It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile threat alert for Hawaii a false alarm

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Could someone have been following orders? Inside job? Lots of possibilities here.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It's definitely very hard to believe this was a simple accident caused by pressing a button... you'd think there would be an "are you sure" prompt before allowing a mass warning to be issued.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

A thread was just 404'd which made this same claim, apparently close to the source as well and it included a cease-and-desist directive to delete the thread, which it subsequently was.

LUCKY, I took screenshots of that OP.

I was able to read said thread but it was late in morning I did not manage to screenshot it, glad its been saved for prosperity

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
For folks wondering why, on the conspiracy side its easy panic, paranoia, and distrust in the govt.

Assuming the deep state is real and there really is a power struggle for the soul of the nation.

eta: There is a mens action series of books that covers this particular train of thought.

Out of the Ashes by William Johnstone, he worked for the CIA for a number of years before retiring to write full time and supposedly there was enough facts sprinkled in he was visited by the alphabet agencies a few times.

Its not a bad read for enjoyment sake if you like red dawn type of thing.
edit on 14-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: as an aside.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
It's definitely very hard to believe this was a simple accident caused by pressing a button... you'd think there would be an "are you sure" prompt before allowing a mass warning to be issued.

According to the official story their is a "are you sure" prompt, but the guy apparently tapped 'yes' anyway... Thats what their reporting on CNN atleast

What I don't understand, is if this was actually a test, why did they send out a warning about a imminent ballistic missile strike?

Surely a simple message clearly stating it was a test of their emergency warning system was all that was needed to ensure the system working...

I'm convinced it was a deliberate psy ops to ingrain the possibility of it actually happening in peoples minds... for the purpose of gaining support for a pre-emptive strike on NoKo.

It was just to convenient to be a case of coincidental human error, imo.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I still don't understand what makes the EU and the lefties think that they can manipulate the Trump administration with this fake alert !
All of this after a whole year of imbecile nonsensical scandals.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What an absolutely shocking turn of events.This should be investigated to the max.After seeing the kid going into a man hole cover,really made me think.Have we lost our humanity as humans.Yeah I suppose thousands of years ago.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If it were any state but Hawai’i, I wouldn’t have this lingering suspicion.
Trump didn’t seem concerned. But not much he could do from golf course.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Speaking as an ex sys-admin I had to help users sometimes with their computer problems. It often went like this:

User: "There was an error and then things didn't work anymore."

Me: "What did the error message say?"

User: "I don't know, I just clicked on the X to get rid of it."

Me: "But what was the error?"

User: "I don't know, I didn't read it...."

Me: "Sigh...."

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lokomai

My heart is with you, please continue to live your life through love and joy, a celebration rather than the fear this was supposed to instigate.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather
a reply to: Daughter2

I think it was related to North Korea.. Where is Trump playing Golf? News made it sound like he was in Hawaii.

Since Hawaii voted over 62% for hillary, you can blame your fellow liberals for this major screwup.

Really? So because Hawaii voted Clinton that means she's the Pres. there and the Liberals run it? Methinks you don't know how elections work. By your reckoning Wales and Scotland are gonna stay in the E.U!!!

I can't begin to imagine how scary this was for the people of Hawaii, as a parent, if I got this text I wouldn't be checking Twitter to see if it was real, I'd be doing what I could to get my family ro shelter. I hope the truth of this comes out soon
edit on 14/1/18 by djz3ro because: I couldn't resist the urge to add a Brexit comparison...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lokomai
They are now saying someone pressed the button by accident. That does not make any sense at all. I could see that but the fact it took 30 minutes to figure that out and cancel everything. No something is off.

I agree, I mean if someone pressed the button by mistake (surely it's not a big Acme button like Big Trump and L'il Kim have on their desks?) then surely their phone got the alert along with everyone they know? I know if a friend or family member of mine were in charge of that button, as soon as I got the text I'd have got hold of them straight away saying "waddup homey, is this legit or are you on the loony juice again?"

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaladinRoden
I think its a psyop to get the idea of war into peoples minds and accept World War 3. Trump is just a puppet in this game of world domination.

