It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FUTURE is NIGH... Be Afraid. Be VERY Afraid!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The way I see it is, they will only see as much as I allow them to. There are ways to live off grid, without actually being off the grid. One just needs to know how.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
No evidence for claims mixed with fairytales and mass quaitity of Dunning-Kruger Effect
edit on 6-2-2018 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
EXCELLENT THREAD StalliionDuck!

Yep... welcome to the future which is already in progress!

Everything tech is years beyond what we have been led to believe.

Another reason why the recent re-authorization of the FISA court was very unfortunate.

I'd much rather take my chances with s**thead "terrorists" than have full spectrum dominance of everything via SkyNet.

But... it looks like that toothpaste is already out of the tube. We'll see.

POTUS killing TPP may have bought us a little time, in the bigger picture... but 5G and beyond is full steam ahead regardless if it's global corporations running things or tech giants/Intel running everything in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I can totally see your point and this system is designed in order to increase the wealth gap between the rich and poor
it is also designed in order to increase their security, whilst removing our rights and freedoms

I understand that people have to at least get involved and play the game, but this is where You come in!
you need to play the game just enough to induce changes on a level where we say no to tattoo id cash registration.
We say no to completely digital systems because that will further drive the gap between rich and poor , those who can afford the tech and those who cant.

Just like in the future when no one can afford the necessary body modifications to keep up with the rest of the transhumanist society and we end up in further conflict between the transhumanists and normal humans !
see deus ex machina, ghost in the shell , appleseed etc !

Of course if that plan fails then we just roll out the guillotines again , we just need to keep reminding all these rich people that when you push the poverty stricken masses enough then heads will certainly roll !

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

It's happened to me as well, I had a friend request from I kid you not-S.Cam.

I use Facebook very rarely, only to get it in touch with school friends, I ain't stupid so getting random friend requests sets of alarm bells.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That´s exactly the tipping point when we allow / utilize not overseen source to execute, "written" by any kind of AI. Not because of evil intents but miscalculation.

I won´t be readable by a human, and if, you´d need to rely on the AI to translate it correctly (and everything) into source that is comprehensible by a human.

Classical example would be the kill switch. Imagine you find out there is some kind of kill switch "in you". You will try to get rid of it, first line self defense, second line, preventive measurements to not let this happen again. Either in your own generation or further ones. Third line, active counter-measures to anihilate the thread from the begining.

Who knows? Something like this already happened years ago during the project on the left, visible in my avatar.

We had this longtime experiment to make sure hive integrity and parameters stay in a set window. Table with borders and regions with "desireable" objects to retrive and store at a certain level. Well, now and then, we had to pick up one for material weakening and other stuff (not my field) or even to do a reset to the single ant.

Over time, the whole hive started to avoid the region where most where picked up (because that pick-place is convenient for humans, it was used often). It took a while to recognize this (days). It must have calculated some kind of heatmap and we found the memory blocks where that "heatmap" was stored. None of us could make sense of it because it was way to less information there.

Until someone concluded there had to be some kind of mathematical function to determine coordinates in 2D space, out of that data. Since we had a slight clue by the time what was going on, the "math-division" gobbled together a heatmap and sent it to a specialized company, later on when the first results were trickling in, all of it was done in-house from then on, a whole division of math-heads. Never saw the IT-division working so quick and overnight-shifts to finish the datacenter that was somehow justified by that little find, I asume.

TL;DR: (f)AI did not only recognized a threat to it´s assigned job, but showed avoiding measurements first, active countermeasures later. Random, clearly not walking-like movements of the legs (it struggled).

What really freaked some of us out was the fact that not only the above happened, but the AI found a way to make space in memory and came up with a specialized compression algorithm that beats everything the math-division could come afterwards for that special task, for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

As an older person, that is just amazing. I don’t feel scared when I think about it. Like everything, it can be good or bad. The privacy thing, that is only possible for people who like isolation. Meddling, snooping, watching other humans seems to be in our dna. I grew up in a small Mississippi town, and they knew everything about everyone. What you bought, where you banked, who you were sleeping with.
So, you believe the created will overtake the creators? We better disarm the nukes then if a superior species is emerging.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Wow, from that TED talk clip, was that the red pill or the blue pill the lady was describing as taking as her first super power!

I can’t help noticing they keep trying to pass this tech off as perfect for authentication purposes. But if anything it could do the opposite, what if your personal chip gets remotely hacked? What if your personal data is stolen or wiped, how could you interact in a society built around that tech?

It would be like trying to use an ATM without a card..

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I just started watching this show...

Mind blowing!

I noticed that there are a good hand full of shows and movies that are picking up this type of storyline. Maybe the new TV and discussion fad. Immortality!

It's very tempting, I have to say. But at what cost...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Google keeps track of us more than we will ever know,
and they have been caught doing this and were fined.

They also use that same information to help rig elections,
fudge with search results, and outright put out false claims.

Kind of makes ya wonder why?

