It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Plumbing Valves Found In 300 Million Year Old Pennsylvanian Sandstone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I just read this article today, about a museum in Texas, which has molded depressions of six man made objects, that were chiseled from "a layer of strata said to be 300 million years old." An old, Native American WWII vet, discovered these strange impressions and notified a person, who then contacted the curator of the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, Texas.

MY APOLOGIES FOR THE FUNKY APPEARANCE OF THIS THREAD. NO IDEA WHY THIS HAPPENED. TRIED TO FIX IT BEST I COULD

Curator Joe Taylor recently molded a series of depressions left by six strange objects that left behind impressions in hard Pennsylvanian sandstone – a layer of strata said to be 300 million years old. Read more at www.wnd.com...

The appearance of the objects is similar to modern plumbing valves, complete with hex-head nuts. The site of the discovery is within the tri-state area of Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri. Its precise location is being kept under wraps until a further investigation has concluded. Read more at www.wnd.com...

No one knows when the actual objects themselves, which made the depressions, were removed. Chisel marks are discernable at the small ends of the impressions, likely from someone prying the objects loose.

www.wnd.com...

Here's another article discussing this strange find:

Joe Taylor, founder of the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, Texas was contacted in Oct. 2017 by adventurer and researcher, Todd Jurasek. Jurasek and his friend Mike Sulivant found where 6 metal objects had been pulled out of hard sandstone in the Pennsylvanian strata and asked Taylor to come mold the impressions in place. It was in the bottom of a creek in a remote location near the Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas border where other strange man-made objects have been found in coal beds supposed to be hundreds of millions of years old.

mtblanco.com...

This curator doesn't believe that the sandstone is 300 million years old, because he's a creationist, who believes that God created human beings within the last 10,000 years or so.

“I’m part of a circle of friends,” Taylor said. “Guys who will invest our own time and money, when we have very little of it, to go do this kind of work. I call us the dirty hands creationists, the dirty hands paleontologists.”

“They were made by descendants of Adam within the last six thousand years. The biblical timeline says Adam was created six thousand years ago … and his descendant Tubal-cain began working with metal. At the time of Noah’s Flood, you’d had metal working for centuries.”
Read more at
www.wnd.com...

There have been many "artifacts" removed in the past, that many people say prove, that a technically advanced, modern civilization existed millions of years ago. Creationists argue that this is impossible and don't accept that scientific experiments, like radiocarbon dating is accurate. Back in 1912, a strange artifact was found embedded in a 300 million year old chunk of coal in the Municipal Electric Plant in Thomas, Oklahoma:

In 1997, there was the case of a 200 million year old "shoe" print discovered on Red Mountain in China.

One particular fossil dated 200 million years ago has a shoe print on it. The schoolteacher discovered the fossil on Red Mountain in Urumqi City in 1997. The shoe print is on a slate rock and measures approximately 10 inches. It is clearly a shoe print. On the heel portion of the shoe print, there is a prehistoric codfish fossil about five inches long.

The retired schoolteacher determined that it was a left shoe print based on the distribution of its weight on the slate rock. Scientists determined the age of the prehistoric codfish fossil to be 200 millions years of age. This means that men wore shoes at least 200 million years ago.

the-fringe.com...

What makes these artifact discoveries so perplexing, is that they prove that modern man existed WAY before evolution says they should. Some people scoff at these artifacts, saying that they're fake. However, many of these prints were found “inside” stratified deposits, where forgery is impossible, because the impressions were made at a time when the rock was soft enough to receive them by pressure. Many of these impressions were uncovered when rocks were being quarried. Here's an article that discusses a 250 million year old "size 13" shoeprint:

Millions of years ago, a man stepped onto a trilobite under his foot while strolling around. The man stopped in his tracks, scraping away the oval, hard-shelled creature, before continuing his journey. Little did he realize his footprint would be immortalized on the squashed trilobite! Flash forward to millions of years later, and in June 1968, this trilobite fossil with a human footprint was uncovered by American scientist William J. Meister while he was on his fossil-hunting expedition in Antelope Spring, 43 miles west of Delta, Utah.

