It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King Admits Horse Meat In Their Burgers - Legal in USA - 'We ate some'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: rickymouse

Kind of. I used to take a specific supplement that had an extreme amount (literally more than 30 days RDA per pill). The body won't absorb such a ridiculous amount, but regular supplementation can dramatically boost the body's B12 reserves.

However, those pills made me feel funny. Itchy skin, hot flashes, and a weird twitching energy, as if I'd taken a huge dose of caffeine that only kicked in sporadically. So I started only taking them for a few days a month.

Now, I don't take them at all. I get my B12 from dairy products, unfertilized eggs, fortified breads/cereals, etc. In fact, a lot of vegan and vegetarian processed products have B12 added to them, like my chocolate soy milk and some of those fake meat products. (note: B12 is synthesized by bacteria, not the meat sources it's usually associated with.)

Certain types of microbes produce B12. You are right. Cyanocobalamin is not actually a natural form of B12, some people cannot convert it properly to an active form used by our bodies. You can get good b12 from your garden, the bacteria creating it lives there and deposit it on the peel of that carrot....the peel most people discard. Also, modern agriculture using pesticides destroys the soil bacteria that assemble the cobalamin into a form we can use. Bacteria and fungus also make elastin fiber proteins, animals cannot make it unless the proper microbes are in the guts or rumen. The food the cows eat actually reduce elastin fiber in grain fed beef, this makes the beef really tender, and our muscles and arteries and heart can become deficient making us less strong. Very few people can process elastins in their metabolics, there are some that live symbiotically with the bacteria that make elastins, like staphylocaucus and E-choli. These people will naturally have stronger muscles. But, along with that, too much elastin can cause problems of it's own, the heart gets too rubbery and that can cause problems too.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Burger King Admits Horse Meat In Their Burgers - Legal in USA - 'We ate some'

Glad I don't eat at Bk.

I prefer the mystery meat in MCD Mcnuggets.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I ain't going for no horse me bros...Burger King wont see me again!

Subway is whats happening

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There might be some meat in all that pressed cartilage and skins.

No pre-made meal contains pure meat, they are getting good at faking the texture/grain of actual meat

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's Burger King...
What do you expect?
We should be lucky the meat is actually from a 4 legged animal in general. Could be earthworms.
*shrug*

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Jesus what is wrong with everyone. Food is food whether you like it or not, this picky bull*hit brigade is just totally a waste to this universe.

If you was starving you would eat anything, so would anyone. So horse meat or horse di*k whatever it is. It is food and food should be eaten regardless of what it is. If you have preference fine but jesus, so self righteous nut jobs we have these days.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"You want extra horse in your burger?"
"Neigh!"

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
eh. horsemeat doesn't bother me. I'd try it.

I love kangaroo meat. it's one of the tastiest red meats ive ever had. makes great steak, sausage, bolognese, really awesome burgers.

rattlesnake tastes like pulled pork. not bad tasting either.

although I didn't personally enjoy it. scorpion tastes exactly like shrimp.
edit on 23-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
eh. horsemeat doesn't bother me. I'd try it.

I haven't feasted on the flesh of all of God's creatures, but in general I would say that most can be made palatable with proper preparation and a good sauce.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They use Morningstar Farms patties. They are microwaved, no contact with or cooked in meat grease.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So what?
They still taste good. What's wrong with horse meat?
Why are you discriminating against horses?

Also, name one religion that forbids eating horses.

Shatnerology.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The horse meat isnt the problem. The source is. Horses get all sorts of injections that make some horses unsuitable for consumption.

edit on 1 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join