It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North, South Korea to march together under one flag at Winter Olympics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nwtrucker

This 'could' be a good thing. BUT, the real bottom line is ICBM development and tests. If NK continues it's tests, then nothing has changed,

Nuclear deterrence works. US has never directly attacked a country with nuclear weapons...

That is true.

Equally true is nuclear proliferation will be the end of this race and planet. Pick your poison. I've picked mine.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: avgguy

North and South Korean athletes will march together at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony under a unified flag, the South said Wednesday, in a diplomatic breakthrough following days of talks between the two countries.

They will also field a joint North and South Korean women's ice hockey team for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, which begin early next month, South Korea's Unification Ministry said.

North, South Korea to march together under one flag at Winter Olympics

This is uuuuuuuge. Choo chooo.

But everybody said Trump tweets made little Kim angry... this must be wrong.

Don't fool yourself mate... this is a purely policitalized agreement, which totally underminds the US governments hardline policy againts NoKo... either way you look at it.

South Korea are prepard to play nice because they want to ensure the winter olympics go off without a hitch (no ballistic missile tests, for example)... and North Korea's motivation is to simply put a wedge between South Korea and the US.

If it was a game of poker, then Kim Jong Un has played his bluff like a master and made Trump look like his just all bark with no bite...

On another note though... I do kind of feel sorry for the only 2 athletes that qualified for North Korea. Talk about being under pressure to be at the top of their game... if they do end up competing.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: odzeandennz
tomorrow mornings tweet by our potus: "i am taking credit for these two countries marching together "

this isn't the first time the two Koreas consolidated their initiatives for the sake of world sports competition.

*Shrug* Every president since 1776 has routinely taken credit for any good thing that happened under their watch. It only bothers you because it's Trump. Of course, the president also gets blamed for every bad thing that happens, regardless of whether it was his fault or not.

It's kinda hard for him to claim credit for this, because they DO do it once in a while on their own. Kind of like neighborhood arch rival kids who end up playing street hockey on the same team together. If they like/want something bad enough, they'll swallow pride and deal. NK & SK has done so in the past, now they're doing it again.

Again, this is NOT the first Olympic games they've marched under a unified flag, I believe they've done this at least 3 prior times.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: intrptr
Pakistan has nukes. We routinely droned their population and conducted an unsanctioned operation right under their noses. I guess they got tired of that though.

We still drone strike in pakistan. The targets aren't Pakistani, they are Taliban. We are not trying to regime change Pakistan, they are tired of America too, like you said.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

This 'could' be a good thing. BUT, the real bottom line is ICBM development and tests. If NK continues it's tests, then nothing has changed,

Nuclear deterrence works. US has never directly attacked a country with nuclear weapons...

That is true.

Equally true is nuclear proliferation will be the end of this race and planet. Pick your poison. I've picked mine.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

That is true.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, sorry.

Neither am I.....and I'm not sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's seems from this and other recent stories that the Koreans on both sides want to consolidate the nation as one people. Unfortunately they both have different views on how to do so, and I'm suspect that the North is using this a propaganda to futher the idea that North Korea is the happiest nation on earth.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nuclear deterrence works. US has never directly attacked a country with nuclear weapons..

Huh?

Japan would beg to differ....
(I blame the schools today....)

Which is EXACTLY why it works...because we are still the only nation that has USED them in war...so call our bluff at your own peril. THAT is true deterrence.

edit on 19-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It still amazes me how the falsehoods of the Cold War and 80's movies are still thought of as absolute fact regarding nuclear warfare. It's almost as if everyone has conspired to maintain these falsehoods.

It isn't nearly the extinction event many people think it to be, even all out nuclear warfare.

Would it reset global civilization? Sure. But there would be large populations of survivors, and large pockets untouched by the warfare (yes, even in the continental US, etc.). Nor would it do much to the planet. The Earth would shake us off like a bad case of fleas. Oh, it may take some years for the hardest hit areas, but decades later, you'd never know it.

Just take a look at the two civilian centers actually HIT with an A-bomb...then and now.
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 19-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

And all DURING Trump's Presidency weird.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join