It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Gov. wants to grant immunity to police

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Who do they think they are?
America!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I can see fear of retribution being a powerful incentive to not do that. I don't mean to judge and I'm not sure what I'd do if in the same situation.

I'm just so used to seeing people hate on cops who likely belong in jail themselves, but if true, this is different. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
So New Mexico governor Susana Martinez wants to grant full immunity to all police while on duty and plans to try and push it through in the coming legislation session.

She does not think police should have to worry about being sued because it might keep them from doing their job right.

This bill would protect citizens and law enforcement officers from the massive payouts that taxpayers are giving crooks and thieves who are hurt or injured by police officers who are doing their job,” Martinez said.

Crooks? are jurys not finding these cops guity or at least liable before just paying them off?

How about you just get better cops? Jesus they cant just grant them full immunity.

If this passes America is broken.

www.abqjournal.com...

SANTA FE – A years-old debate over use of force by police could resurface in the coming 30-day legislative session, as Gov. Susana Martinez plans to push legislation that would grant legal immunity to New Mexico law enforcement officers for actions in the line of duty.

We'll just make sure that those enforcing the law don't have to follow the law! It's perfect.

There's no way that could possibly go wrong!

*edited to add

God please let me and my family get safely out of this country before this crap is nation wide.

edit on 12-1-2018 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
I have lived in New Mexico all my life. I was born in Albuquerque. I live in Albuquerque. And everyone that lives here will tell you the truth. I'm going to tell you the truth. New Mexico is a sh!thole. Albuquerque is the absolute worst. Do not stay overnight here, you most likely will be robbed. Don't drive through here. You will be pulled over. It's not because you are black, it's not because you are white, it's not because you are brown. It's just because. It's because you may have a nice car. The police here are not known to be racist. They shoot all colors and all ages. I'm not lying. Look it up. The police are never convicted. Never. Not even when they kill their own. Look it up. We have the lowest standards in education. We are in the top 5 in everything bad. Look it up. You want to od? Come here to New Mexico. You want to get killed by a drunk driver? Come to New Mexico. You want to get hit by a train? Come to New Mexico. You want to die violently? Come to New Mexico.
You want to die riding in a hot air balloon? Come to New Mexico.
This is the truth.

I agree 100%
I was assigned there for 3.5 years!
This is from www.santafenewmexican.com...
"1. Dianna Duran, former secretary of state, was sentenced to 30 days in jail after she admitted to stealing money from donors and using it to feed her addiction to gambling.

2. Gov. Susanna Martinez is mocked for her attempt to stop a police investigation at her holiday staff party.

3. Eric Garcia, former Santa Fe police chief, retired in July rather than be fired.

4. Jay McCleskey, the governor’s political ally, has been the target of an FBI inquiry.

5. Mayor Javier Gonzales, right, voted for a controversial assisted living facility on Old Pecos Trail, but later reversed his vote after heavy criticism.

6. Phil Griego resigned from the state Senate in the midst of an ethics investigation."

It is one of the most corrupt states I have lived in!
#1 heroin capital of the US.
I was there when they covered up the Ebola patient in Espanola!
I was there when a 4 y.o. was shot. "Court records show Torrez has about a dozen prior felony charges, including charges from another incident in which he was accused of pulling a gun on another driver. " It's sanctuary city policy is one of the worst in the country! I even had a pistol waved at me from a guy with Mexico plates!
I will say this, the US Marshals that I worked with were excellent!
edit on V142018Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 12 Jan 2018 19:14:20 -06001 by Violater1 because: afrdjtk,u

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Who do they think they are?
America!

I know I'm going to get hammered for this but according to CBP internal records we now have a problem in this country with, what they refer to as First Generation Mexican immigrants joining law enforcement and military. A first gen is someone who's parents are illegals, who were born here. These, now men and women, answer not to you and me but to Mexican drug cartel's. They have one job, to deflate the American publics trust in these groups. They have already done this in Mexico using badges and uniforms sold here in the US where it's legal to sell them to anyone. As I understand it there is a store in a Texas border town that sells everything you need to be a cop in Mexico.

NO I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE A FIRST GEN MEXICAN, OR THAT ALL FIRST GENS WORK FOR DRUG CARTEL'S. I'M ONLY SAYING THAT IT IS BECOMING A PROBLEM.

I will also say this. If you know that these are are happening you have a duty to report what you know. A duty to whom you might ask. To your children, to your neighbors, to your country. If you're worried about back lash, witness protection. It is the responsibility of every American to protect the freedoms we enjoy. If you don't then you deserve what comes next. And yes I have been there. I turned in my older brother for dealing come, and divorced my first wife when I cought her smoking pot.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Alrighty then.

All I got from that was How To Get A Tweaker To Dig Your Hole For You.

I mean, don't get me wrong, useful information if you want a swimming pool I suppose; but how exactly was it a relevant response to... anything really (other than, how to get a tweaker to dig a hole for you)?

I suppose there may be some cultural nuance here I'm not getting, but whatever. Nice thread derail regardless. So good job I guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

You've shamed me I'll go back into my hole.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

This thread is about giving immunity to the police. They don't deserve it. This is my opinion, based on personal experience with working with APD and having family members in APD.

Ok well I can respect THAT statement. But the rest of your insults to New Mexico in general were not necessary, relevant, or half true for that matter.
a reply to: Violater1
Doubtful on the heroin capital claim. That distinction more likely goes to Maryland, or DC specifically. I guess there is some irony to be had there.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

This thread is about giving immunity to the police. They don't deserve it. This is my opinion, based on personal experience with working with APD and having family members in APD.

Ok well I can respect THAT statement. But the rest of your insults to New Mexico in general were not necessary, relevant, or half true for that matter.
a reply to: Violater1
Doubtful on the heroin capital claim. That distinction more likely goes to Maryland, or DC specifically. I guess there is some irony to be had there.

No dude, we are the heroin capital of the USA. Here is why. I-25 goes straight to Mexico. I-40 goes across the country. Those two highways cross. The heroin from Mexico stops here first. It gets distributed from here to the rest of the country. We get the first cut. That's a fact. Everything I said was true. The other guy that actually lived here for 3.5 years agreed. Why would I lie to you? This state is corrupt and drug ridden. It's the truth. We have a 13% Native American population. They make up to 50 % of the daily unnatural deaths in New Mexico.

If you only knew what actually happens on a daily basis on those reservations, it would blow your mind. The news won't hear about it. It falls under federal jurisdiction. That type of stuff you just don't hear about.

It's beautiful here. It's also so dirty and grimey, and violent. It's the truth.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I hope you weren't planning on retiring here.

Sorry if I killed your dream. Lol.
edit on 13-1-2018 by galaga because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join