It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add FedEx and Home Depot to the list of who are trickling down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well apparently, another left wing jingoism is biting the dust.

The list of Corporations giving back to employees due to the corporate tax cuts continues to grow.

Trickle down does exist. Of course, the left is saying it isn't much and doesn't go very far. Try comparing what the left was giving to those on gov't assistance programs. It makes 'trickle down' look like a torrent in comparison.

www.breitbart.com... ocial

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Meanwhile, leftist States that tax the crap out of their citizens already are trying to sue to get the new Tax Bill thrown out.
I'm sure that will go over well with voters.

3 Northeast states to sue feds over GOP's tax overhaul plan

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"FedEx revealed in its statement that it will spend more than $200 million in increased compensation"

Fedex employs 400,000 people. that's an average of $500 per head.

Which hey, an extra 500 bucks isn't to be sniffed at. But do you think it will be evenly distributed across everybody who works there? Or will the guys at the top get more, while the guys at the bottom get less?

Meanwhile, how's that national debt looking?
edit on -06:00am13131America/ChicagoSat, 27 Jan 2018 07:13:51 -060026 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Meanwhile, leftist States that tax the crap out of their citizens already are trying to sue to get the new Tax Bill thrown out.
I'm sure that will go over well with voters.

3 Northeast states to sue feds over GOP's tax overhaul plan

I wasn't aware of that. I knew California was looking at taxing companies for the difference the Federal tax cuts would save them. Their choice, I guess.

States suing for to block a Federal tax cut? Good luck with that.

The number of companies opting for this move is going to open the door for questioning why others who haven't made similar moves aren't doing so.

The newly claimed 'international companies'. Ford, GM and the like. If Fiat-Chrysler can, one would think the so-called American based Corporations can, as well.

A definite PR flap in the making for those that fall into the other camp....

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Also will this be repeated year on year or just while it's a hot topic.

Scary and rising
www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

All of those monies are taxable income. The debt will take a while. Personally, I'd rather see debt growth increasing jobs than debt growth in insufficient programs that do nothing to increase private sector jobs.

But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The debt looks the same as it did when Dems were in charge. Nothing changes if nothing changes. We're never going to get out of this debt. There are to many stupid people on both sides of the aisle.
Fed Ex is contributing another 1.5 billion into employees pensions. If I worked for Fed Ex that would make me happy.

edit on 27-1-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: To early in the morning

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Dems had 8 years to reduce the debt, but instead doubled it with ZERO help to the working class.

In just couple of months the tax cut has helped more Americans than anything Obama did in 8 years.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

All I heard during the Obama administration was how doubling the national debt didn't matter, and that if you were concerned with our debt load, you didn't understand economics.

Now suddenly they are fiscally conservative (except for reducing spending, of course).

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Went from $10 to $18 trillion under Obama. That will be hard to top.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The democrats are showing that they are against tax cuts.

*shrugs*

No big surprise there.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I attribute the increased business confidence to President Trump and his attitude more that his policies. We needed a strong pro USA leader.

I run a small cooperation, about 60 full time employees, and confidence is high. Business looks good for the next few years. In my area construction is on an up swing, at the highest levels since 2008. The orders for infer structure upgrades are way up. We are hanging more fiber, and selling more generators than ever before.

It looks like my company will have more money for pay raises this year. With stronger sales and the easing of the AHA and tax cuts my people can expect a nice increase with out getting into my personal pocket. I call that a win, win, win for everyone.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They're against people doing well under Trump.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

His policies reflect his attitude, one would think.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Is Fed Ex or Home Depot going to reduce prices to the consumer for goods and services? Is the gubmet going to decrease sales tax any, at all?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, they won't reduce price, why would they.

(post by intrptr removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: DBCowboy

They're against people doing well under Trump.

They're against people doing well.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Which would go to their business, i.e. wages. Or are you expecting them to pay more and lower prices, and why would that make sense?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Is Fed Ex or Home Depot going to reduce prices to the consumer for goods and services? Is the gubmet going to decrease sales tax any, at all?

No.

And "giving" raises and bonuses to employees make these corps less competitive. That is what we were told that the corporate taxes did, make these corps less competitive.

This very may be a news cycle gimmick, we will see if next year these corps are so giving, because the tax savings will continue for years and years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join