There are many sides, they are not on ours.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like that idea for a forum topic!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I approach this worrisome topic as a spiritual individual and so here is my point of view. Facebook/social media i use once in a blue moon and i do not believe in/reject the concept of transhumanism(chips, AI enchancing etc) and the philosophy of those imho confused scientist that drives it, it's a movement rooted in the fear of death/prevent death by those who suffer every day because of their troubled mind and materialist beliefs in death, the same basic fear kings and emperors had in the past when seeking ''immortality'' such as Alexander the Great.

I found my personal evidence that physical death is not the end of us or consciousness so i honestly feel sorrow for the world that is suffering something unecessary, without spiritual insight and the harmony it brings a physical threat to our bodily existance will always be able to control us, fear is control unfortunately, transhumanism and the ''promises'' will easily be sold to the unsuspecting fearful masses, sadly. Chip and AI integration with biology is not far away imho.

I think that unless we wake up spiritually in time we might even kill ourselves thanks to our nightmarish/abomination creations(AI, nuclear weapons) in the wrong hands, as Oppenheimer ''the father of the atomic bomb'' i too suspect that this might not be the first time in history we do that, weapons such as ''Brahamastra' and knowledge within the ancient sanskrit vedic text suggests imho a scientific paradigm of more advanced understanding than our own(astronomy, consciousness, the nature of reality), forgotten by the collective memory for thousands of years. Perhaps we are truly living in ''Dwapara Yuga''(energy age, E = mc2) as presented by the christ-like figure, Sri Yukteswar in the book, Holy Sciences.

Having said that i still care for the world and worry about the health implications of wireless technologies everywhere, i.e cancer is sprouting like never before(even among children). We might be the physically weakest generation in history due to lack of contact with the elements, sun, clean air, water is is necessary for our well being, contact with the earth and the green nature(walking barefoot and grounding, removal of static electricity), just eating healthy is not enough. These technologies bombard us with electromagnetic fields & signals, it's already dystopic when i think about it and people everywhere are embracing it in their sedentary lifestyles bombarded by electronics, so we get disease like never before and the solution ''they'' will offer us soon is to insert a chip into the brain? AI monitoring even our bathroom visits... no thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Wow, outstanding OP.

Yea, its something to worry about, but honesty, there's nothing to do about it to stop it. TPTB always win, cause the got the money.

Facebook is, in order to survive and as a function of the CIA, will probably be the platform chosen to implement a social credit system.

www.wired.com...

That is something to worry about, but wait, there's more. Because of the assault on net-neutrality, there are now voices crying to nationalize the internet. When that happens, each internet user will be forced to acquire/accept a digital ID to use the internet. That will be the end of annonymity. And with nationalizaton will of course come censorship. ONly the accepted government/MSM media will be accepte d for content or as content providers.

More to worry about.

I've seen that happening . Some websites require a Google or Facebook userID to login. I recently upgraded Windows 10 and it offered me the chance to use my Windows userid as a user account in order to sync my personal data across all computers. Having a standalone user account exclusve to the one machine was considered a "risk".

Using applications like Unity or Unreal and Steam also requires an online connection and user account.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

Brainchips - No, they are not, and never will be.

There is no "Mind interfacing tech" - That's a pipedream

Your brain does not operate at the frequency of 2.4 or 5ghz. If it did, your microwave or Wi-Fi router would give you a stroke instantly.

You may love this stuff, but it's not from a standpoint of knowledge, but pure speculation and assertions not based in reality.

Dream on slush puppy. The tech already exists thereabouts; its all proven concepts. Too much to list. Try the Google, you'll see.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
As of now, you can block a lot of things, the majority of it in fact.

Facebook and the like does gather information on you, whether it knows your name or the information is just linked to a MAC or IP address, maybe even your phone number. It has over 500 data points it utilises and multiple companies are used for data mining. The data is useful to them whether they know who you are or not.

I had to sign up to FB so I could message a particular business, it suggested nothing of relevance to me. All it knows is my IP address, and it cannot link that to anything. I have blocked all FB "bugs" in my browsers for a very long time. Of course I cannot block all of the data that the other end receives, such as my IP (unless using a vpn). I do however change my browser user agent (identifier). For all intents and purposes, I am feeding it disinformation.

Please note, I have absolutely no affiliation or connection to these two addons.
I use uBlock origin and Ghostery to block the FB and so on's web bugs. If someone asks, that is what I suggest. Do not enable or use prediction or reputation services, that sends every URL you visit to the provider.

I also suggest you look into your antivirus program. The majority of them harvest a LOT of data on you and some sell it. They see every URL, they use "silent detections" which take files from your pc and scan them. They want to fingerprint any file of interest. (No wonder Kapersky has been accused of passing data to the Kremlin)]
They have access to everything, they are trusted due to history but nowadays they cannot be trusted. Cui bono.

I personally contacted a lot of antivirus software companies after finding a document by AV Comparatives on the privacy of AV apps and I found only two protect data, allow full opting out or simply don't collect it at all. They were Emsisoft and Ahnlab's offerings which are not officially sold in outside of South Korea.

