It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI deputy director McCabe steps down

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I took months of terminal leave when leaving the military. Official dole beats retirement dole, by far. Nothing better than getting paid on vacation before you retire, except cashing it all in at the end for a phat check. So, this is not the ideal situation for McCabe. My sense is that he was forced with strong suggestions and financial incentives

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Trump, like an old time dictator is purging anyone who can reveal his criminality

The country is in peril.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

RISCH: "He is good guy. I hope you can let this go." Now, those are his exact words, is that correct.

COMEY: Correct.

RISCH: You wrote them here and put them in quotes.

COMEY: Correct.

RISCH: Thank you for that. He did not direct you to let it go?

COMEY: Not in his words, no.

RISCH: He did not order you to let it go?

COMEY: Again, those words are not an order.

I'm not sure an order would have been unlawful, though it would have been disturbing to me. But it certainly doesn't sound like someone ordered Comey to cover up a crime...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Stepped Down Hoping he gets his Benefits I See . This Bastard Should be in Jail for the Crimes he HAS Committed Against the People of these United States . The Rule Of Law DEMANDS It !

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Its the medias job. And they will surely do their best

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Not so fast... Preservation request for McCabes communications.

edit on 29-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its the medias job. And they will surely do their best

The Media Can Go to Hell , a Simple Wish from a Simple Law Abiding American........Justice is Peeking Under the Blindfold Here......

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

We always knew this would be your claim when swamp draining commenced. It's a good angle, it's hard to tell the difference between a corruption purge and a dictator purge.

The difference so far is that a dictator usually has his enemies killed, he doesn't just force them to resign.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah I'm well aware he may have been forced to resign.

Everyone seems to think I'm defending McCabe or something. I'm just stating that he still technically resigned and is still employed and is still eligible to retire with full benefits. It says that right in the article you just linked to.

According to a Monday NBC News report, a source familiar with the situation said McCabe, 49, was “exercising his retirement eligibility” and that McCabe was “stepping aside.” McCabe will reportedly stay on government payroll until he is able to retire in with full benefits in March.

Being forced to resign may be the same as being fired to you and me, but for these big wigs there's a huge difference in that he gets to keep all his bells and whistles.

ETA: also I was responding to another poster's question about whether you get to keep your retirement benefits if you get fired. The answer to that question would likely be no, but that doesn't matter in this case because technically he didn't get fired. If that poster's concerned was that even with all this shady wrongdoing he's still gonna get his benefits, their concern is justified, because as of right now yes he's keeping all his benefits.

If McCabe tendered an official resignation , then no he IS NOT still employed by any employer . However , he is still eligible for accrued pension and retirement.
Clear that up for you ?
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Why do I see another "Samsung issue" on the horizon?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
MOfo was FIRED!

Good!

I don't want to pay his pension. Or whatever.

Just look at him. what a dweeb! he was only in it to meet girls.

Stupid #s.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I figured I would check and yup MSNhomepage is headlined he was pressured to quit!

Pressured yea by himself sheesh you can say he was pressured but it comes off they showed their side.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
NYT report: Wray was going TO DEMOTE McCabe after seeing IG investigation…

Here’s another possibly key detail about everything going on – it turns out McCabe decided to retire after FBI Director Wray told him he was going to demote him.

And he was going to do that because of something he saw in the IG investigation:

In a recent conversation, Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, raised concerns about a forthcoming inspector general report examining the actions of Mr. McCabe and other senior F.B.I. officials during the 2016 presidential campaign, when the bureau was investigating both Hillary Clinton’s email use and the Trump campaign’s connections to Russia. In that discussion, according to one former law enforcement official close to Mr. McCabe, Mr. Wray suggested moving Mr. McCabe into another job, which would have been a demotion.

Instead, McCabe chose to retire.

But what did Wray see in that report, and how is it related to the memo? Methinks we will soon find out.

ETA -
Man Democrats are breaking down all over the place. It is funny yet sad, all at the same time. Democrats coming out denouncing the release of the memo when they never read it.

and...

Joel Fischer
‏ @JFNYC1
2h2 hours ago

.@Acosta @jaketapper, can you please help me out I might be reading this wrong?

@CNN yesterday: Christopher Wray threatened to resign if Andrew McCabe is forced out of FBI.

@CNN today: Andrew McCabe forced out of FBI by Christopher Wray.

#FakeNewsCNN
56 replies 362 retweets 688 likes

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Man Democrats are breaking down all over the place. It is funny yet sad, all at the same time. Democrats coming out denouncing the release of the memo when they never read it.

Breaking down over what, more republican collusion and delusion, and I doubt this will be anything of substance

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Trump is the essence of the swamp...

Hes just a political criminal abusing his fleeting power

You people forget the FBI gave Trump the election

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Breaking down over what, more republican collusion and delusion, and I doubt this will be anything of substance

Yeah democrats are breaking down... just like you are doing by wildly making false claims that arent supported by fact.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You people forget the FBI gave Trump the election

Wait... What? I thought the Russians gave him that.
edit on 29-1-2018 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

if i was trump i would have had him under review by internal affairs for the apparent 700000$ bribe he seemed to have goten to say hilly was innocent

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah democrats are breaking down... just like you are doing by wildly making false claims that arent supported by fact.

Umm…that’s why already 33 republicans won’t run for office again

And who’s breaking down?

Maybe their embarrassed at the head of their party

As they say, the fish rots from the head down

edit on 29-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join