It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weight Loss?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's not that I'm huge or anyhting.. But I am a little larger than I'd like. No matter how much I try and work it off in a combination of dieting and exercise the weight doesn't come off.. It's only about 5-10 lbs. but still enough to where I want it off.. Can meditation or something of the sort help with this? Because I don't want to turn to drugs as many of the phen fen users did and grow up collecting money because I used it as they did, that's not for me..

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well how about doing as the man beside the giraffe sugests.
Exercise is the best thing.
Hydroxy cut is good though.
I think a good diet and good exercise regime is the best way to lose those pounds.
Or you can just watch oprah.
Deep

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, thanks I guess.. But to have lost the 20 or so pounds that I have already I had to keep increasing my workout pace and I feel that If I continue it will have severe reprocussions on the rest of my life..

As for what the man on the right is suggesting, I am much too young..

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by Slaviik]

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by Slaviik]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't believe mediation works, but there was a study by scientist that claimed smelling oranges and bananas stops your craving for fatty foods, I used to have this problem about 2 years ago and was like 5-10 pounds overweight but since my regular tedious exercises I was able to maintain a six pack by eating right and doing simple exercises like running, and hiking up mountains.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hydro-oxy is very dangerous and should only be taken if your doctor or physician recommends you, I had a friend that toke it and screwed up his liver. BTW Dr.Phil is deeper!
Oprah Blows!

[Edited on 7/1/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I read somewhere that one of the effects fuoride has on the brain is that it seems to mess up your ability to descriminate between hunger, and thurst. So, you are always hungry, and never thursty.

Drink more water

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There's a craze overhere in Australia that claim the ''soup diet '' has many losing alot of weight....

Not for the 'sweet tooth'' ........no bread or much carbohydrates allowed.

here's the diet .....
link todaytonight.com.au...

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
STOP!!..... move away from the donut!!!!
Just kidding...you know I think that the best thing to lose weight is to stop eating, just start walking when you get hungry and rechannel that pizza lovin, mars bars chompin energy into something healthy I get the munchies all the time but I heard something about flouride and the brain and eating when your body is really only craving water so now all I do is drink drink drink.....*hic*........ Drink plenty of water and excerise and for goodness sakes...its only 10lbs.
Fun fact:
A donut has less calories then a Bagel with cream cheese. Hmm...nevermind

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
See a doctor and get a physical.

To lose weight you have to discipline yourself.

Watch your calories and exercise.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I`m a little at loss as to why this belongs in the paranormal section, so I have moved it to Medical science where alternative and other solutions can be discussed.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Eat a miniscule amount of everything.

Start by eating one sandwich a day and just drink water, the weight will drop off in no time...

Alternatively, you could always try slimming tablets or slim fast shakes.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
what an odd place to look for answers to this question

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
First off, carbs cause you gain fat. The human body burns fat so you must eat fat to teach your body to burn it. watch those carbs. Fat and protein are what you want eat but no more than the USDA recommended amounts. Here's a link to the best site for your research..

www.intense-workout.com...

more specifically the diet section

This guy really knows what he's talking about. Its a great site. Spend a few minuted there and you'll leave motivated...

..and no its not my site I'm sorry to say but it has helped me double my benchpress and drop 2 inches off my waist while not really dieting at all...and the great thing, I cut my workout time to 30 to 40 minutes per session.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Been there..I became very overweight during my pregnancy 3 years ago and because I had always been on the smaller side, I went WAY over my weight plato. I gained 100LBS during my pregnancy-that's almost a whole other person. So it took nearly 2 years for me to lose the weight. It was so difficult because when you are that overweight you find everything you used to do difficult. You lack energy and even drive. After watching a 2 hour movie I found it difficult to get up..I felt depleted of energy and thus felt like just being lazy, because it was easiest! I was very fit and a health fanatic before I became pregnant, so I knew all the tricks (so I thought) to stay fit..but nothing I knew worked for me.

People don't understand (even I didn't before) that it's not so simple to just go workout and eat healthy to lose the weight when you are carrying around almost another person in weight and fat. I used to tell my friends that were overweight to just get in the gym or get moving..but then it happened to me and I knew it wasn't that simple!

