It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile threat alert for Hawaii a false alarm

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pazuzu666

Also the narrative that a "button" was pressed by "accident" is just utter bullsh#t, anybody who's anybody that has worked in even some form of moderate industry where there are safety systems in place knows that for critical systems such as the likes of hmmmmmm lets say a missle warning system there will be a FULLY AUTOMATIC system that will deal with everything simply because computer are faster than humans.

Anyone who has worked in some form of government knows that however industry does it, the government will find a way to implement a more cumbersome, inefficient and fundamentally flawed process. Stay in your lane.

This is why we're better off privatizing almost anything the government has its hands in, for instance the VA (this is coming from a vet, mind you). Anything private industry can do, the government can do it for 3 times the cost and take twice as long.
edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
when the real one happens (and it will) i shall simply spark up a large doobie, crack open a bottle of whiskey and say 'meh'. out of my hands and cares.

Haha I second that, I'm in the UK I'm about 50 miles east of London. If an alert came up on my phone or tv screen I've got no where to go. I can try my best to get out of the blast zone but I don't believe I'd have time as all the roads will be clogged. South of England is very built up so the only chance I'd have is to get North as far as a I can. My ideal escape area would be the highlands of Scotland or the small mountains in Wales but considering Wales is a good 300 miles from me and Scotland being over 600 miles away I won't be getting there anytime soon

There's an area near where I live that I can almost look all the way down the Thames and see London in the distance. I'd do the same as you, roll the biggest doob I've ever rolled grab a bottle of drink and see what happens. With being such a close proximity to London I've got no chance so I might as well go out on a high

I've even said to others, so you survive a nuclear attack .. now where are you gonna go? If all out nuclear war happened then countries will be wastelands. Not only that if the world has come e to bombing each other off the face of the earth while all the VIPs are safe and underground then quite frankly I don't wanna be a part of it, so yeh roll a doob and take whatever is coming on the chin

One last thing, I've never understood why countries would want to have a nuclear war. What do the VIPs expect what is going to be left of the planet after it all finished. Sod it let them rule the nuclear waste lands of planet earth

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Stay in my lane?

Care to elaborate.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lokomai
They are now saying someone pressed the button by accident. That does not make any sense at all. I could see that but the fact it took 30 minutes to figure that out and cancel everything. No something is off.

The claim is, Hawaii's system has an option for "Missile Alert" and an option for "Missile Alert Test," and the guy clicked the wrong one. Plus, there's no way to issue a "False Alarm" message, so it took them a half-hour to figure out an ad-hoc way to take it back.

Sound like the missile alert system is really, really badly designed.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: lokomai
They are now saying someone pressed the button by accident. That does not make any sense at all. I could see that but the fact it took 30 minutes to figure that out and cancel everything. No something is off.

The claim is, Hawaii's system has an option for "Missile Alert" and an option for "Missile Alert Test," and the guy clicked the wrong one. Plus, there's no way to issue a "False Alarm" message, so it took them a half-hour to figure out an ad-hoc way to take it back.

Sound like the missile alert system is really, really badly designed.

Why "take it back," at all? It's the claim that somehow hands were tied on telling the public it was a false alarm because they couldn't "take it back," which really bothers me.

Why not just issue a totally new alert that says "False Alarm. There is no missile headed to Hawaii," the same way they would issue an Amber Alert, weather alert, or tsunami warning?

Why not contact the local news stations and ask them to interrupt with the breaking news that it was a false alarm?

The story that the alert and the 38 minute delay were unintentional is not plausible.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
And just to throw some more hinkiness into the mix, both Bill Clinton and Huma Abedin were in Hawaii at the same time this happened.

Not that this event doesn't need more confusion, but adding those two into the mix doesn't help the 'false alarm' premise we're being sold. Oh, I agree that it is totally possible that it was indeed an error due to incompetence, I just think that there is a bit more than meets the eye to this entire scenario.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What if this was a variation on the "airport blackouts" we've been seeing? Maybe the purpose of the missile alert was to make sure the airport was on lockdown for a while, so a certain airplane wouldn't be able to leave US jurisdiction?

Maybe the message was intended for Bill & Huma: try to flee the country, and your plane will get an "incoming missile" courtesy of the local F-22 squadron...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pazuzu666

Stay in my lane?

Care to elaborate.

It's a figure of speech. You seem to have been implying you're a person who knows how industry would handle this. However, this isn't industry, it's government. Anyone who knows anything about the government knows it's nothing like the private sector. The way the private sector would do it (the way that makes sense) and the way the government does it (the most convoluted and inefficient way possible) are not comparable. If you are more knowledgeable about the private sector, stick to that.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know if any planes left during the missile test? I'm beginning to see something, but it could very well just be some eye gunk that's why I'm asking about planes leaving.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What if a missile was indeed coming in then it was shot-down and the whole thing covered-up?

www.theburningplatform.com...

