It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay...when I said "right away" I didn't count on it being hotter than the surface of the sun here today so while I'm enjoying this evening I might just get around to start on your avatar...

I'll keep you updated.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hey there...

I really appreciate this...

Take all the time you need, there's no rush

Peace

- JC

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Out of focus backgrounds and monkey hairs.......aaaaargh

I'm trying some different backgrounds but I think this one looks best..

Let me know what you think.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hey, I like how it looks

The trees look really real

You've done a great job

Thanks again

- JC

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I'm glad you like it!!

Please remember to check in with us every 20.000 posts for maintenance and inspection.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
soooooo.....how about those Mets?

Some weather we're having...

....ooh!! I know a place where you can get your avatar pimped...(at this point I'll do birthday cards as well, just send me a U2U)

Drop those requests folks...

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Custom x-mas card maybe??

I did a Dallas cowboys xmas card once for a member here on ATS....turned out pretty good.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It sucks that when someone has time to create, no one wants to have a creation.

I don't know if ill ever get my head out from under the work i've got right now. I can tell you that Bothelumberjack had sent me a request for an avatar a few months back. I just never had time to do much with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I didn't want to keep posting bumps for this thread but I'll be damned if I let this thread die a silent death..

Good to see you by the way...

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It won't die. I don't think it will.

What we need to keep it circulating is friendly banter. More reps on the recent posts page.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What we need to keep it circulating is friendly banter

I'm only here for serious topics and serious avatars... and perhaps a shrubbery.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Talking about serious avatars...

Miss the giraffe but I love Mario!!!

BFFT...I'll try and promote this thread as much as possible but with my incoherent off-topic contributions elsewhere on this site I'm afraid others will have to work a little harder...lol

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I didn't want to keep posting bumps for this thread but I'll be damned if I let this thread die a silent death..

i'm so glad to read this. it used to be such fun to scroll through all the creative contributions. i wonder what happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Demand and supply....ultimately this is of course DTOM's responsibility and is liable for any damage resulting from this thread model....or so my lawyer says.

But seriously... I am glad to read that so many still have this thread as a go-to place.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

well, i wonder whether you could do me an avatar.

i'm working on a story to post in the short story section that is set in ancient egypt. i spend my thoughts mainly in the 18th dynasty, to be precise. if you could come up with some image about that time and incorporate some kind of light, or a lantern or something like that ?

a new suiting avatar surely would get me to put that story finally out of my mind onto the screen.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Oh boy oh boy oh boy......

That sounds like a wonderful assignment but I assume this is an invitation to all artists. I would love to see some artwork from fellow members...

Maybe some new blood...If you are handy with photo editing and have a good imagination just post your design. There is no such thing as good or bad, it's all about taste and style...heck Boymonkey once won a design competition with an Ms Paint contribution.

So don't be shy and enter the wonderful world of avatar design!!

I'll be working on my own version of your request today but since it is such a broad description this could take some time...lol

On a side note, should the lantern be in Egyptian style or do you mean one of those 17th century boat lanterns or something...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 14 Aug 2018 01:10:38 -0500am311020188 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Don't worry guys and gals.

At the moment it should be quiet. Big things afoot.

In a few short months you will have new members deluging the place and you will all be up to your armpits in fun fun fun (work).

Take a well earned rest while pickings are thin.

Don't worry, be happy!

P

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

thanks mindcrime, for taking the challenge!

and of course the invitation goes to all avatar creators. i'm getting pre-excited at the idea, that i might be able to chose.

i had to look up the style of an egyptian lantern or lamp. i had none in mind. but now having seen them, i do like the look of the egyptian ones. i have one hanging on my verandah, just i thought it's arabic. it is absolutely gorgeous how it spreads lights and shades in mandala patterns at night when it is lit.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Would you believe I have been educating myself all day on how those ancient Egyptians used to light up the interior of their buildings and temples...

Apparently oil lamps and candles were the norm in the 18th dynasty although I did come across some theories about Baghdad batteries and actual lamps like know them.

Not a whole lot of those decorative lanterns being in use in the time of the 18th dynasty but maybe somebody can help me out making this avatar historically correct..

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh by the way...I did manage to throw some other elements together and was thinking of putting your lantern in the upper right corner but I can't find anything that works...

Please let me know if we are going in the right direction with this...

Peace

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join