When Meister split open a 2-foot-long slab of rock with his hammer, the rock fell apart, revealing a 10.25 inches long and 3.5 inches wide human foot impression on a crushed trilobite. The footprint was clearly imprinted on the fossil by a human who was wearing size-13 shoes. Dr. Melvin. A. Cook, a professor of metallurgy at the University of Utah, determined that the sandal print is real. “Quite obviously this footprint could not be the result of any carving, since, until found by Meister, it was covered by the strata above,” said Dr. Cook.

www.ntd.tv...

edit on 1/29/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jan 29 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

edit on 2-16-2018 by Springer because: images removed at the request of the Copyright Owner

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Another human shoe print was discovered in 1927, preserved on Triassic limestone, dated 225 million years ago:

Earlier on Jan. 25, 1927, amateur geologist Albert E. Knapp discovered a remarkable preserved “heel mark” made on Triassic limestone, dated 225 million years ago. Knapp spotted the fossil amongst some loose rocks when he was descending a small hill in the Fisher Canyon, Pershing County, Nevada.

The rock was later examined by an expert geologist at the Rockefeller Foundation. Minute crystals of sulphide of mercury collected from this “heel imprint” fossil confirmed the rock is undoubtedly limestone of the Triassic period.

Surprisingly, microphotographs showed that the age-old shoe-sole print bore a well-made leather stitched by a double row of stitches. The twists of the threads are clearly visible. This finding puzzled investigators as double-stitching done with such refined threading had not been implemented by shoemakers in 1927.

www.ntd.tv...
Creationists claim that these artifacts debunk Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, because it proves that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. They say “science” can not prove the age of the earth.

No scientific method can prove the age of the earth and the universe, and that includes the ones we have listed here. Although age indicators are called ‘clocks’ they aren’t, because all ages result from calculations that necessarily involve making assumptions about the past. Always the starting time of the ‘clock’ has to be assumed as well as the way in which the speed of the clock has varied over time. Further, it has to be assumed that the clock was never disturbed.

Science is based on observation, and the only reliable means of telling the age of anything is by the testimony of a reliable witness who observed the events. The Bible claims to be the communication of the only One who witnessed the events of Creation: the Creator himself. As such, the Bible is the only reliable means of knowing the age of the earth and the cosmos. See The Universe’s Birth Certificateand Biblical chronogenealogies (technical). In the end we believe that the Bible will stand vindicated and those who deny its testimony will be confounded

creation.com...
Creationists believe that a great flood actually took place and that Noah's ark did exist. They explain that coal is not really millions of years old, like most scientists believe. They instead believe coal is the same age as the great flood, which occurred a little over 4000 years ago.

For those who believe the Bible, the presence of such great quantities of buried vegetation is easily explained. It is consistent with the devastation of Noah’s Flood, which would have uprooted the entire pre-Flood biosphere and buried it with huge quantities of sand and mud.

However, geologists who do not believe the Bible base their explanations on a different philosophy. They are committed, from the outset, to explaining the evidence using what we see happening today. There has only ever been one global Flood, and according to the Bible it occurred some 4,300 years ago. Since it can’t be observed today, these geologists will not accept that it happened in the past. Thus, they try to explain everything by slow and gradual processes over millions of years.

creation.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Most scientists agree that the earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old and that dinosaurs became extinct roughly 65 million years ago. Fossil records also show that our early human ancestors originated in Africa about three million years ago. So how do we explain these strange artifacts? Since I’m not a creationist, I’m thinking these artifacts could be clues that a technically advanced civilization did exist more than 200 million years ago. Could this be proof that an extraterrestrial species, predating modern man, had a civilization on earth? Could they have genetically created modern man?

I also have no doubt that extraterrestrial species interfered in our evolution. All major ancient civilizations tell stories of aliens who came to Earth and taught them everything they knew (and they knew a lot; they were better than we are today in: astronomy and constructions and at least as good as we are in many other fields).

The Sumerians, Babylonians, Mayas, Incas, American Indians, Asian Indians, African tribes, Egyptians, the first Asians, etc., ALL have written or spoken history regarding extraterrestrials and their intervention in our evolution.

