It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King Admits Horse Meat In Their Burgers - Legal in USA - 'We ate some'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Lots of countries eat horse.
The way I understand it, horse meat is expensive
When I was in Sweden my Swedish bro hosts bought horse sausage as part of bbq.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And it was delicious.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Sometimes I do but why not, it’s just a burger substitute, a little healthier

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
the whole "horse meat bad" thing is just a cultural and personal preference thing. there is nothing wrong with eating it. just as there is nothing actually wrong with eating dogs or cats. personally i will not eat fish (other than tuna which i can tolerate), or dogs and cats. seriously seafood just like things such as liver, kidney, gizzards, and things like balut are just gross to me. i will even start feeling sick if i find out i have been eating (or to be honest if i think i might have) that type of stuff. on the other hand i love standard food animals like cows, chickens, turkeys, pigs, and the like. as well as things like squirrel, gator, bison and other meats.

< cough > Not telling you my chicken broth recipe then. Whole fam damily practically chugged it out of the stock pot for years, marveling over it's richness til I shot myself in the foot & revealed the secret ingredients. Wasn't the bones & remnant meat bits that made it rich They got over it, though. The boycott on Mom's Broth was short-lived.

You also mentioned cat & dogs there, and yeah, I probably ate one or the other (if not both) at some point living in Korea. I know damn well they eat dog, or at least did in the mid-90's when I was there. We bought our dog there at a meat market. The butcher was looking at my mom like "Dafuq, lady??" when she flipped her crap when he went to prep his tools when she asked for the dog, he thought she was buying dinner. Funny thing is, she was dense enough to think he was a breeder of the pet dog variety. Not so. My dad laughed his ass off after he got home from work that night XD

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

And?

It's better the filthy owners of old horses the cast of because they have no use - at least do not to go on horrific trailer rides to Canada or Mexico.

Horse meat is better for you than beef any day, and, no more suffering for the discarded.

It's the best of two evils.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Willtell

Why not just eat veggies as veggies why do you have to form it into a burger?

Sometimes we vegetarians still crave the texture or taste of meat, cheeseburgers, etc. That's why there are so many vegetarian fake meat brands out there. Not all vegetarians are repulsed by the idea of eating or smelling cooked flesh.

My typical healthy meals can have any combination of the following: steamed carrots, brown rice & pinto beans, stewed tomatoes, baked sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, corn bread, steamed apples, various no-meat pastas, etc. And sometimes I crave junk food, like french fries, cheese pizzas, ice cream, etc. But sometimes I still crave chicken strips, a hamburger, or the such. Nothing strange about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Still better than Hardee's newest promotion...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I remember when a local restaurant was found to be serving horsemeat. That was years ago, their burgers were really good burgers before they quit horsing around.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Willtell

Why not just eat veggies as veggies why do you have to form it into a burger?

Sometimes we vegetarians still crave the texture or taste of meat, cheeseburgers, etc. That's why there are so many vegetarian fake meat brands out there. Not all vegetarians are repulsed by the idea of eating or smelling cooked flesh.

My typical healthy meals can have any combination of the following: steamed carrots, brown rice & pinto beans, stewed tomatoes, baked sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, corn bread, steamed apples, various no-meat pastas, etc. And sometimes I crave junk food, like french fries, cheese pizzas, ice cream, etc. But sometimes I still crave chicken strips, a hamburger, or the such. Nothing strange about it.

I feel so sorry for your loss. Maybe you should have a Wake at Burger King.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I just got to the end of this thread and what comes on tv? A Burger King commercial.
I haven't eaten at Burger King in a long time. I think it might become a lot longer. I'm wondering if the local Burger King served horse burgers. They tasted ok the last time I ate some. I'd like to think I'm eating beef,not horse.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: generik
the whole "horse meat bad" thing is just a cultural and personal preference thing. there is nothing wrong with eating it. just as there is nothing actually wrong with eating dogs or cats. personally i will not eat fish (other than tuna which i can tolerate), or dogs and cats. seriously seafood just like things such as liver, kidney, gizzards, and things like balut are just gross to me. i will even start feeling sick if i find out i have been eating (or to be honest if i think i might have) that type of stuff. on the other hand i love standard food animals like cows, chickens, turkeys, pigs, and the like. as well as things like squirrel, gator, bison and other meats.

< cough > Not telling you my chicken broth recipe then. Whole fam damily practically chugged it out of the stock pot for years, marveling over it's richness til I shot myself in the foot & revealed the secret ingredients. Wasn't the bones & remnant meat bits that made it rich They got over it, though. The boycott on Mom's Broth was short-lived.

