It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FUTURE is NIGH... Be Afraid. Be VERY Afraid!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We might as well get something since it is obvious they already know who we are and what we are doing on the net. I agree with the idea that the government should own the lines and lease space back to the companies. That is the only way we get real competition and highest standard of service. The profit motive doesn't allow for this.

I don't use Facebook and have a computer with (at least to my knowledge) no facebook software. However when I search for something on my computer, my wife will start seeing ads for whatever I searched for on her Android phone. Pretty scary.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I'm right there with you.

If those guys are making money off of my information, I should be getting paid for it. Sure I might be worth pennies, but that information gets resold over and over and my profile of my life's existence gets bigger the more I'm profiled. I figure I'm worth millions by now to some company. If we add up from start (when data on me started being stored) to stop (death), all that information over the years that will be sold and used and resold... They shouldn't be allowed to put a price tag on it. I should... I'm the product and no one owns me but me. I should be able to put a price tag on me, my product and sell it for what I want. Billions!

See... that should be a valid argument in the courts.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I read This Article some time back. I had to go back and find it. It's a very good read. It'll give you something to think about when relating to our online data and data mining by companies.

The concept of "data" as it relates to everyday people is still evolving. Between copyright and privacy laws, we've gotten ourselves tricked into believing that there's such a thing as data ownership. If the government starts pulling your GPS records without a warrant, they get in trouble because that's a form of privacy invasion. If you post a photo online and someone takes it, crops out your watermark, and posts it on their website, they've violated copyright.

As an example, however, if an unseen observer follows you around and writes down every place you visit, does nothing with this information, and you never discover their activities, they have broken no laws. There is no legal concept that states you are the sole proprietor and owner of the information regarding your life and that the mere collection of this information is a violation of your rights. The closest legal offense for this behavior would be stalking, however not only does this tend to involve an element of harassment (something our hypothetical unseen observer would be incapable of doing), but it's also irrelevant because your phone can't be convicted of stalking you.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Did you see that a judge had to decide that posting a link to the Playboy archive is not a copyright infringement?

They tried to block people from doing that. And embedding tweets may be copyright infringement! That is so dumb... no words.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

5G is solid but Xplay is better in grinding the daily speed bump (faster then the speed of light some say).

But TPTB aka the Illuminati are scum and they will use any device (my guess stealing the original creators idea), the Illuminati will not get away with there thefts and will be brought down.

Hmmm anyone looking for full disclosure, can't wait for it...speed.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

lol To be honest, I kind of expect that kind of stuff taking place these days. I don't know what's happening. It's an oddity for sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I am very well aware of the data I do not control.

There's also supercookies, which are stored serverside, obviously I do not have access to that, and I am sure they are shared. There's a lot we cannot control, but there is a lot that we can.

I will still do my best to minimise the footprint, regardless of the lack of control over certain external elements. I won't give up because I cannot delete all of it, the volume of it matters.

Each and every data breach could be the one that costs you your credit report, or worse. You should do your best to minimise your footprint in every way you possibly can because the cost some data in the wrong hands can be devastating.
edit on 27/2/2018 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I think Ai will never become conscious because it doesnt have living matter !
unless they make the AI from biological cells made in a lab.

Also true story , when BT wanted to introduce 4G they took down all the 3G network masts in Glasgow so that people would start losing coverage and have to upgrade their mobiles to 4G

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So basically, we just need to move into the country... stay away from big cities?

Is that the only way to escape the WiFi demon spirit?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

If you spend all your time watching these woo-woo videos your mind will go all mushy, you will lose all touch with reality and....oh, sorry - too late.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If the worst case scenarios of the OP really do play out then nuclear war doesn't sound quite as bad to me. It might even buy the human race a few more years.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I'm about to abandon the internet for a few years...

so I'm trying to get as much out of Youtube for the time being.

I will rebel against technology one day... but today isn't that day.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

rebel against technology by remaining a biological being !

dont get any augmentations , and get rid of your social media !

be ill informed not mis informed !

I havent used a mobile phone for a year and already I feel great
I no longer have ghost spasms in my leg, from text message /notification vibrations

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join