It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hiya Blue! Oh sleep is elusive and even when I do get sleep, it is rarely throughout the entire night. I feel ok today though.

Hope to see you again after you nap, if that is what you decide to do.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

😁👍🏼...another awesome entry.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Awww, thank you! Tom will be moving the story along shortly. If not tonight, perhaps tomorrow. If you feel like writing, you can continue the side story leading up to when we find out exactly what is going on. Once he posts, you can get a better idea of how you want your characters to interact.

How are you today?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
No naps for me as I let myself be brain dead today preparing for a better week starting tomorrow. Preparing to read all that I can about Texas Health and Human Services as well as DARS - Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services before getting on the phone with them to see what exactly they can do to help out. Tomorrow I also plan on contacting The Ibn Sina Foundation which offers low and no-cost medical services at a nearby hospital.

Other than that I have been watching a few forgettable series online and learning more at to how Libre Office works and what extensions are needed for proper spelling and grammar checking.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the info... I think I’ll wait on Tom though you did provide an interesting storyline with the royal Demon and the Queen of the faeries . ( can’t remember their names now but I know his started with a D and hers with an L .. my memory for names is horrible )

I’m doing fine Night.. thank you for asking . My son made awesome chili for our family sunday dinner.. and we had a great time visiting , as usual.

How about you ? I read in an earlier post you did not get the greatest sleep, but you are otherwise having a good day.
How was lunch with your sis on Friday ?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Preparing to read all that I can about Texas Health and Human Services as well as DARS - Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services before getting on the phone with them to see what exactly they can do to help out. Tomorrow I also plan on contacting The Ibn Sina Foundation which offers low and no-cost medical services at a nearby hospital.

Wifey is from down there and may be able to offer some helpful info.
Good luck too you !

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Blue,
Always praying for you Sweetie. There has to be help for you somewhere out there.

Oh look Groot popped in, how nice! God, I love that avatar! lol That would be awesome if the Wifey can help our dear Blue in some way.

Shey, thanks again! Yeah the demon and faery Queen surprised me and I'm the one who wrote it. LOL We needed more background stuff going on and that just came pouring out with the help of some background music. I might throw out a bit more tonight and then wait for Tom.

It's great that you had a lovely visit with your Son! Oooh and yummy chili!
Last Friday I went out with my friend, but earlier in the week I was out with my Sister and lunch was fantabulous!

I heard we have another storm coming this week.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Did someone say chilli's ?

g.co...

🤓

Worth it.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

OMG Johnny Cash? LOL

Oh noooo...The National Weather Service is predicting that 14 to 18 inches of snow or more could fall on northern Rhode Island, with an outside chance of 20 inches or more.
Monday into Tuesday.

edit on 12-3-2018 by Night Star because: I effed up

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Rug up and get cosy !!

I'll even grant you rum dispensations !

( Mark too ! You've both earned any minor pleasures ! )

😎

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ooooooh rum!

How's weather out your way mate?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Preparing to read all that I can about Texas Health and Human Services as well as DARS - Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services before getting on the phone with them to see what exactly they can do to help out. Tomorrow I also plan on contacting The Ibn Sina Foundation which offers low and no-cost medical services at a nearby hospital.

Wifey is from down there and may be able to offer some helpful info.
Good luck too you !

Thanks Groot, I will keep her in mind and keep you up to date as well with how things go.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

When they arrived home, Night slowly opened the heavy carved, wooden door and peered inside wondering if anyone was up. Candles flickered on the mantle in the living room, but everything was calm and peaceful. There wasn't a soul in sight except for a few cats and the Christmas dog that were curled up in various comfortable spots throughout the room.

Quietly, she walked down the hall and ascended the stairs to her chamber. She slipped out of her clothing and took a long hot bath. Lazily, she picked out a gossamer nightdress and got beneath the covers. Pesky was already asleep in the rose on the nightstand and Night Star was grateful. She didn't need tiny fingers wagging at her and an endless barrage of questions. Vaguely, she could sense that Rider was with the dragon Sisters and Sheye and her friends were somewhere deep in the forest. She tried to see if anything else would come to her but her eyes closed and she drifted into a dreamless slumber.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

...He flung open the door and ran quickly outside - scanning left and right for any sign of who or what had interrupted his nap. But there was nothing to be seen... Nothing but a small, wisp of dissipating black smoke and the faint fetid smell of burning flesh...

"This cannie be good..."

Gordi quickly went inside, gathered his weapons, grabbed a doughnut and stepped back outside to see if he could make any sense of the strange events.
Something had approached the shed and had even reached the back door - its heavy footsteps creaking the wooden boards of the porch... and yet in an instant it had vanished in a wisp of black smoke as he prepared to challenge it?
The air around the porch still smelled of burnt flesh but there was no sign of the putrid black smoke now.