There wasn’t one false alarm.
There were two false alarms, according to reports now from the ground, about a half-hour apart.
They were not false alarms due to a mistake.
You’re being lied to folks.
This was not a “fat finger” mistake.
A “fat finger” mistake does not repeat itself a half-hour later and, more to the point, the original alert wasn’t immediately canceled either although the very people in that office who sent the alarm in Hawaii had to have phones on their persons and thus knew it went out immediately because they got it too.

And is the following info or disinfo (or something in between...)

benjaminfulford.net...

One sign of this extreme tension came last week when “a missile from a cabal submarine was stopped from hitting Hawaii and the submarine was sunk,” Pentagon sources say. Media outlets around the world have reported that Hawaiian residents all received the following warning on their mobile phones: “BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII, SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER, THIS IS NOT A DRILL,” but later this was reported to be a false alarm. It was not—it was an attempt by “the cabal” to blame the attack on North Korea and use it as a trigger for their long-desired World War III, CIA sources say.
edit on 15-1-2018 by pokolraveluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Does anyone know if any planes left during the missile test? I'm beginning to see something, but it could very well just be some eye gunk that's why I'm asking about planes leaving.

The protocol should have been to get planes in the air and away from the island as fast as possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pokolraveluk

Why would you cover up the fact that you were able to shoot down an incoming missile? It would be a propaganda win for the US to be able to say we blocked a punch from North Korea. We could also use it as justification for any action we take in the future. This theory simply makes no sense.

Seriously guys, I know the government isn't exactly trustworthy, but you don't have to make up fairy tales about EVERY SINGLE INCIDENT just so you can say you didn't get fooled by "the official story". You're starting to sound like the nuts who predict the end of the world every few years just so that when it does happen they can say they called it. Nevermind you were wrong 100 times.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The protocol should have been to get planes in the air and away from the island as fast as possible.

Exactly, but do we know if any planes left during the alert. I know from reports that planes left after the alert, but don't if any flew during.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Do you want nuclear WWIII and Armagedon over there? Cause if not, these actions fully make sense.
edit on 15-1-2018 by pokolraveluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Exactly, but do we know if any planes left during the alert. I know from reports that planes left after the alert, but don't if any flew during.

I think flightaware.com keeps a detailed history of all flights that have taken off from US airports going back several days.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, but they want me to buy the historical data for the 13th. I was hoping somebody had the data on hand.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pokolraveluk

Having shot down an incoming missile doesn't start World War 3, no matter how bad you guys want it to. This theory makes no sense, sorry. Please stop just making # up out of thin air. You are the reason why people roll their eyes at conspiracy theories. You literally just make # up that doesn't even fit the available facts.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

But come on.. I like spewing random conspiracy theories together and making stuff up. Otherwise there wouldn't be Q.

While we are at it we can throw some Q spin in that doesn't say anything but says everything.

Is it what is seems?

Who else was there?

What is normal protocol?

Everything isn't always what it seems.

Jason Bourne, War Games, When Harry Met Sally

Follow the Money

Men In Black, Naked Gun, Apollo 13

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I dont know.
If there was no missile then this was a very cynical psy-op to spread fear and condition the sheeple to war.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So by your assumption I've clearly never been under the employ of my government.

You would be wrong, as most people usually are when assuming other peoples situations.

The very simple point I was trying to make which regardless of whether its private sector or government sector is that safety critical systems in any industry more often than not have for want of a better term, auto failsafes (computer) or lets say manual procedural steps (human) in order to be able to execute xyz safety protocols.

You use as your argument the fact that this was government and therefore that somehow equates to somewhat questionable standards, your maybe forgetting that were not talking about sending troops to foreign countries rather ill-prepared in what equipment they may or may not have, although by MY assumption in you mentioning your a vet I would assume you to be American and therefore a lack of GOOD gear would never have been a problem for yourself or maybe others like you, as from my experience working with you guys out in the dustbowl there was never a shortage of very nice kit going around, the same cannot be said for us poor brits, anyway I digress, your argument is that government somehow equates to substandard, and while I agree with this to a certain level as I have just mentioned with regards to being inadequately prepared for particular terrains or theaters of operation, I just cannot see that being the case when talking about a missile defense system and the early warning system that would go hand in hand with that, I can assure you I have travelled in MANY different lanes and in my experience all I'm suggesting is that the likelyhood of this being a case of, oops sorry never meant hit that button, seems like a long shot again due to the procedures that would have to be executed in order to be able to issue such a warning and which I'm sure also that the said procedures would be backed by legislation in order that they can have some form of accountability should they auto system fail or the manual procedures get f#cked up.

But hey I may be proved wrong if we ever see the end of the investigation, and if I am then god help anyone that lives in Hawaii.

I hope I didn't stray too far out of my lane.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join