It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Plumbing Valves Found In 300 Million Year Old Pennsylvanian Sandstone?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm gonna be honest.

The images look like the decorative pieces that you put on the end of banners or curtains.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I imagine they have letters and markings on them.
They are likely not very old at all.

Clean them up and trace the markings to the forge they were made at.

PS: evolution is a scam to remove rights from humankind. This is why all giant skeletons are removed from the general public

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I imagine they have letters and markings on them.
They are likely not very old at all.

Clean them up and trace the markings to the forge they were made at.

PS: evolution is a scam to remove rights from humankind. This is why all giant skeletons are removed from the general public

Hmm. Giants. I ain't touching that one with a 10 foot pole.

What I always wonder is why most of the time people on both sides of the argument always seem to think that Creationism and Evolution are mutually exclusive.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why is it that some peoples' faith is so weak that they feel the need to embellish and distort things in order to find their "proof?"

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

and people wonder why i dont take them seriously
Strange to find someone such as yourself on a site such as ATS . You must be a busy person attacking the sources rather then applying your great wisdom to explain these contradictory explanations . I guess the easy way out for you is to just bash the source ...great work

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Of course no one is going to give further thought to these findings.....

It goes against what we are taught in the history books!

Look at Egypt. Burial chambers have been found within and underneath, with massive rooms, corridors, etc, backing up the claim that a "Hall of Records" is within, made by an ancient civilization predating all known civilizations. BOOM, government issues a shush order, seals over the entrances, and denies everything due to "National security reasons." Not to mention, the 20,000yrs of water erosion on the sphinx itself goes against all history books and "consensus". (Consensus is just another word for 'purchased belief').

Batteries are found that predate all modern technology in the middle east, cutting tools, cave paintings, etc., all point to there being highly evolved, technologically capable ancient civilizations on Earth that not only predate our current notion of "ancient civilizations", but are backed up (in my opinion) by the refusal of historians to consider these findings, the refusal of science to acknowledge anything other than their own religious belief in evolution and fossil record, and the actions of governments to quiet, contain, destroy, and deny access and deny information regarding certain findings.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

While I think much of what you just said could well be true, I’m going to say the valves claimed to be 300 million years old in the OP are fake. That doesn’t mean I believe all ooparts are fake though...

I find it odd that the valves were supposedly chiselled out of the sandstone yet the relatively soft sandstone was not damaged in the process. Also the casting shows the valves are lined up as if placed there and are only half buried within the sandstone, when they should have been fully encased in the stone. I think they are in fact carvings in the stone. On top of that the curator is a creationist who believes the earth is only 10,000 years old.

I have learned something though, until this thread I thought I was a creationist, turns out I just believe in god and none of the rest of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Exactly...either the scientists who developed and use radiocarbon dating techniques are con men, or the sandstone, limestone, or coal that these artifacts are found in, are, in fact, hundreds of millions of years old. Some of these artifacts are encased in material millions of years old. How can this be faked? Pareidolia? Sorry, but most of these "footprints" do look like shoeprints, furthermore, the pair of footprints that William J. Meister discovered in Antelope Spring, are completely identical to each other. How does pareidolia explain this statement?

microphotographs showed that the age-old shoe-sole print bore a well-made leather stitched by a double row of stitches. The twists of the threads are clearly visible. This finding puzzled investigators as double-stitching done with such refined threading had not been implemented by shoemakers in 1927.

Personally, I could care less if a person believes in creationism or believes in evolutionism. The fact is there is evidence that these are not just "anomolies", but genuine artifacts, that predate the emergence of modern man. There are many articles and video clips that discuss this topic, that are not a "fake news site" or written by "religious wingnuts."

Of all the articles I read today, this author sums it up best:

One couldn’t get more opposing beliefs if one tried, and both camps adhere to their beliefs voraciously, and with unshakable fervour. Yet neither are based on any kind of factual or hard evidence.

The reality is that the origin of the human race is a total enigma. No one, anywhere, actually knows how old humanity is or how and where it originated. It is a complete mystery. Yet from birth one is indoctrinated into one or the other of the above factions, with no questions asked or alternative opinions allowed.

Personally, I don’t belong to either camp. I keep an open mind regarding our origins. I don’t have any particular “philosophy” on the subject but rather prefer to adapt my understanding as new evidence becomes available. My only current belief based upon all of the available facts to date is that the human race has inhabited this planet for millions of years longer than is presently accepted.

www.apparentlyapparel.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
-A temporal vortex caused, from our perspective, a near instant fossilization and rock formation.

-In today's modern world, our consciousness is globally connected, keeping us all "tethered"to the same timeline and timespeed... in ancient times, it was not like this.

-In ancient times, drugs were not the taboo they are today, this allowed for some unprecedented creativity and these advancements were able to be made, sewing machines, modern plumbing and the machining that it entails... However these were secrets kept to the royals and priest class, as they were envisioned during the priests drug fueled rituals, and reports delivered to the king, whos engineers made use of the information. Today we can find these few examples of sporadic advancement which sadly never took hold in the population due to secrecy. Many of these secrets, gave the user untold power, such as the invention of certain types of explosives and toxic substances...this is what led to prohibition in our modern age, the occult elite wanted to continue to keep the secrets to themselves.

