It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Okay...final adjustment so the top side would fade to black a little better...

And.....done. Hope you like it.

So....when's this page full. Can't wait to start with page 18 of this thread...

Peace

Eta: well I'll be damned...lol
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 21 Aug 2018 14:24:54 -0500pm312420188 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

wow wow wow! i really like the background. and that is a special nice statue of tut III. don't think you have failed. i will try it immediately. then i will ponder upon the question of the flame. that is the only element i'm still not sure about.

would you mind if i tried a variation on your art work? its not you, its because of my suggestions. that light, lamp or flame thingy is not very egyptian and i had not given it enough thought at request time.

thank you again for your time and involvement.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

what do you think of this version ?

the main reason why i ask is because i would like to mention the work in the signature line as a co-work, so as to credit you for having done most of the work and the inspiration and to keep advertising the avatar forum.
edit on 21-8-2018 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Oh wow!! I like your version even more!! It is much easier on the eyes because it isn't so busy....

I read your short story and I already noticed the edit line in which you credited my contribution. I think that is really sweet. You shouldn't have to ask if you can use your own version, it is your avatar. I made it for you and you have given it your personal touch...the essence of corroboration.

I started out here on ATS where I had the need to point some stuff out in pictures and I only knew MsPaint. Because it is limited I started trying other stuff and ended up with Photoshop. Now I never read any instruction manual, like everything in my life, I just wing it...lol

I respect real artists and I never use material that is watermarked or comes from places like DeviantArt (Those guys are insanely good). I once made an avatar for a x-mas competition here and it turned out pretty good. It was a transparent Christmas gift with a cute skeleton kitty inside and a tag attached that is was for E.Schrödinger.

The only skeleton kitty I found was from an artist at DeviantArt and wanted to ask permission to use it. So I contacted her and she said no and demanded I would take it down. Since then I learned a lot about fair use policy.

Nobody is making money of these avatars and it's all just # and giggles. Sometimes I create stuff out of nothing and sometimes I take existing stuff and make my own design. I guess the "art" is finding the right composition..

Again, I really like this avatar and it was fun creating it together!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

thanks mindcrime (sorry for having you called you a man in one of my earlier posts - how would i know either way - and it so does not matter at all - that was so automatic of me) for your corroboration.

said and done. the avatar is up and i like it a lot. thanks again. it was fun to work together on an avatar. all the best to you. i'm sure i'll see you around the forums and in here again.

and i wish this thread will get heaps more good requests. maybe with more requests more talented people will join in to corroborate in the creations. you are so right with the copy right issues. and it definitely does not have to be created using photoshop. i'm sure a talented person can create wonders even in paint.

talent of course is subjective. some people like this style and other people like it different. my last few creations were kindly hang in the avatar wardrobe to be used at some time. well, i guess i have to adapt more to a customer's specific style, which can be tricky. you've done very well with mine. thank you again.

have i thanked you enough?..............

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Lol....you are very very welcome. I wanted to thank you again for triggering my interest in the subject and I have been telling my kids all about ancient Egypt during our daily walk..

Oh and on the subject of my gender:

From the member photo thread...

Hi...

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

well, i guess i have to adapt more to a customer's specific style, which can be tricky.

Oh my God....I think I just had an epiphany, revelation...whatever you want to call it..

To stick with the lyrics of one the songs from my favorite band:

"sorry,
I'm just..... its starting to hit me like a ummmm
ummmm
a 2 ton heavy thing.
"

I have been reading the Avatar design threads from 2014 till now and what used to be a really fun community has turned into an 18 page thread of Operation MIndcrime customer's specific entries...

I changed the format and not for the better....(sorry for hijacking your thread DTOM and of course all you other great people)

I'll stick with the competition threads and will be lurking along with this one..

(I guess this will be a wonderful addition to my resume when applying to Zaphod58 Threadkiller Extraordinair thread...)

Not the brightest of the bunch here guys...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Aug 2018 04:15:49 -0500am311520188 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You didn't kill the thread, my friend. Time did. Many of the posters from past years just don't visit the site much these days and a new batch of artists has not hopped on to take their place. We are lucky to have you filling the custom-requests role. Don't think for a minute by bowing out it's going to be the old threads all over again

Believe me, if someone comes in here and requests something funny or cartoony, or animated... I'll chime in with some options.

Stick around and keep on keepin' on. You're going a nice thing for folks and for yourself

edit on 8.23.2018 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Oh I'll stick around...got nowhere else to go.

But thank you for the reassurance that it isn't me.

I'll try and promote the thread as much as I can and if requests remain unanswered for too long I'll jump on it but for now I think it is best if I take the backseat for a while...(got to start working on my 10th anniversary thread, halloween is coming up...for me anyway....lots to do)

But after 18 pages I'm even getting tired of me...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Aug 2018 17:03:22 -0500pm310320188 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Never get tired of talent mate........

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

what Mario Giraffe said....

Ill be able to assist again some day. For now, i get by ATS maybe once or twice a day beyond scanning headlines.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Where have you been young man!?!

Hahaha.. It's good to see you around.

I'll keep holding the fort, don't worry.

Peace

ETA: you've got mail...
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 25 Aug 2018 13:31:40 -0500pm313120188 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I'm around

You know how it is, life gets in the way, but in a good way for me for which I am grateful. I'll be back with avengence and that beer is in the fridge awaiting you.

To stay on topic AVATAR

Stay safe my friend and one day this will be us

ETA: Mail returned

Cody

edit on 26/8/18 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Sorry about this in advance....

Sunday evening...Waiting to take your order...

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Just putting this up here...

Avatars on Internet forums serve the purpose of representing users and their actions, personalizing their contributions to the forum, and may represent different parts of their persona, beliefs, interests or social status in the forum.

Wikipedia on avatars

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

wow.you really look like your avatar. very good choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

wtf??

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

wow.you really look like your avatar. very good choice.

I agree that the resemblance is uncanny...

I could work with the image below as an avatar for you....since Buddhism seems to be your thing...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 10 Sep 2018 06:00:09 -0500am300020189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 10 Sep 2018 06:29:38 -0500am302920189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

thanks. i am fine.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

On a personal level we are not resonating too well and that is okay I guess. Nevertheless I send you a U2U regarding your current avatar and if you need help just let us know.

Peace

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join