You also mentioned cat & dogs there, and yeah, I probably ate one or the other (if not both) at some point living in Korea. I know damn well they eat dog, or at least did in the mid-90's when I was there. We bought our dog there at a meat market. The butcher was looking at my mom like "Dafuq, lady??" when she flipped her crap when he went to prep his tools when she asked for the dog, he thought she was buying dinner. Funny thing is, she was dense enough to think he was a breeder of the pet dog variety. Not so. My dad laughed his ass off after he got home from work that night XD

Part of the reason people are getting sicker is because we no longer eat innards, organs and lots of bone broths, these foods have been part of human diet for thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: watchitburn

So what?
They still taste good. What's wrong with horse meat?
Why are you discriminating against horses?

Also, name one religion that forbids eating horses.

I don't have anything against eating horse, per se but...

I have horses and I will say that a lot of the vaccinations and dewormers we give them on the regular say right on them DO NOT USE ON ANIMALS INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION (in big capital letters like that).

Sooo....

I promise you, the stuff they inject into and feed cattle is worse- because it's cheaper.

horse meat makes more sense- you can work a horse, you can ride a horse. a horse can give your family years of service before it becomes meat. cattle can't do # all.
our species didn't become the predominant planet destroyers we are by protecting animal rights... what kind of spoiled piece of # gets offended when their food was too useful before it became food?

if anything, we should be up in arms about beef. what an awful industry- at least horses get to work before they die. they're practically built for it.
you think cows enjoy living in cages, feeding on corn, and being pumped full of hormones so they produce more profitable milk?

go outside and work for a day. it feels good.
cubicle life is the human version of cattle- horses work for a living. who suffers less?

edit on 21-1-2018 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
Why aren't US/UK restaurants required to disclaim 'may contain xxxx meat'? So much for 100% beef!

In the UK restaurants are required to sell the food described. If they say a "beef steak" then it is required to come from cattle. If restaurants purposely sell the wrong thing then they face prosecution.

There was a scandal a couple of years ago in the UK where horse meat had entered the food-chain and was criminally sold as something else. People were arrested and chucked in prison. At that time (2013) Burger King admitted that horse meat had entered their processing having purchased carcasses that had been criminally sold as beef. MacDonalds on the other hand were squeaky clean, if I recall. Other companies were also found to have sold food with traces of horse meat.

In the UK meat is traceable. This is why animals are tagged. It's highly regulated in the UK, but if you buy some cheap sausage from some dodgy cafe who knows what you are eating!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm sure there are lots of things in the foods we eat that it's best not knowing about.
As long as it's not hurting anyone I don't see the problem. The only fast food I eat is KFC. I haven't touched a Burger King for years.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Leaving good meat to go to waste us not good for the environment.
I'm all for putting any meat in fast food, cat dog donkey anything. As long as it is dead not been killed for the meat and isn't all mangy.
I'm on the bench for soylent green but we will see.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I promise you, the stuff they inject into and feed cattle is worse- because it's cheaper.

I promise you, you dont know what youre talking about. Domesticated and "food cultivated" animals have totally different injections. (not saying they are HEALTHY or good, but totally different as far as what happens on the meat consumed)

horse meat makes more sense- you can work a horse, you can ride a horse. a horse can give your family years of service before it becomes meat. cattle can't do # all. our species didn't become the predominant planet destroyers we are by protecting animal rights... what kind of spoiled piece of # gets offended when their food was too useful before it became food?

Thats not how it works, eating something thats been exercised, moved, and continuously made to work has a totally different flavor and texture, making it tough and inedible
Again another reason why people who have no idea how farming and cultivating food should probably just not chime in unless they have a bit of education.

if anything, we should be up in arms about beef. what an awful industry- at least horses get to work before they die. they're practically built for it. you think cows enjoy living in cages, feeding on corn, and being pumped full of hormones so they produce more profitable milk?

Again, ignorance.

go outside and work for a day. it feels good. cubicle life is the human version of cattle- horses work for a living. who suffers less?

Its the version of cattle, yes, you wouldnt want to eat cattle that have been worked constantly , it would be tough, and inedible.

You people really need to learn, how/why your food is processed the way it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Leaving good meat to go to waste us not good for the environment.
I'm all for putting any meat in fast food, cat dog donkey anything. As long as it is dead not been killed for the meat and isn't all mangy.
I'm on the bench for soylent green but we will see.

So what should it be killed for if youre eating it?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Burger King I imagine is much like the Hungry Jacks franchise in Aussie. I can tell you if horse appeared in their meat here then they may as well close up shop'

Not accepted eating here. They also advertise their meat is 100 percent beef.

And yes I have never tasted horse. Shot a few in dire circumstances in the past but the carcasses were just buried.

But I like kangaroo. wallaby, goanna, bush turkey, snake, croc and very fond of emu. Horses for courses perhaps.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

is it ???

i always thought it was a contraction of " aberdeen angus " - the variety of beef cattle that origionated in scotland

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So what?
They still taste good. What's wrong with horse meat?
Why are you discriminating against horses?

Also, name one religion that forbids eating horses.

Because being sold one product that's claims it's 100% beef when in fact it's not is illegal in Europe.

Consumer protection laws are a good thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join