It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wipe out North Korean regime' Top US advisor issues CHILLING warning of Trump's NEXT step

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

John Bolton, who remains a top US security advisor, said the world only had "one play left" in dealing with North Korea.

This follows remarks from US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and the South Korean Government that diplomatic efforts have not been exhausted yet.

However, Mr Bolton claimed that sanctions had no impact on Kim Jong-un's regime and one way or another the leadership will have to be toppled.

Speaking to Fox News, Mr Bolton said that US President Donald Trump should now focus on persuading China that wiping out the North Korean regime was in their national interest.
www.express.co.uk...

This could be Armageddon even if China backs down completely. I believe North Korea will take the whole world down with them if necessary.

You don't believe they can do it? I think they can.

Biochemical weapons and/or Cobalt-60 could do it. Nuclear weapons could do it.

Even standard missiles could do it if they're hitting nuclear power plants. There are enough nuclear power plants in the U.S. to cause an ELE several times over.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The US has missed its window of opportunity in dealing with North Korea. There is nothing short of military intervention which will achieve America's goals, and even then such a move is extremely risky. Kim Jong-un has outplayed the US and the rest of the world. He has won, because no one is going to go to war, despite what these warmongering individuals say.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I don't think from a legal stand point the USA can just kill Kim, China would object and I think it would do more harm than good.
I do agree something has to be done it is a hell hole, screwed if we don't screwed if we do tbh.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

In the history of US military intervention, name one time that the US administration took heed of global outcries and concerns to not warpig?

Lets take Iraq as an example. In 1993 2003, the world witnessed global protests at unprecedented levels about invading Iraq before Bushes embedded military/media behemoth delivered mega-freedoms of democracy to that country - leading to todays current trainwreck in the region. The US administration, with the assistance of the CIA made up an entire fairy tale to garner public support.

AKA: A false flag event.

Sorry @Daas, but I totally disagree that the US has missed it's opportunity here. The military stockpiles in the US have reached critical levels and have to be used so that the budget can be adjusted accordingly - weapons industry is the biggest of all the industries and when the US government decides to war, they war. No UN security council resolutions countering US militray action have ever been successful - success comes from the US, England and the others doing what they do - warpig really hard.
edit on 31/12/2017 by Sublimecraft because: date

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I always said because of nuclear power plants man can NOT have a nuclear war. If so, the nut that attacks a country with such plants will be hated till death.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
China is not going to just let that happen. NK is China's lap dog, and they are pulling the strings..they are playing passive/aggressive with the world regarding NK.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There is no simple way to deal with North Korea. Kim Jong Un knows this and can keep making threats and throwing bombs where ever he likes.
I get the feeling nobody wants to be the first country to start another war.
edit on Sun, 31 Dec 2017 04:03:33 -06000417122017000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

And it's not going to be a little war or skirmish..it's going to have world class consequences.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Uber Hawk Bolton flapping his wings of destruction again , nasty piece of work he is.
Why is it some bad smells never go away.

Mr Bolton said that US President Donald Trump should now focus on persuading China that wiping out the North Korean regime was in their national interest.

Lol , good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I don't think from a legal stand point the USA can just kill Kim, China would object and I think it would do more harm than good.
I do agree something has to be done it is a hell hole, screwed if we don't screwed if we do tbh.

The Chinese government plo0tted with the late NK uncle Un had executed to remove Un from power and install his half brother, whom Un murdered this year.

North Korea has exhausted Chinese patience. If China wants to keep N. Korea as a buffer state then their only option is to replace the government there or invade and then do it.

Absent that N.K. is on a collision course for a war they wont win creating a US allied country on the border of China.

The US / and others have made agreements over the decades with NK on ending their nuke program. After NK gets what they want out of it they always restart the program and again insist on rewards for ending their program.

NK missed its opportunity when Obama was in office.
edit on 31-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Why is North Korea so dangerous to the U.S.?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why is North Korea so dangerous to the U.S.?

Counties with nuclear weapons understand the concept of MAD - mutually assured destruction. It was the cornerstone during the cold war.

