It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4500 yr old Metal Work

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"More than 4,000 years ago builders carved out the entire surface of a naturally pyramid-shaped promontory on the Greek island of Keros."

Source:

www.theguardian.com...

This just always interests me. I have often thought the ancient world was more advanced than we are taught now a days. As much as I want to believe in ancient aliens, I just can't. Humans are ingenious, we can adapt and overcome when we put our minds to it!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

This is awesome stuff--"Forged in Fire" has become a new obsession of mine, and I really loved working with metal back in my sculpture classes in art school.

That mold for the spear tips is a really cool find...thanks for sharing this!

ETA: And yes, I also believe that our current belief system surround the capabilities of ancient man are very flawed and insulting.
edit on 18-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thats really cool, and it says most of the food and ore was imported, meaning its more of a centralised authority? Probably some trade hub or control centre given the location

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????< br />
Mind blown. I've never heard of this before. WHY?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

www.livescience.com...

Nice to see that history changes! I love when more questions come from not accepting answers!

Does anybody else think that pyramids were the Pre-G network of yesteryear like I do?
edit on 18-1-2018 by ttobban because: spelling

top topics

join