It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Equities in Trouble? Worst Daily Points Drop in History for DOW

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think this is retaliation for the MEMO and certain groups are on their last legs.

Crash the economy, that'll show the world TRUMP needs to be impeached

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Gann's February 4 annual reversal......major correction wave for the Elliott Wave Analysts out there....minumum down move is 23.6 %

Cycles have this mapped well.....not the size of thw upmove...just the timing of the fall and magnitude

edit on 5-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

DOW Futures up 1,100 points now... looks like the can has been kicked down the road for a bit (but who really knows at this point)

EDIT:

VIX up to 45!!!

DOW down futures down 400 now... crazy, crazy swings right now. Buckle up people.
edit on 6-2-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Meh, it’s just a correction. Remember a year ago the Dow was at 19000. It’s a correction. Markets were in a weird position all last year. Be worried about raising interest rates, that’s when the market may reflect Main Street more.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The volatility index (VIX) was at 8-something in January, it's now at over 49. I think we're hitting some turbulence

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I saw a segment on CNBC or on one of the other news stations, where an analysts said that 81% of stocks are owned by the top 10% of the wealthiest people, and 50% of the American people DON'T own one share of stock......

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think this is retaliation for the MEMO and certain groups are on their last legs.

If Trump can take a play out of the dems playbook, he should, by emergency powers, go after the bankers and regulators and not a crisis go to waste.
a reply to: Agit8dChop

edit on 6-2-2018 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Big money only has a few places to really go. Either equities, stocks or real estate. Cash and gold are not practical with big money because the authorities can steal it (confiscate it) any time. A lot left bonds and went into equities. My guess is, if TPTB see enough unprotected cash in banks that is transitioning, they pull the plug and steal it.

a reply to: jimmyx

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman

If Trump can take a play out of the dems playbook, he should, by emergency powers, go after the bankers and regulators and not a crisis go to waste.
a reply to: Agit8dChop

good thing trump isn't doing anything to thwart the Russians involvement in our elections, he needs all the help he can get, to make this an authoritarian government, Putin is very good at doing that, examples...Poland, Syria, turkey, Ukraine

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
He and the republican majority are exposing the truth, which is a good start. The FISA courts and FBI, DNC and the Clinton campaign all colluded to use a paid for dossier to attack political opposition and a sitting president, all high crimes bordering treason.

a reply to: jimmyx

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: craterman

I wouldn't even be so kind as to say "bordering on"....it's outright treason, and has been for some time. Thank goodness enough folks saw through that puppet show, and stuck a finger in the eye of the establishment for once. I still get giddy thinking back to election night, and watching the total shock on the newscasters' faces as the results came in.... We, on the other hand, were confident how it would play out.

Look, Trump says some stupid things, but the actual things being done (lower unemployment, stocks volatile but still at record highs, folks getting bonuses from new tax plan, etc.) are exactly why we voted for the loon. Is it everything we wanted? No, but nonsense tweets, etc. don't affect my family, whereas the action items DO.

Different poster:

good thing trump isn't doing anything to thwart the Russians involvement in our elections

If you STILL can't understand that this narrative was and has been, completely manufactured since jump, then nothing I can do for ya....hehe. They certainly had nothing to do with my vote. If you mean they were responsible for releasing the truth, and THAT led to Trump's victory, then how can one have a problem with that? I mean, the DNC was CAUGHT rigging the primary!

Back to topic though.....

Stocks are likely going through a needed correction. Certainly not the time I'd want to buy stocks.

edit on 6-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The Dow futures are moving sideways after a predictable retracement Asia is up of course.
No idea where things will be next Monday.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If it is treason, then they should be hanged. If they are not, the dems will succeed in stealing an election and they will be released and end up back in power.

a reply to: Gazrok

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: craterman

Sadly, I predict this is EXACTLY what will happen...though not for 7 more years, if they keep floating the names they often mention! LOL.

While I don't think the powers that be controlled Trump during the election, I DO think that AFTER he was the remaining GOP candidate, he was presented with something that convinced him to play ball somewhat. What that was...is anyone's guess, but I can even pinpoint when the shift happened. That day he met with top GOP officials, and they did a complete 180 on backing him.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The Dow futures are moving sideways after a predictable retracement Asia is up of course.
No idea where things will be next Monday.

Well, if we KNEW, we'd all be rich...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join