The big fella decided to check for any signs of intrusion and set off to do a sweep of the fields - out to the treeline around the shed.
At first there was nothing out of place, and no clues as to what had happened, but as his sweep of the area circled around to near North... the putrid stench of burned flesh returned!
An old cart-track emerges from the woods here and it became clear that whatever had approached the shed did so from this point.
Big G turned around to look back at the shed and froze in horror as he saw movement on the path not 50 feet from the shed!
He stared intently at the moving shapes and then let out a huge sigh of relief as he recognized the flowing cloak of his dear friend NightStar as she returned to the shed.

"The shed will be safe, noo that our Elven warrior has returned... but should ah go an' tell her what's happened, or should ah follow this trail while the scent is still fresh??"

He glanced at the trail-head, then back to the shed - just in time to see the door close safely behind Nightstar, then... he turned to peer up the trail, between the dark trees and into the forest beyond... he nibbled on his doughnut, leaving crumbs of white sugar on his cheek... and made his decision...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hello everyone.
I've got another chapter to the new Shed adventure.
Forgive me on a couple of things.
1st. it's length. When I have a story I get carried away.
2nd. the use of characters other than my own.
generally this is a no no. But i could not think of another way to set up the story.
I've had permission in the past to do this with these characters and i hope it carries over in this case and I have not overstepped my bounds.

So that being said with the next post I shall continue the tale.

edit on 12-3-2018 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

link   
My last chapter to the story can be found here:
page 79 of Shed 18

Chapter 2

I was a quiet evening in the Shed.
Half a dozen Shed regulars were milling about, eating and drinking, laughing and talking with each other.

Night Star and Gordi were pleased to see each other and sat at a large round table telling each other of their adventures since they had last met.
Both of them had sensed something wrong in Accasia and they discussed what actions they should perhaps take.

Gordi was just about to tell Night Star about a strange experience he had recently when the main door to the Shed opened a long robed figure stood framed in the doorway.

Although his face was still in the shadow those who turned to see the stranger could see he had a long grey beard and was carrying a long staff.
“What’s this?” wondered Gordi. “A wizard?”

The stranger stepped forward into the light and Night Star stared at his face.
Then her eyes grew wide with confused recognition.
“Errollorre?” Night Star asked.

Errollorre let out a laugh. “Yes it I.” he said. “And I can tell by the look on your faces that I have some explaining to do.”
“Then what are you waiting for?” asked Gordi. “Grab a drink and sit yourself down here and start talking.”

Errollorre sat down at a table with Night Star and Gordi.
A dozen pixies flew to the table and refreshed the drinks of Gordi and Night Star.
Then they set a mug in front of Errollorre filled with a strange smelling liquid the bubbled and fizzed.
Errollorre took a long sip of the concoction and coughed and gasped.
“I see the pixies haven’t lost their touch in mixing drinks.” choked Errollorre.
“I don’t know.” said Gordi. “I seem to remember these drinks having a bit more kick to them.”

“Tell us now, what has happened to you.” said Night Star.

Errollorre took another drink and began to tell the long tale of the adventures he, Aria and Troll had over the past few months.

He told them how with the help of the wizard Carl he had traveled back into the past to change events so Aria would remember him in the present.
He explained that with Troll and actions they had taken the time-line was changed.
The travel to various past Sheds in their adventures and occasionally secretly interacted with their future Shed friends.

Once the original time-line was restored they returned to the present only to discover that the wizard Carl had been a past time traveling version of Errollorre all along.
He had worked for over five hundred years to fix a mistake he made in the time-line and to win the love of Aria.

Now with his mission complete the time-lines merged.
The wizard Carl had been disguising himself and was not the fool he had pretended to be.
His full name was Errollorre Colandar and he and Errollorre were the same person.
Now as the time-lines merged so did the wizard and Errollorre.

Errollorre now had the memories and experiences of a five hundred year old wizard.
This was difficult for Errollorre to fully accept and understand.
So he had gone away for some time to meditate and come to fully comprehend who he had been and was.

Errollorre stopped speaking and took another drink.
Night Star and Gordi looked at each other with expressions of doubt about Errollorre’s sanity.
“I know” said Errollorre with a smile. “I don’t quite believe it myself. And I’m living it.”

link   
continued..

Errollorre put down the drink and leaned forward with a concerned look on his face.
“While on the mountain I had a vision. I did not know if it was symbolic or of the past or future.
A great evil has been created. Or perhaps I should say resurrected.
It has absorbed the flesh and memories of the enemies we have faced before.
And it desires not to conquer and rule. It only wishes to destroy and kill.
And all Acassia is in danger.”

Night Star and Gordi nodded slowly in agreement.
They both had recent experiences that alerted them that something was threatening the peace of Acassia.

“This evil creature hates the Shed and it’s members most of all.” said Errollorre.
“It despises what it stands for and all in it. It knows that even with all its power it can not breach the doors or walls of the Shed. So it will destroy everything outside to cause us grief. Or to lure us out to battle it.”

“If it wants a fight it will have it!” said Gordi as he placed his hand on his sword.

Errollorre leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. Then he looked at Night Star and Gordi.
“There is no doubt a war is coming. But from where it comes I do not yet know.
And yet the war is already upon us.”
“What do you mean?” asked Night Star.

