It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump just declared a national emergency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah, but did you actually read the OP?

It looks like Trump is going after corrupt politicians

Pinch me someone, I think i am dreaming and it tastes like sugar plums.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"If you paid tax to the American government in the last hundred or so years, then you were indirectly complicit in human rights abuses, both within, and without the United States, as well as being guilty of helping to fund terrorism worldwide"

No. This is counter to the concept of a representative government. You can't expect a person to commit felonies and not pay taxes on protest. People vote and elect candidates on promises of progress and good things. The politicians become corrupt and misrepresent the people.

To suggest that's the people's fault or they should commit tax evasion as the logical solution to corrupt politicians is asinine.

Yeah let's stop paying taxes so there's no roads, healthcare if your are lucky to live in a country with that, police, fire, ambulance, water, laws, infrastructure. Lol by that logic of I ever get sick I should just drop dead -- that'll fix the sick for sure.
edit on 22-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Read what I wrote please.

At no time did I suggest that people should not be paying their taxes. What I said is that by doing so, they become complicit in the funding and enactment of efforts to remove the human rights of others, and that is an actual fact.

It is upon peoples elected representatives, to ensure that their money is never spent on these matters, that their government is never complicit in these matters, that no one who has ever or will ever represent the country in any regard at all, ever comports themselves in a manner which causes, directly or otherwise, the removal of or violation of human rights, for any person or people on the face of the world.

When they fail, they damage their nations reputation and bring the entire taxpaying public into dangerous realms, legally speaking.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so who is going to police the US in their human rights abuse and corruption and violation of the law and weapons trades or arming insurgents to overthrow a government, or bombing hospitals, or all the Americans on the list of the elusive Panama papers or trying to stop the oil pipelines through Europe or trying to get s cut in the biggest marine cargo trade zone, i. e. the south China seas

i just want to know if anyone can point me to where/when America was bestowed this authority
thx.

Cindy Lauper pardon me. Your True Colors come shining thru! Why not move to China or NK? Maybe instead a Saudi Arabia and see how human rights work if you don't live in the USA style system?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: drock905

Heres the thing.

If you paid tax to the American government in the last hundred or so years, then you were indirectly complicit in human rights abuses, both within, and without the United States, as well as being guilty of helping to fund terrorism worldwide. If you own shares, whether knowingly or at the behest of your portfolio manager, in any of the PMCs, armament companies, or any part of the MIC, then you were indirectly complicit in human rights abuses. If you own stocks in the oil companies, the mineral resource mining companies, global agribusinesses, then you are indirectly responsible for and complicit in human rights abuses at least, as well as a whole host of other criminal activity.

By the definitions put forth, everyone with investments in anything BIG, has funded and aided in the destruction of human life and the violation of the human rights of someone on the planet, and would hold legal liability in those violations, because of the financial strands which tie them to the activities involved.

How many public beheadings, and torturous murders do you think the American gov has done in the name of freedom? You sir are not very unbiased in your ignorance are you? Real murder is ok with you if an Islamo Nazi or Antifa commie does it. But send in the US Marines to save the innocent and it is bad from how you communicate to us here on ATS.

Merry Christmas and may you grow up to be a good person and quit hating people trying to stop evil.
edit on 22-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Read what I wrote please.

At no time did I suggest that people should not be paying their taxes. What I said is that by doing so, they become complicit in the funding and enactment of efforts to remove the human rights of others, and that is an actual fact.

It is upon peoples elected representatives, to ensure that their money is never spent on these matters, that their government is never complicit in these matters, that no one who has ever or will ever represent the country in any regard at all, ever comports themselves in a manner which causes, directly or otherwise, the removal of or violation of human rights, for any person or people on the face of the world.

When they fail, they damage their nations reputation and bring the entire taxpaying public into dangerous realms, legally speaking.

I respectfully disagree it reads the opposite of that and you are appearing to be illogical to the educated and playing flute for the haters just days before Saint Nick arrives.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

on the surface it just looks like a list of shady people from various countries but if you put the tin foil on (this is ats) aren't these all crimes that roughly match what trump has been accused of by the left? shady business dealings attacks on press bad treatment of protestors etc just seemed a bit odd and while probably nothing it popped out at me

Excellent point

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

(a) corruption, including the misappropriation of state assets, the expropriation of private assets for personal gain, corruption related to government contracts or the extraction of natural resources, or bribery; or

Uranium one!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Someone is going to have to Cover Its Ass...

(post by Taggart removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Meh, this is to deny US aid to other countries as payback for the recent overwhelming anti US response in the UN to the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The vote was 128 to 9 against the announcement yesterday in the UN General Assembly. This follows a lone US veto in the UN Security Council.

Prior to the vote in the General Assembly, Nikki Haley announced the US would be "Taking Names" of those who disagreed with the resolution to condemn moving the US Embassy . This will turn into reprisals by the uS, like withholding Us "Aid" (Food Aid), to punish countries for Heresy against the Empire.

This "Emergency Declaration" is a direct response to that, even though I note that ATS is hardly as outraged as the rest of the world by more repression of Palestine. I don't even see it mentioned, imagine that.

Big deal in the eyes of the rest of the world. The US stands alone pretty much, poor Deep State, they aren't getting their waaay.

