It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Christmas Gift...My 17 Year Old Son "Came Out" To Me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thank you
I do hope so too,that if my son does happen to be gay, his dad would be able to get past his own narrow worldview on such matters.It would break my heart if his dad would freeze him out.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I've had friends who were not as accepted by their family & its heartbreaking. You are a great person! We need more people like you in this world!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dancejunkie35

Thanks for the kind words! Have a Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This is the story of my daughter's friend.
I wanted to share with you.
She still deals with it everyday and the guilt.
Imagine a world where we love and accept, is it really more important, I wonder, to be right than to be loving and compassionate?
www.wsmv.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Bullying is becoming an epidemic thanks to social media. People hide behind a computer or smart phone and spew their hatred, without having to confront the person face to face. It pisses me off, because these bullies are nothing more than cowards, who get off hurting people's feelings. It really boils down to upbringing. Bullies are made, not born. A kid's behavior is based on how they were treated, as well as, what they were taught at home. I can sleep well knowing my wife and I raised our kids right. So sorry to hear about your daughter and her friend. In time, she'll be OK, but I'm sure this will haunt her for awhile. Take care!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Cool that you accepted it all. I never could get how some folks let their beliefs outweigh their love for their kid. I'm so glad to hear a story like in the OP.

I mean, I can't even comprehend the whole gay dude thing. Just don't get it, but hey, not my life. If it makes them happy, who the hell am I to judge?

Our daughter came out to us at Thanksgiving that she thinks she's gay. She thought it would be tough. I'm like, "your mom is bi, and my brother is gay, and the jury is still out on your brother....what makes you think we wouldn't accept you hon?" LOL.

Kids are so crazy these days. Personally, I think she's actually bi, but just hasn't figured herself out yet. She's still a virgin (her words, not mine), in her early 20's, so has some hangups already.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join