That's entirely possible but if it was, why Hawaii? Is Hawaii to the U.S. like Scotland is to the U.K, where they test out all the new laws that people won't like? (e.g. Scotland got the smoking ban first, then minimum drink pricing but it was England they tested 24 hour drinking establishments on)...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The innocence in the threads about this is so charming. So many thinking inside job, hack or psy-op because they just can't wrap their heads around the idea that a bloated, inefficient bureaucracy like the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency could screw something like this up. Ya'll have far too much faith in government. I suppose that's why so many people think it's a good idea to let the government run so many things. Just one more agency, just one more government program, they'll fix all our problems.

Many of those who have worked for the government, on the other hand, know the less things we let the government get their hands on the better. It is incredibly easy to believe this was a mistake, sadly. No conspiracy theories needed.
edit on 14 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yeah it could be just a disgruntled employee.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: PaladinRoden
I think its a psyop to get the idea of war into peoples minds and accept World War 3. Trump is just a puppet in this game of world domination.

That's entirely possible but if it was, why Hawaii? Is Hawaii to the U.S. like Scotland is to the U.K, where they test out all the new laws that people won't like? (e.g. Scotland got the smoking ban first, then minimum drink pricing but it was England they tested 24 hour drinking establishments on)...

No, Hawaii has probably the most far-left people and government of any state in the US. The way they would react to anything wouldn't be a good indicator how the rest of the country would take it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: face23785

Yeah it could be just a disgruntled employee.

It could've been aliens. There's no reason to think that, but as long as we're just making # up.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So , was this an "accident", as stated by Hawaii officials or was it "part of a drill" as the white house says because it quite simply can't be both.

Also the narrative that a "button" was pressed by "accident" is just utter bullsh#t, anybody who's anybody that has worked in even some form of moderate industry where there are safety systems in place knows that for critical systems such as the likes of hmmmmmm lets say a missle warning system there will be a FULLY AUTOMATIC system that will deal with everything simply because computer are faster than humans, but also that if there were the requirement to complete things manually there would be many procedural steps to go through before such a panic inducing message could be released and that it absolutely would not be a case of accidentally pushing a button hahahhaha, that excuse is actually laughable, which leaves the only other conclusion that once again there feeding us nonsense and expecting us to believe it, and the sad thing is most do believe it without question.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I just don't know but I think I'll go with the idiot and a simple wrong click of a mouse and no back button. It is the government after all.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The possibility of this being what is portrayed by the media are quite slim.

I followed a few threads on that cesspool of 4chan, if you have the gut here's the links Hickam AFB Fusion analyst, There was a missile headed towards hawaii and repost of the second one where they discuss mostly the chain of command and the tech.

On the other side the possibile speculations are quite a few:
Case 1: There was no missile
a) Hacking
b) Revenge (AT&T got the contract then fired 4k employees iirc)
c) Political bait (a Trump hater or a NK Hater)
d) Psyops

Case 2: A missile was launched
Here it becomes much more articulated. The facts I could collect are:
1) Sirens didn't fire
2) airplanes were grounded
3) less than 15 minutes after the message, Tulsi Gabbard said it was a false alarm
4) 38 minutes after the message there was a correction
5) The news said it was PACCOM who issued the alert, but PACCOM didn't
6) There "may" have been active missile tests from January 10 to 17 around Hawaii (source is from 4chan, I'll just post it for reference)
7) Inbound missile is not necessarily "nuclear"
8) China and Russia didn't report anything (I would understand Japan and SK silence in case it was requested by the US, but the other 2 would have made pressures)

So IF it was a missile it has been fired from a sub not that far, or could be a friendly fire mistake during a drill. I can't see how this could be an ICBM.
For a rogue submarine we have
a) NK
b) The cabal/CIA/whatever non state
c) China
d) Russia

So the only ones mildly reasonable would be NK and the deepstate/illuminati, but still I think NK would not suicide by attacking first and with a miserable single missile.

For a mistaken friendly launch, well then I see very likely that a coverup that blames a single person would save the day to quite a lot of asses. And wouldn't need excessive fireworks for the kill switch (and would justify not scrambling any plane).

For me it's a hack or sabotage, the "missile shot down" theory entertains me, but I'd be more inclined to "drill # up" than prevented attack.
And obligatory: aliens may have shot it down too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join