The North Korean leadership has no regard for its citizens and by extension, acts only in the interest of the dear leader to keep him in power. North Korea is a country who would use nuclear / chemical / biological weapons and not give a damn that a response for using those weapons would be nuclear.

Now that NK has weapons that can reach US soil its a major problem. Whats to stop N.K. from popping off a nuke just to level an American city? Better yet whats to stop N.K. from selling nuclear technology or nuclear weapons to a 3rd party?

After answering those questions ask yourself -
Do you take a wait and see attitude and hope for the best or prepare for the worst and try to remove the threat now before it becomes impossible.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Sanctions do sweet f#ck all as there is a global network that are happy to deal black market with them..

NK for a small country is sitting on a massive amount of range.. Yes the US "could" wipe them out but the death toll from artillery to SK and there neighbours alone would be devastating..

The ball is firmly in the US court.. No doubt the Military distustrial complex is itching for a trigger to be pulled, they love a conflict..

RA
edit on 31-12-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ummm they have ICBM capabilities that can reach anywhere in the USA. And they threaten to use any means possible to destroy us at any given time. It’s not that NK can end the USA but can attack a city or two and there is little we could do if they launch. After the first stage of a ICBM is spent there is a very slim chance of stopping it. Even THAAD and all its glory would have a VERY hard time.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Whats to stop N.K. from popping off a nuke just to level an American city?

I’d say their inevitable extinction about 20mins later is a pretty good reason that won’t happen.

...the world only had "one play left"...

This guy should really keep “the world” out of his Wet Dreams Of Death...
Sort your own sh*t out.
edit on 31-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Obama should have dealt with this a long time ago. Now NK abilities are far greater and therefore the consequences much graver. Obama's lack of spine has forced Trumps hand to a certain degree.
Little Kim can't be reasoned with so I fear this will not end well for anybody.
edit on 31-12-2017 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If the US strikes it will be limited to the launch location of the missiles. I doubt they would do much more than that. A limited strike may embolden any of China's remaining assets in the military in NK to overthrow Kim if there are any.

If NK retaliates by shelling SK they it's game on for the US, SK and Japan. I doubt NK will do this as they know it would turn the entire world against them, including China and Russia.

China could have solved the problem for quite a long time but wanted their lap dog. Now they can't contain them and probably all their assets in NK have been killed so they can't overthrow Kim. I'm a little confused why they are selling oil and violating the sanctions though it could be fear of refugees if NK falls. I love how they say they aren't violating the sanctions when they were caught red-handed. The Russians so far haven't denied it that I've seen but they've been selling oil to NK also.

I figure it will go down in the first 90 days of 2018.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I don't trust Trumps decision making in a war scenario. I think he'd be too willing to use nuclear weapons. I think the use of nuclear weapons should be avoided at all cost. Once the genie is out of the bottle it's hard to put it back. We have enough conventional means to handle the situation.

Without a doubt Kim will use chemical and or nuclear weapons. The reason we didn't win the Korean war was because of China. They'll do it again.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I don't trust Trumps decision making in a war scenario.

The 47 most outrageous lines in Donald Trump's New York Times interview

I don't think even hardcore Trumpers would actually allow Trump to babysit their children. They scream, "MAGA, Trump is winning, MAGA!" But...

It's easy to do that at a great distance. I doubt many people would trust Trump at all in their day-to-day lives.
edit on 31-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I think he'd be too willing to use nuclear weapons.

I think you're right.

The wider role for nuclear weapons against “non-nuclear strategic attacks” was one of several ways in which Trump’s approach differed from his predecessor.

“While nuclear deterrence strategies cannot prevent all conflict, they are essential to prevent nuclear attack, non-nuclear strategic attacks, and large-scale conventional aggression,” the NSS said. “Non-nuclear strategic attacks” represents a new category of threat that US nuclear weapons could be used to counter, and points towards likely changes in the Nuclear Posture Review expected in the next few weeks.
www.theguardian.com...

What's the point of having big fireworks if you don't use them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join