-Aliens

-Some other time or space related anomaly, such as interdimensional wormholes, time travel by some natural process etc..

-Tesla (Hey, hes been blamed for things such as Tunguska, and if Im not mistaken, he himself claimed he could split the Earth in half if he so wished, so, I figure its fair. One of his experiments couldve made everything go all "wonky". You fill in the rest... The only problem I have here is it implies that Tesla made a miscalculation... I'm pretty sure that's Not one of his many capabilities.

-God did it. Because why the # not. He's God, He does what He wants. No further explanation required.

-Black Project. Either intentional or unintentional. They could've goofed around with tech they didnt fully understand? Or it's a PsyOp designed to make us confused about what to believe, or any number of purposes.

-Or, maybe its all hoaxed.

edit on 1/29/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Unreal. At the 0:27 mark, I see the front idler wheel of a bulldozer along with the undercarriage frame......

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Pangaea was a supercontinent that existed during the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic eras.[2][3] It assembled from earlier continental units approximately 335 million years ago, and it began to break apart about 175 million years ago.[4] In contrast to the present Earth and its distribution of continental mass, much of Pangaea was in the southern hemisphere and surrounded by a superocean.

When you think about the kinds of change the Earth has gone through, 99.9999% of any past history is ground to dust from the shifting tectonic plates and subversion. Most populations lived near the coasts, which are now hundreds of miles out and under the sea. Imagine all of the OOPPARTS that exist there, that we will never find.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Yah time travelers with no way of getting back. They probably took enough tools/gear with them to set up a colony or something.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I found this faucet handle on Mars, so I guess it's possible:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: ignorant_ape

and people wonder why i dont take them seriously
Strange to find someone such as yourself on a site such as ATS . You must be a busy person attacking the sources rather then applying your great wisdom to explain these contradictory explanations . I guess the easy way out for you is to just bash the source ...great work

See, Ignorant Ape KNOWS that source.
Anyone that's been around ATS knows that source.
It's a bad source.
Get over it.

Harte

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This is not a footprint nor are the others, they are pseudofossils.
The one above is clearly a concretion, a rock... But I guess some people will believe anything.

For people who are interested in actually reading information with lots of references....
www.geology.arkansas.gov...
paleo.cc...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In reply to this:

I also have no doubt that extraterrestrial species interfered in our evolution

Even the Holy Bible speaks of this very event taking place in Genesis chapter 6. So, as a Christian, I have no problem believing this premise. Matter of fact, I have to believe it as the scriptures show this did happen (as well as most all ancient cultures saying the same thing).

The wild thing is, the Bible gives prophecies that these extraterrestrials will return in the last days and once again increase our technology and other things. But, just like when "they" came the first time, destruction on a planetary scale follows shortly thereafter. Noah's flood was the punishment before, Armageddon (the Apocalypse, Ragnarok, etc) will be the punishment in the future.

All Hollywood knows this.....as well as politicians. This is also the purpose of the global warming/climate change motivation; to explain away the future world wide cataclysm.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

All sources can have true and false articles in them. Its impossible to be 100% correct on big web sites with multiple writers. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water bro, calm down and don't be so triggered.

Besides, WND is not the source for pity's sake, they just reported on the people who made the discoveries. Go direxctly to the discoverers if you want to validate, or invalidate this find, don't just keyboard hero attack the web site that some of this info appeared on.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonarchofBooks1611
a reply to: Harte

All sources can have true and false articles in them. Its impossible to be 100% correct on big web sites with multiple writers. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water bro, calm down and don't be so triggered.

Besides, WND is not the source for pity's sake, they just reported on the people who made the discoveries. Go direxctly to the discoverers if you want to validate, or invalidate this find, don't just keyboard hero attack the web site that some of this info appeared on.

Except that site is a known source of hoaxed claims.
"Known" means known.

There was a time here at ATS when you couldn't even link them. Not sure when that ended - so don't be surprised to see your link removed, or this thread put in the hoax bin.

Harte

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Threads like this make me

At first glance it appears an interesting topic. but that is soon sullied by the "god did it" folk.

As said above "In fact I have to believe it because scripture said it happened" and that's the extent of it all. Words written by men less than 2000 years ago is all the proof required.

We should be so much better as a species. But, if it turns out there is a god, well, he did a really bang up job with us, didn't he. You'd think the perfect being would take more pride in his work.

edit on 29-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Threads like this make me

At first glance it appears an interesting topic. but that is soon sullied by the "god did it" folk.

As said above "In fact I have to believe it because scripture said it happened" and that's the extent of it all. Words written by men less than 2000 years ago is all the proof required.

We should be so much better as a species. But, if it turns out there is a god, well, he did a really bang up job with us, didn't he. You'd think the perfect being would take more pride in his work.

Funny, God gave you free will, what have you done with it?
Bang up job I bet

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join