So heres what I suggest and what worked for me..start walking at night, even if you can only get to the end of your street and back. Slowly but surely you'll make it around your entire block and even miles over time..Don't deplete your food intake, because this is what I did at first and I never could have made it around my block, because I had no food in me-no energy. Food=energy period. And that you will need to get up and get moving to losing weight and gaining muscle. Energy converts to muscle and muscle squeezes out the fat in your body like a sponge. So the more muscle you build the more fat you'll burn. You will notice too, that the more muscle you build, the hungrier you will become-and this is good! This isn't the hunger that strikes you by sitting around all day and causing you to become fat...so don't let that feeling confuse or discourage you.

Don't expect changes overnight..it took me nearly 9 months to put on 100LBS, therefore it would be impossible to remove that weight in 3 months! *Rome wasn't built in a day*
If you've been overweight for a while, then expect the changes and loss to be slow and steady at first. But then one day, maybe eight months from start-you'll look in the mirror and see someone pleasing to the eye, and you'll think, "Wow, that was easy and worth it!"

Another thing to do to help *boost* yourself, which I did, was to take a few pictures of yourself and pin them up around you..do this once a month and watch the difference in the pictures. You should see it in your face at first, weight comes off there at first for some reason. And treat yourself to things, to keep you motivated. Don't get on a scale..scales lie..muscle weighs more then fat!! Judge by your clothing and the photos.

So all in all...step, walk then run..yourself to a leaner you. And when you feel more energized and comfortable then maybe you can step in a gym and work with weights and things like that. Swimming is good too...but some aren't comfortable in a swimsuit when they feel yucky looking. But really, who cares..you know who you are on the inside and why you are there..

*Also* carbs are NEEDED!! As well as protein and fat..balance your diet, don't vanquish a food source!! This throws the body all out of whack!! And drink tons of water..water is the BEST weight loss product out there. Your body is a sponge...and just look at a sponge when it's all dried out without water..
Good luck!! I hope this helps..if you need any more info. I'll be happy to provide it to you..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Please tell me you're not serious??? Any overweight women here will likely slap you for that!

Adkins diet.... Easy to follow, works damned good, and you can eat real food. And no, you won't be cutting out carbs completely (Magestica is right, you do need them, but you don't need a lot), but at first almost nil carbs... It works well, you won't be hungry, and you'll lose that 5-10 lbs extra fast, and from the right places if you mildly exercise those places....

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
dood,
I hate to say this to you but...

eat a salad in the morning,
subway low cal sub in the evening,

and walk up hill on a tredmill or what have you for a mile or 30 mins a day, what ever comes later.

nothing serious, but you need to motivate your ass to do it.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In the last month and a half to two months I lost almost 40 lbs...36 to be exact. However I wouldn't recommend the way I did it. I have been so busy that I haven't really been eating, drinking plenty of water though. On top of that I had been doing a lot of physical work, (recently moved and had to prepare the new house). Like I said though...I am sure that what I did was not HEALTHY.

Oh yeah when I said not eating I mean not eating, maybe eat one meal a day and not a very large one at that.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Of course, don't eat and you will lose weight..but I guarantee..MOST if not all was muscle mass and water..this is why quicky diets and fads are only a temporary fix for weight loss. When you starve your body it begins to feed on itself thus feeding on any storage you have in muscle-it keeps the fat at the threat of withering away...this is our own body saving mechanisim. So although yes it's IS unhealthy K_OS-it does and can work to lose pounds according to a scale.
But I wouldn't advise this for long periods of time!

Thanks K_OS, you threw all my typing and thoughts right out the door
Just remember, easy isn't always better in the long run folks!
Magestica

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hehehe...On the up-side I wasn't actually trying to lose weight, just was too busy...lol.
I'll be back to 220 to 230lbs by winter.

(I say it is my extra layer of insulation)

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
First thing before any diet is to decide how much exercise you're going to do.

Then you can plan your food around that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join