It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single-Payer CRISIS - Britain National Health Service Cancels FIFTY-THOUSAND Operations!.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks for clearing that up at least

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Every other industrialized country around the world has a "socialized" systems and everyone, without exception is cheaper and are mostly equal in quality of health outcomes.

Why are you under the impression that the US system would go up in cost by 10X?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Do not get cancer in the US without heathcare insurance and $10,000 in cash. If you have no insurance, you will not get chemo. Even if you have insurance you better have a big fat wad of cash for all the things that are not covered.

No one dies due to lack of proper care here so long as they seek it

edit on 5-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Your infant mortality rate (which is worse than the UK, France, Germany, Austraila, Canada and many other countries with pinko, commie healthcare would seem to be at odds with the above statement, mate.

The US counts infant mortality a bit differently than most of the rest of the world does. In the US, a baby born prematurely with almost no chance of survival is counted as a live birth whereas most of Europe and Asia count them as stillborn, even if the infant survives in an incubation machine for days or weeks after birth. I've also been told by a family friend that SIDS is relatively rare in European countries because the cultures have had a lot more emphasis placed on infant back sleeping, whereas there are cultures within the US which do not practice that as rigorously.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Every other industrialized country around the world has a "socialized" systems and everyone, without exception is cheaper and are mostly equal in quality of health outcomes.

Why are you under the impression that the US system would go up in cost by 10X?

Almost every other country in the world has higher rates of taxation and that was before the tax cuts. Most of those same places also rely heavily on our military.
edit on 5-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Almost every other country in the world has higher rates of taxation and that was before the tax cuts.

Well, yes but ... these other countries are not Trillions in debt.

Try and see the reality.

It is not hard.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I agree that the US is the military arm of the NWO, and our tax $$$$ are spent chasing all sorts of things, usually natural resources or fulfilling the petro $$ dominance.

I still don't see how the cost is going to increase 10 fold.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I think you may have been misled on that count.

The definition of stillbirth is the birth of a baby who is born without any signs of life at or after 24 weeks of pregnancy

www.babycenter.com.au...

Thats an aussie site, you can find the same in UK and other countries too. People making money from privatised healthcare skew a lot of things to make it look as though its the only good deal in town.

Like I said, its not my business how you organise things for yourselves, but you dont want to be selling yourself dshort based on duff info.

have an appendicitis in the UK, then have one in the US and compare how you feel and how healthy your bank account is after
(I know its not possible to actually do that, it was just an example of how I see the differences).

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Almost every other country in the world has higher rates of taxation and that was before the tax cuts.

Well, yes but ... these other countries are not Trillions in debt.

Try and see the reality.

It is not hard.

P

Even better!

Lets raise our tax base substantially to add a massively expansive new entitlement while saddled with trillions in debt and budget that perennially adds to it!

Genius!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Do I get to drop the annual $10,000 plus health insurance premiums?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Appendicitis?

For someone with solid insurance which is the basis for comparison with the NHS, no more or less than what is left of their deductible for that year and that bill will depend on the policy they carry. So it could be anything from a couple thousand to many thousands depending.

Oh, I understand you are talking about initial out of pocket, but we aren't saddled with massive high income and VAT taxes to attempt to cover it either.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Do I get to drop the annual $10,000 plus health insurance premiums?

Nothing is free, not even socialized care. That $10,000 just gets shifted into your tax burden.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Lets raise our tax base substantially to add a massively expansive new entitlement while saddled with trillions in debt and budget that perennially adds to it!

No ... you stop spending Billions blowing up brown people ... and use the massive savings to actually help the citizens that are your country.

But ... USA USA USA USA USA.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Who said anything about things being free. I think what the American people want to see is our medical costs fall into line with the rest of the industrialized world.

Are you good with the difference in cost being 100% more here in the US as compared to the next most expensive nation?

I fail to see why people defend the obvious and monopolistic system that the US has gown into.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Do you think that paying the insurance fees for total cover (everything from breaking your toe through to being diagnosed with cancer and having babies and suchlike) would actually be cheaper than paying VAT? Last I looked, it seemed that monthly healthcare insurance for an average family was around the same level as a mortgage...That sound about right?

Remember most of our taxes go on stuff that isnt keeping people healthy and educated.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

In Russia all Health is free, if you are sick you call the family Doctor and he comes to your house, the medical prescriptions are free, and if you go to Hospital that is also free. Needles to say all education is free as well. So what went wrong with us?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

In Russia all Health is free, if you are sick you call the family Doctor and he comes to your house, the medical prescriptions are free, and if you go to Hospital that is also free. Needles to say all education is free as well. So what went wrong with us?

What is the quality? Is this an apples to apples like the US and Australia or Canada?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have long argued that defunding the NHS, as well as selling off portions of it to private companies, should be a hangable offence.

This is what happens when you do those things.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Japan's National Health Insurance is based upon ones income. The more you make, the more you pay. As of now it is about $8000 USD a year, that is the cap. One does not pay more then that. Also 30% is what you pay of the bill. The private doctors here do not take "I'll pay you later doctor". Doesn't happen in Japan, no money, no treatment.

Good system actually. You don't want to pay, legally the hospitals can and will turn you away if your card is not valid.

Right now we pay about 125 dollars a month. By the way, there is no CRAZY 5000 dollar deductible before the insurance coverage kicks in.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

What is the quality? Is this an apples to apples like the US and Australia or Canada?

Stupidity and greed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join