It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4500 yr old Metal Work

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"More than 4,000 years ago builders carved out the entire surface of a naturally pyramid-shaped promontory on the Greek island of Keros."

Source:

www.theguardian.com...

This just always interests me. I have often thought the ancient world was more advanced than we are taught now a days. As much as I want to believe in ancient aliens, I just can't. Humans are ingenious, we can adapt and overcome when we put our minds to it!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

This is awesome stuff--"Forged in Fire" has become a new obsession of mine, and I really loved working with metal back in my sculpture classes in art school.

That mold for the spear tips is a really cool find...thanks for sharing this!

ETA: And yes, I also believe that our current belief system surround the capabilities of ancient man are very flawed and insulting.
edit on 18-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thats really cool, and it says most of the food and ore was imported, meaning its more of a centralised authority? Probably some trade hub or control centre given the location

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????< br />
Mind blown. I've never heard of this before. WHY?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

www.livescience.com...

Nice to see that history changes! I love when more questions come from not accepting answers!

Does anybody else think that pyramids were the Pre-G network of yesteryear like I do?
edit on 18-1-2018 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Thanks. That was the info I was looking for. I knew there were islands in the Aegean that built step pyramids. Thira (Santorini) also being one of them, but alas, the volcano would have destroyed them. So the closest step pyramid to Thira would have been the southern tip of the larger sunken island of Atlas off Keros.

ATLAS ISLAND: Mesolithic coastline at approximately minus -90 meters below present.

The greater island of Atlas (includes Keros, Ios, Iraklia, Koufonissia, Naxos and Paros) would habe been colonized by boat groups during the Mesolithic. That's when you find the first inhabitants of the Cyclades islands, like Kea, Milos and others.

Most of the artifacts from the Keros site date to 2300-2800 BCE. That would put the coast at about minus -35 meters below present (the mesolithic coast is at minus -90 meters).

Just a note. That's also the timeframe when Egypt had a foreign pharoah who was Greek, who built step pyramids. Also, this is the group that most likely brought step pyramid architecture to their colonies on Sicily (more so Milos-Thira group).

Thanks for the links.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

www.livescience.com...

Nice to see that history changes! I love when more questions come from not accepting answers!

In what way does this change history?
Copper weapons are known from as far back as 5,000 years before this site.

Harte

join