It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Equities in Trouble? Worst Daily Points Drop in History for DOW

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Remember it fell sharply even with the Plunge protection team, this might mean if all the global stocks start sliding they will just have to let it all happen and get it over with.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm out!!

Anyone that thinks trickle down is going to benefit the market if full of Trumps covfefe dreams. I guess that makes me a traitor as well.

Remember it fell sharply even with the Plunge protection team, this might mean if all the global stocks start sliding they will just have to let it all happen and get it over with.

They don't Trust Trump, bunch of Traitors is what them is....

edit on 5-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Let what happen? This was minor compared to some of the other sell offs, it doesn't even crack the top 20 as I said earlier.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This might just be the beginning, I have a feeling things will only get worse from here on out. No proof or evIdence, just a feeling. Now watch the news the next few days, let's see how many distractions they throw our way.

North Korea+Olympics+usa...
😒

edit on 2018-02-05T19:16:44-06:00pmMon, 05 Feb 2018 19:16:44 -0600pmbpm2018 by carabao because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He should wait and see.

It's still President Obama's economy until at least September right?

Uh, no. Fiscal year that started in October 2016 ended in September 2017.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carabao

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This might just be the beginning, I have a feeling things will only get worse from here on out. No proof or evIdence, just a feeling. Now watch the news the next few days, let's see how many distractions they throw our way.

North Korea+Olympics+usa...
😒

Train wrecks seem to be gaining in popularity.

atm, it looks like an entry into the WSOP might be a better bet than the current market.

www.cardplayer.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This fall, btw, is very mysterious, none of the experts can justify it.

Happens on the first day of Trump's Fed choice coming to work!

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL

The market has definitely been riding a fake high.
And it will be crashing, maybe not now, but sooner or later.
After all the whole point of markets are fluctuations.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am really surprised there’s not much conspiratorial thinking about this crash

I wanted to do an op but too tired tonight

Did people know the Dow fell 666 points Friday?

What must be understood clearly is that the deep state will swat Trump down like a bug when they want to

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The Asian markets are opening Nikkei 225 fluctuating down between 110 to 120 points.
But that is a now observation who will be able to forecast the next 20 percent correction except to speculate that it will be orderly and fair (if that even makes sense)?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

The Asian markets are opening Nikkei 225 fluctuating down between 110 to 120 points.
But that is a now observation who will be able to forecast the next 20 percent correction except to speculate that it will be orderly and fair (if that even makes sense)?

www.marketwatch.com...

Yikes... I feel that the correction (if that's all it is) in US markets will continue tomorrow based on this update...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Their market is more fake then the Wall street one. This time It has a lot of real pressures, the gold backed Yuan, the end of the Petro dollar, overseas are selling their bonds, plus anyone who studies the growing amount of homeless the nil interest rates. The inflation. If the economy was doing well it wouldn't require talking up. I think its already dead , it died in 2008 .

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Another thing to consider along with this happening on the day Trump Fed chief takes over is it happened on the day Trump gave an economic speech bragging about his economic policies

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here is an actual link to the chart, there is a (very short term) double bottom there for the Nikkei.
That kind of pattern often signals a willingness to hold and wait to see what happens when the European markets open tomorrow. They may be just doing a global ~Five percen correction so as not to scare off the investors.

www.investing.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

At the opening of the Nikkei yesterday it just dropped like a stone then the P.P.T. moved in to orchestrate it. They might even orchestrate a correction , but its no longer real, its weaponized, and politicized. It's no longer performing its function. That said if it was real we would be in a recession since 2008, perhaps a full flung depression which would have forced political change . Which would mean the rich would have to pay their taxes like everybody else.

link   

edit on 5-2-2018 by anonentity because: correct

link   

edit on 5-2-2018 by anonentity because: correct

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
This time It has a lot of real pressures, the gold backed Yuan...

There is no such currency, stop making things up.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Earnings have always brought the price of stock back after sell offs historically.
That might mean having to wait a year or more if more traditional price to earning ratios prevail again.
You have to remember interest rates have been held near zero in the US since 2008.
Japan got away with that zero interest rate policy for 2 decades thus the confidence that the bull market may continue.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
dow futures down another 600... not looking good for tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join