I recently purchased a new phone, I looked into particular makes and models and found every single one has spyware in the guise of "user improvement programs". I actually busted and confronted Lenovo over their "reaper service" on my new tablet, within 2 days they had moved it and also added it to the desktop sync app. They told me that nobody had complained so it's all ok. The "feature" harvests name, address, gps coordinates, all recently used software and more and sends it unencrypted to Lenovo in Singapore. I found the file, changed the details, sent it, then blocked it. The file itself is not even encrypted on the device which is disgusting.

This crap is everywhere.

You have no privacy but that which you create and protect yourself. It is possible, unless you are actually targeted, then you stand no chance. Let's be real, most of us are of absolutely no interest to tptb, and that's a good thing.

Good luck, it's an uphill battle, but worth it. It can be done, you can be largely anonymous and on the grid.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

That's so not even close to true. Big data has long since been more than capable of building very good and comprehensive profiles from negative spaces aka a lack of data and or from attempts at obfuscation and misdirection to feed them false data through backing out the bad data by crosscheck and even more sophisticated means of your network of associates and associations!

See that's the thing is between big data, self optimizing algorithms and the like, (dumb AI as our German poster with the cool electronic bits in his avatar pic calls them) and the sheer abundance of unique data points you and everyone else inadvertently leave scattered around you really aren't keeping them from getting any information they want on you, and in a way you are actually making yourself an easier juicier and higher priority target.

Basically, the way you see it is a product of your painful ignorance, wishful thinking, and a tragically vast overestimation of your own intelligence.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

You bring up some fantastically awesome point about security software and service packages/providers being a massive purveyor of all this data etc about us to interested parties!

The security field right now is super frightening in that most of the stuff that's"reputable" and actually works to any degree doesn't actually work because they're either willingly selling etc your info and or being arm twisted by governments to hand it over at which point dirty collusion etc sees that data handed over to the people we don't want having it!

And the nonreputable, only marginally functional, small fish with truly good products, and outright criminal front stuff that makes up the rest of the market are all even worse than dealing with the bigs!

Like the duck says, the situation right now really is pretty disillusioning, disheartening, and discouraging in that there really isn't much we can do other than be aware of it and cognizant of our inability to do anything much effective to thwart it right now.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I know what you mean, bro.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I know what you mean, bro.

Righteous!! That's hallarious. I'm going to post that to Facebook right now!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

The only problem is... Somewhere you're going to give yourself up. I also use various blockers and in some cases (FB) double up on one or more.

Think of it this way.

At some point, you put your information out there. If you bought something online, your data is there, encrypted or not. Any temp files, everything you looked at via your browser, all of it gets stored on your HD. Now, lets say you clean your browser files every time you close the window... Doesn't matter. Those files have to be stored on your system to be able to view them even for a moment. By the time you delete them, it's likely too late.

Some blockers simply block what you're seeing but not always what's being recorded. Nearly all blockers themselves do not adhere to their own rules towards other sites. Let's take AdBlock for instance. It was discovered after all the hype that they themselves were harvesting the sites you go to even if they blocked other sites from getting your info. If you read the ToS, you will almost always find that you're giving them express permission to do these things but almost no one reads ToS. In a lot of cases, you'd have to be a lawyer to understand those terms of service, or damn near. You at least have to be well educated. There are many people who aren't.

Some people say, "I always read the ToS on everything". To that I say... Man, you must have a LOT of time on your hands. Most will click through it. I read an article not long ago where some company added some crazy stuff to their ToS legally binding the users to do something crazy. I forget... maybe something like give them all their property. It just showed that almost no one reads them.

But....

Let's just say that you have a zero internet footprint. For this to happen, you would have had to never touched a computer or cell phone. The moment you do, it builds a profile. The moment you add your CC... they got you. The moment you turn GPS on, they got you. There are those like wally world, that have ways of turning certain services on on your cell phone that will broadcast ads and get details of your phone. The moment you put any kind of identifier on any online device, from that moment on, your information goes to that profile that was already built for that anon user.

Ok.. So lets say you never owned a PC or Cell..

If you have a debit card.. almost everyone has to have one these days.. Every transaction you make with that card will go somewhere. There is a company that takes that information and sells it to corporations and companies like Facebook and Walmart. They got you again... Ever go to a store and buy something and suddenly it's being advertised on your social media or some webpage you visit later that day or the next? Happens a lot for me. Such random stuff too. I buy my music equipment often from American Musical. Since I started, I started seeing ads, right away, for American Musical, sometimes with the gear I already bought. Kind of backwards if you ask me.

All in all... We can try like hell to be anon but these days, it's an impossibility. Try as you might, you fail as soon as you begin. No one can win this fight. All we can do is demand laws that stop this. Germany is on the right track as is a few other countries. In the US? Hahaha hilarious. That'll happen... never! Politicians love money. They can't resist it, no matter how 'good' they believe themselves to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join