."

As regards education, he indicated that kids would spend more time in schools, but in many schools they wouldn't learn anything. They'll learn some things, but not as much as formerly. Better schools in better areas with better people -their kids will learn more. In the better schools, learning would be accelerated. And this is another time where he said:
Controlling who has Access to Information

He was already talking about computers in education, and at that time he said anybody who wanted computer access, or access to books that were not directly related to their field of study would have to have a very good reason for so doing. Otherwise, access would be denied.

Schools as the Hub of the Community
Another angle was that the schools would become more important in people's overall life. Kids in addition to their academics, would have to get into school activities unless they wanted to feel completely out of it. But spontaneous activities among kids -the thing that came to my mind when I heard this was sandlot football and sandlot baseball teams that we worked up as kids growing up. I said the kids wanting any activities outside of school would be almost forced to get them through the school. There would be few opportunities outside.

Now the pressures of the accelerated academic program, the accelerated demands, where kids would feel they had to be part of something – one or another athletic club or some school activity -these pressures he recognized would cause some students to burn out. He said:

" ... the smartest ones will learn how to cope with pressures and to survive. There will be some help available to students in handling stress, but the unfit won't be able to make it. They will then move on to other things."

In this connection, and later on in the connection with drug abuse and alcohol abuse, he indicated that psychiatric services to help would be increased dramatically. In all the pushing for achievement, it was recognized that many people would need help, and the people worth keeping around would be able to accept and benefit from that help, and still be super-achievers. Those who could not would fall by the wayside and therefore were sort of dispensable -"expendable" -I guess is the word I want. Education would be lifelong. Adults would be going to school. There'll always be new information that adults must have to keep up. When you can't keep up anymore, you're too old. This was another way of letting older people know that the time had come for them to move on and take the demise pill. If you get too tired to keep up with your education, or you got too old to learn new information, then this was a signal – you begin to prepare to get ready to step aside.

Some Books would just Disappear from the Libraries

In addition to revising the classics, which I alluded to awhile ago -with revising the Bible, he said:
"... some books would just disappear from the libraries."

This was in the vein that some books contain information or contain ideas that should not be kept around. And therefore, those books would disappear. I don't remember exactly if he said how this was to be accomplished. But I seem to recall carrying away this idea that this would include thefts. That certain people would be designated to go to certain libraries and pick up certain books and just get rid of them. Not necessarily as a matter of policy – just simply steal it. Further down the line, not everybody will be allowed to own books. And some books nobody will be allowed to own.

There were over 100 items in the list made by another doctor at the talk who made these notes.

One of those items was rolled out in the US several weeks ago when someone posted on here that health care would be connect to one work ....or lack thereof.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would say get the kids leaning some science and math in school and writing English. After they learn that stuff...get them the hell outta there before this political SJW crap kicks in.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If that were true I'd have him in Girl Scouts to train out his toxic masculinity.

And just what does "Toxic Masculinity" mean to you exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join