Sets hair on fire, runs in circles, scream and shouts.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
This sounds like the tool the DOJ needs to bring charges....the elites have crafted laws around themselves making it almost impossible to make a charge stick.

Something like this lets you look into things like.... How does Maxine Waters live in a home that she shouldnt be able to afford

"Follow the White Rabbit" asked the same question about Nancy Pelosi. If you peruse Pelosi's Wikipedia entry, you can see she's essentially spent her entire adult life in politics, starting out as an intern for a senator. The official salary for representatives and senators isn't nearly enough to support her wealthy lifestyle.

Personally, I've asked the same question about the Obamas. They live a rich, jet-setting lifestyle and when you look into their backgrounds it's hard to see where the money for it may have come from.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

How many public beheadings? What, like those committed by ISIS, who are paid agents of the US and its allies, placed in advantageous positions by armament drops sent by the state department, and monetary assistance provided by dark money aspects of the intelligence agencies of the US and UK?

How many tortuous murders? Good question. How many of the US backed drug cartels South of the US/Mexico borders have a habit of torturing their victims before their deaths?

As for my ignorance, its ironic you should say that, because in doing so, you have rather made plain the evidence of your own wilful ignorance. I know what the US backed terror groups have done in the Middle East, but I understand that these things are nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with proxy wars between Russia and the West, proxy wars our nations governments have deliberately engineered, funded and guaranteed the continuance of, by way of consistent failures of foreign policy, failures so obvious that they are clearly not failures at all, but deliberate efforts to keep the situation unstable. For the record, the reason I do not use terms like "Islamic terrorism" is because the term is inaccurate. Its proxy war, not terrorism sponsored or centred around any particular religious ideology, and I know that, because it works the exact same way when set up to inspire narco terror, and the same damned way when its set up to support the smuggling of conflict minerals from Africa, and the exact same when its set up to support a change in regime for business reasons, usually having to do with oil futures. Its transparent to all bar the deliberately, willfully ignorant, and I refuse to allow the wool to go over my eyes in that regard. You will NOT lambast me for that, because this is a noble and proper thing, not a mark against my character, but proof of its high quality.

And as for Antifa...

Well, if they were alive in the 1940s, they would have been known as the Allied Troops, a fact lost on the terminally moronic. How about this. When you can see the wood for the trees, you may consider yourself fit to advise me on the progression of my maturity. However, until then, you can keep your "advice", and further, reflect upon your own intellectual and moral collapse. In closing, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. I sincerely hope Jesus comes into your life to peel the scales from your eyes, because you are going to be walking into metaphorical lamp posts till the day you die, if he does not.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I love President Trump, he is a great leader. But that was funny

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yeah, but did you actually read the OP?

It looks like Trump is going after corrupt politicians

Not really. He can't shake things up too much without Trump University being brought up again, or His other bankruptcies that amount to the GDP of some third world nations.
Saying "locker room talk" isn't going to save him the next round of that also.

Still waiting on all these bold predictions I've heard since January.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This kills the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Those things would still be funded by state tax, and filled in by private volunteers much as the founders intended.

They don't deserve a dime until they learn to balance a damn budget.

As it stands, you will turn over ~40% of your income to the feds. You won't see any of it though, as your money (and all our money) is being used to pay back debt to unscrupulous banking cartels. Americans are essentially farmed for their income, and used to aid a bloated and overstepping Fed.

I may be #1 Trump fan, but unlike certain people I am not shortsighted. I can see that someone not-Trump will be in office, and I want to see the federal government deflated and defanged as much as humanly possible before that happens. God forbid a Democrat actually get elected to that office (couldn't imagine why, they are the reason for our huge debt crisis - them and our ridiculous military budget).

Side note: We have nuclear weapons and drones, time to stop spending more than the entire world combined on our military. I hate to be a broken record, but standing armies have historically been used to bring tyranny by rulers. There are certain armies authorized in the Constitution, but our founding fathers spoke very clearly about standing military forces. Why do we simply ignore this part of the Constitution?

Time for the GOP to demonstrate its fiscally conservative nature by putting its money where its mouth it. We will no doubt slash many "social" programs, which is great. But we also need to go after the massive waste and total lack of accountability in the Pentagon. Just before 9/11/01, SECDEF said there was trillions of dollars that had simply vanished from the Pentagon. Clearly these institutions are not immune to the corruption, grift and criminality that has infected the rest of the federal government.
edit on 12/22/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is great news. It sounds like Trump is about to call out his Presidency for corruption. Maybe everyone on Capitol Hill will be forced to resign and the people can have a full do-over. Exciting times, indeed.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Why does all that need to be done? Why attack the low class?

How many trillions are too many.
We just added another trillion plus and everybody is happy. Everyone is going to get increased wages, jobs are coming back, revenue will increase, Wal street is giddy, retirements will be increase.
Trump and trepublicans proved yesterday deficits don’t matter. Let’s enjoy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

There is no "do-over." Worst case scenario we get Pence or Ryan as POTUS to finish the term, which isn't that great of a scenario. Best case, Trump gets re-elected in 2020, and we get to benefit from his great leadership for 7 more years.

I mean they're both OK, but Pence is a religious fundamentalist and Ryan is about as establishment as they get.

Trump won't be going anywhere. Not because of Mueller or any other reason. I think the left is finally starting to see this. Even his detractors are starting to show him respect.
edit on 12/22/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join