It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North, South Korea to march together under one flag at Winter Olympics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

North and South Korean athletes will march together at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony under a unified flag, the South said Wednesday, in a diplomatic breakthrough following days of talks between the two countries.

They will also field a joint North and South Korean women's ice hockey team for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, which begin early next month, South Korea's Unification Ministry said.

This is uuuuuuuge. Choo chooo.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
I see from the article that the flag has been used before, most recently at the 2006 Winter Games.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
That's a hopeful sign.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Oh Blahzay.

We just can't stand it when peace breaks out.

Meanwhile in the West, false alarm nuke attacks are scheduled in more Pacific Island nations.

The need just arose to outshout the peace talks between the Koreas .

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
tomorrow mornings tweet by our potus: "i am taking credit for these two countries marching together "

this isn't the first time the two Koreas consolidated their initiatives for the sake of world sports competition.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
oh man, no way man.....really ha no way

I never thought

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
tomorrow mornings tweet by our potus: "i am taking credit for these two countries marching together "

this isn't the first time the two Koreas consolidated their initiatives for the sake of world sports competition.

*Shrug* Every president since 1776 has routinely taken credit for any good thing that happened under their watch. It only bothers you because it's Trump. Of course, the president also gets blamed for every bad thing that happens, regardless of whether it was his fault or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Oh Blahzay.

We just can't stand it when peace breaks out.

Meanwhile in the West, false alarm nuke attacks are scheduled in more Pacific Island nations.

The need just arose to outshout the peace talks between the Koreas .

This 'could' be a good thing. BUT, the real bottom line is ICBM development and tests. If NK continues it's tests, then nothing has changed, in my view. Not only nothing changed but even worse, the potential alliance between a left leader in SK and NK. In the long run, I couldn't care less if the two merge or develop a working agreement. That's likely a good, thing, potentially.

I still hold the line in the sand of no ICBMs capable of reaching the U.S. in that guy's control. Period.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

This 'could' be a good thing. BUT, the real bottom line is ICBM development and tests. If NK continues it's tests, then nothing has changed,

Nuclear deterrence works. US has never directly attacked a country with nuclear weapons...
edit on 17-1-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
North Korea is very good at pushing to the brink, while advancing military capabilities, and then finding diplomatic ways to stall for more time to quietly develop military technologies, nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, at least until they're ready to test them again.

Talks with the south and the Olympics are perfect!

Zero chance of military confrontation through that time at least.

Brilliant!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I see from the article that the flag has been used before, most recently at the 2006 Winter Games.

In other words, this is just temporary "look how tolerant we are" drivel, which is sadly what the Olympics has degenerated into for most people. Things will be back to status quo on the peninsula as soon as it's over.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sport brings many a country together... I nod my head in respect to the fact that this has been achieved, let us all hope that this small step can pave the way... In a way...

In my opinion every small step counts...

Warmest regards

Lags
edit on 17-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

edit on 1/17/2018 by kosmicjack because: removed OT content

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That's like Armageddon for the Neocon Agenda. They had better quick cook up a false flag attack for the occasion.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Of course Kim is playing the South Koreans and the rest of the world. China will not appreciate the possibility of a reunification should 'lil Kim meet up with an unfortunate accident at some point. He needs his nuclear teeth pulled and China needs a buffer state on the Korean peninsula until a "greater China" encompassing most of non-Indian Asia can be effected. That will happen if China doesn't fragment, internally. To control NK, China will try again to remove Kim from power and replace him with another 'dear leader.' The last effort didn't work out too well for his uncle. The good news is that Kim is systematically removing his relatives so when he does go, his successor will not be a Kim automatically assuming power.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But is that North Korean pop band going to sing? That's what I really care about. Sexy commies in military uniforms singing 'death to the west' makes for must see TV.

They have probably been executed by now

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That's like Armageddon for the Neocon Agenda. They had better quick cook up a false flag attack for the occasion.

They may have already tried, twice. Ref. Hawaii and Japan.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Pakistan has nukes. We routinely droned their population and conducted an unsanctioned operation right under their noses. I guess they got tired of that though.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

North and South Korean athletes will march together at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony under a unified flag, the South said Wednesday, in a diplomatic breakthrough following days of talks between the two countries.

They will also field a joint North and South Korean women's ice hockey team for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, which begin early next month, South Korea's Unification Ministry said.

This is uuuuuuuge. Choo chooo.

...if true, this is awesome news! I wish the positivity to continue and spread to other areas, not just sport.

Seek harmony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join