“On my way here.” said Errollorre. “As I approached the small village on the south road, just before the outskirts of the Shedlands, I could see it lit up from a quite a distance in the night.
As I got closer I realized the village was not having some celebration, but it was on fire.
Indeed more than half the village was already smoldering ash.”

“I found several of the villagers bodies lying dead in the road.
They had not been burned but they were horribly mutilated.
I spent several hours burying the dead that I could find and then proceeded on toward the Shed.
But as I left the village I was suddenly surrounded by a half dozen creatures and attacked.”

“What kind of creatures?” asked Night Star.
“They were Armagors!” said Errollorre.

“Armagors!” said Night Star. “That is not possible.”
“I know the Elves battled against the Armagors to extinction a millenia ago.” said Errollorre. “But I tell you that is the creatures that attacked me.

“Exactly what is an Armagor?” asked Gordi.
“The looked like large gorillas.” said Errollorre. “But they have a thick armor like skin, almost like an armadillo.”
“They also have razor sharp nails that come out of their fingertips.” said Night Star.

“When then beasts surrounded me,” said Errollorre. “I said a quick incantation and rammed my staff into the ground. A burst of white energy quickly dispatched the beasts to the netherworld.
But I was unaware that one still stood behind me. It grabbed the staff from my hand and tossed it into the forest.
It slapped me with its large back hand and sent me sprawling onto the road.
I drew my sword as I lay on the ground, and as it approached me I lept to my feet and thrust my blade hard into it’s bare chest.
It was if I tried to stab solid rock. My sword bounced off him without even scratching it’s skin.”

“It approached me with it’s hands raised intent on tearing me apart with it’s razor claws.
Fortunately I remembered from history it’s one weak spot.
In battle I have hacked off my opponent's limbs, I’ve disemboweled them. I’ve even cut off their heads. I’ve never taken pleasure in it. But despite my battle experience I find it most reprehensible to stab a creature in the face. And yet this I did. I had to. It is its only weak spot.

“You’re lucky it wasn’t wearing a helmet.” said Gordi.
“Yes.” said Errollorre. “But there is something that can pierce the armored skin of a Armagor.”
“Elven steel.” said Night Star.
“I know about elven steel.” said Gordi. “I know it’s rare and the elves quit mining it a thousand years ago.”

Errollorre looked at Night Star. “If you could get the elves to gather any elven steel that they have. Or find the lost mines. We need as much as we can get to forge weapons. It’s the only thing that will stop the Armagors.”

“Aren’t you getting in a bit of a panic over a few armagors?” asked Gordi. “You managed to dispatch a few right off hand. And from what you and Night Star said they were thought to be extinct. So how many can there be?”

“More than you can imagine.” said Errollorre.
“As the Armagor I killed layed there I placed my hand on the top of its head before it's lifeforce had completely left.
I could see into its mind. It was horrible the things I beheld. But I kept searching until I could see our enemy standing in a large craven overlooking a deep and wide valley.
I could not see the face of this foe but I could see into the valley floor below.
There men and creatures did unmentionable and forbidden things. They were creating Armagors!
I saw them. Thousands and hundreds of thousands!
This is an army of power and size that we have never faced before.” Said Errollorre.
“I am going to speak with Aria and Troll.” said Errollorre. “Then I’m going to scout for the location of the enemy. Maybe we can strike before it does.”

“There is much to be done.” said Night Star. “You’ve got that right." said Gordi.
"I imagine those Armagors were one of many scout parties sent to wreak havoc on helpless villages to distract us until the main attack comes.”

“Yes.” said Errollorre as he stood up from the table.
“Night Star, either you are someone else has to find the elven steel mines or at least gather as much as they can so we can arm anyone willing to fight.
In the meantime someone has to try and protect the villages from raiding parties.
I heard a rumor of Syx being seen again. We could use some dragon support. As tough as they are even Armagors eventually succumb to dragon fire.”

Night Star and Gordi also stood up from the table.
The three lifted there mugs of pixie ale touched cups and took a drink.
Then Errollore left.

Gordi looked at Night Star.
“I’m still not convinced he’s a wizard.”

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's getting interesting and exciting now. Good entries guys! Can't wait to see how things develop further. I'm brewing a few ideas here but, as with my deleted story, there will be violence. I hope no-one minds violence in the face of impending doom...

I promise to only use my characters next time.

Shout out to Jacy!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre
Hello everyone.
I've got another chapter to the new Shed adventure.
Forgive me on a couple of things.
1st. it's length. When I have a story I get carried away.
2nd. the use of characters other than my own.
generally this is a no no. But i could not think of another way to set up the story.
I've had permission in the past to do this with these characters and i hope it carries over in this case and I have not overstepped my bounds.

So that being said with the next post I shall continue the tale.

I didn’t realize using characters that weren’t your own was a no no 😕. I apoligize for bringing River and Jack into the stories.

Wonderful writing by the way .

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
These latest entries have been fantastic!

What I nice treat to wake up and read them over my morning coffee.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join