Even though these civilizations were so far apart from each other (in both time and space), their creation stories are strikingly similar. Our true history, which is not being taught in schools, is filled with accounts of extraterrestrials coming down to Earth and genetically upgrading us into a better species.

humansarefree.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh o
You are going to bend a few noses out of shape with those comments
Never suggest anything that doesn't run with the accepted evolutionary theme
Plenty of people don't like their faith questioned

All very interesting

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

MY APOLOGIES FOR THE FUNKY APPEARANCE OF THIS THREAD. NO IDEA WHY THIS HAPPENED. TRIED TO FIX IT BEST I COULD 

I think you may have put quotes within quotes within quotes...

Test 1

Test 2

Test 3

Test 4

Test 5[

Test 6
/exnews]

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Either these OOPARTS are genuine, or the dating of the stone is off. Which do you think is the more likely explanation?

link   

While these artifacts are anomalies, it is the hallmark of delusion to jump immediately to the earth is only 10000 years old.

link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Thanks...1st time this has ever happened to me. Must be sleeping with my eyes open.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

While these artifacts are anomalies, it is the hallmark of delusion to jump immediately to the earth is only 10000 years old.

If you read the opening post by author of the thread, it was said aliens
Oh, the poor evolutionist atheist,malready confused about what's happening

Funny, dating methods are that bad, do you really think that
Does that mean all dating methods are that bad?
It's a question

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

six man made objects, that were chiseled from "a layer of strata said to be 300 million years old.

The sand in the limestone might be that old, the secretions coating the fixtures were laid down in 'modern times' , too.

The look like bathroom fixtures alright, they aren't three hundred million years old though.

ETA:

old style urinal flush valve

edit on 29-1-2018 by intrptr because: image

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
OP source uses " WND " - a fake news site - and all backtracks end up at religious wingnut sites

and people wonder why i dont take them seriously

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Time Travellers maybe?
Who knows how fast and far our development of science and technology will go in the future?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Either these OOPARTS are genuine, or the dating of the stone is off. Which do you think is the more likely explanation?

I was thinking the stone is possibly dated wrong.

We need to consider that when planet x passes, it creates all the layers of strata we know each time. Forests are buried in moments, could This be be where coal comes from. I've seen it suggested that oil comes from the tail of Planet X And not Dino bones.

Its worth considering that these ooparts are old, but not that old, as in millions of years. Still amazing, although I could still accept that there were advanced civilizations dating back million and of years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The "shoe prints" are clearly pareidolia.

I would not be surprised if the "molded depressions of six man made objects" were made by the creationists themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Id believe alien theory over creationist babble any day. But honestly, it wasn't aliens. And there wasn't an advanced civilization 600 million years ago with plumbing that pretty much matches what we have today.

Geology dating methods are pretty damn accurate, and coincide with other dating methods. When you have parts of Africa and south America, in eastern Canada that match exact stratigrsphy in Africa and south America it makes you think doesn't it?

www.nrcresearchpress.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would have shunned this type of thing even a years ago but you know what the more I read of accounts such as "ancient" Gold mines being found thousands of feet deep with precise cutting being present and the number of miners and stories of people pulling artifacts from coal I am starting to believe that either we do not fully understand how quickly some processes can occur or there is something very different to what we accept as our history..

Decent if slightly long lecture about Gold mines in South Africa and possibly very old unknown civilization

Personally for me all bets are off that something is very different to what are told..

RA

edit on 29-1-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I should like to add to this conversation; Those who believe in the creation, (I do) and hey the truth is out there and it is in the scriptures and fossil record. This is not the only earth God has created, and this is not the only time the matter used to form this earth was used in one of His creations.
He keeps us blind to the many times He has made an Adam and a Eve so we, (His Children and purpose) don't get side tracked from the purpose of life. The scriptures are our reference to first know God created all, second He has an order to things and a line of authority, but mostly the scriptures lay the platform to who the Savior of mankind will be, is, and what to expect. Bottom line it is a record to show us we are not alone, we are part of a plan, and if we wish to see Him again, He has shown us how to live our lives, one with the other. We are trying to make a single time line from a buried record of many time lines. This information is laced within the writings of the patriarchs and prophets. It is easy to get lost or side tracked in the records of the adversary, and the left over myths of civilizations lost or fallen from original knowledge.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join