It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump just declared a national emergency

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

an Isreli was named so i dont think its related to UN thingy least not yet

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: drock905
In a letter to Congress president trump declared a national emergency concerning the threat to the United States from corruption and human rights abuses. It appears to be an expansion and or clarification of the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Its all very interesting but the part that really jumped out at me was this section:

“The order blocks the property and interests in property of persons listed in the Annex to the order. It also blocks the property and interests in property of any foreign person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Attorney General:

(1) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have directly or indirectly engaged in, serious human rights abuse;

(2) to be a current or former government official, or a person acting for or on behalf of such an official, who is responsible for or complicit in, or has directly or indirectly engaged in:

(a) corruption, including the misappropriation of state assets, the expropriation of private assets for personal gain, corruption related to government contracts or the extraction of natural resources, or bribery; or

(b) the transfer or the facilitation of the transfer of the proceeds of corruption”

This appears to single out US politicians. Is this the first step to actually cleaning up Washington?

Something definitely seems to be going on.... is this the signal?

Wow this could be big in terms of seeing some criminal prosecutions. The Uranium One thing comes to mind and much more.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: drock905

According to MegaAnon, all of the people listed in the annex had their accounts frozen this morning. She said they all would "wake up broke". It could have been yesterday but I think it was this am. So that everyone can see who is guilty.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah, but did you actually read the OP?

It looks like Trump is going after corrupt politicians

Not really. He can't shake things up too much without Trump University being brought up again, or His other bankruptcies that amount to the GDP of some third world nations.
Saying "locker room talk" isn't going to save him the next round of that also.

He can shake up the entire Titanic until it sinks if he is minded to.
Trump University is a CIVIL matter and not going to be anything to do with this 'government' corruption thing.

edit on 22-12-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The phrasing of the order makes me think it is directly targeting hillary for the uranium deal, among other things. It is also a great way to smoke out the vermin. Lets see who jumps ship before they get caught in the net. This is going to be fun to watch. Will anyone give me odds on hillary being admitted to a hospital or care center in the next 72 hours?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
First off, one needs to take note that everything under the "human rights violations" banner is covered adnauseum by everything from UN resolutions to promises from religious groups. The US does not need an EO to "go after human rights violators/traffickers or scumbags - we've bombed countries under this theme for decades." There is deeper meaning here.

I think there are some things to note if you look carefully at the legal language here.

The Secretary Of the Treasury is named as the number 1 here. Money, rather then the usual take people to jail which takes forever. The placement of the SOT at the number one says, "we're taking money away no matter how we find it connected." In theory for those clambering for the Clinton's to go jail, this part suggests they could wake up entirely broke.

"to be a current or former government official, or a person acting for or on behalf of such an official, who is responsible for or complicit in, or has directly or indirectly engaged in: (a) corruption, including the misappropriation of state assets, the expropriation of private assets for personal gain, corruption related to government contracts or the extraction of natural resources, or bribery; ...

This section is very broad and is looking for heads, not lackys and clearly includes anyone in government at all.

"(a) the term “person” means an individual or entity;
(b) the term “entity” means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization; and
(c) the term “United States person” means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States."

This establishes the "legal" version of a person to be inclusive. Legally a "person" is a corporate entity and not a human being. In this case the EO seems to include those who may claim they are not included because they were not in charge of anything. Again, those who crave Clinton collapse this suggests their connection to anything, as determined outside the usual channels of FBI/Indictment/charge/trial, leading too... could see them waking up broke.

"Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to take such actions..."

Notice he bypassed the usual system there. This is about money and getting to the accounts and seizing them. SOS suggests the department of defense is the enforcer, which is more war then crimes. If I read correctly this will not be a public action, and will not include the usual channels which many hate for its corruption and foot dragging.

How any of this gets implemented is to be seen, but it is clear by this that something is different with regard to the process. If he wanted to get the usual headlines he'd of said, "we hate human trafficking/rights violators, i have an EO that lets law enforcement go after assets" which is not only not new, has proved to be pointless overall - we've gone to war over all of this we don't need a new EO. I see nothing in that order that prevents any US official from waking up broke if the SOT determines they profited in ways that are detrimental to the population. It appears there is no due process here.

If I read this correctly, there a hell of a lot of government officials that should be panicked, as they get no due process here, they are not charged with crimes, simply they are going to wake up without money, and running to the press with "my assets were seized by the SOT without process" would get nothing from a population that lives with civil asset forfeiture. In fact, I see this as civil asset forfeiture for government officials and others who are actually above the law.

If I read the intent correctly, this is very interesting, as it is a way that the worse offenders cannot escape in the usual ways and they will not know it is coming. No perp walks but some very strange sequences. My suspicion here is these seizures are already prepared and the EO is the go ahead.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

The one thought going through my mind...is this how Trump plans to reduce the deficit? I mean the assets of some of the corrupted could easily balance the government budget and then, begin to reduce the debt, yes?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Not really. He can't shake things up too much without Trump University being brought up again, or His other bankruptcies that amount to the GDP of some third world nations.

The clintons made more money off fraudulent for-profit universities than Trump ever could, even with his very own for-profit "university." But, just cling to your bumper sticker beliefs , and shout them out loud for everyone to hear when it's least relevant.... like now.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's simple. Accuse the enemy of what you yourself are doing. I'd wager that a good 90% of Washington is corrupt, but his only motive here is to take the focus off of himself. The most corrupt of all.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It kind of looks like Trump is trying to fight some of the people who are trying to seize control of our country from overseas. This is a real threat, they also are funding political candidates. This is a real problem, some of these people do not have our best interests in mind, they want to control our country and we would be expendable pawns.

I am not sure that Trump will get anything accomplished with this, these people are very powerful people.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I disagree, if anything, Trump is bringing worldwide attention to them...and that is SOMETHING! Their future actions and connections will all be more scrutinized than they ever have.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

His bankruptcies were not his, they were companies and if you actually knew what you were talking about, he actually tried to save the business before they went under. Hate to tell you, but most people in Atlantic City went bankrupt, but you didn't know that because you just listen to nonsensical "bankruptcy" talk. I'm not going to explain to you in full detail what happened, but you can go research for yourself and come to a better understanding of what actually happened in your bankruptcy statement.

Locker room talk has nothing to do with this. Has nothing to do with corruption or aiding foreign governments.

Trump University is settled. So no idea why you are even spouting off about that.

None of these things you have brought up have been deemed illegal to this point in time, and won't be.
edit on 22-12-2017 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Trump train coming through.

Choo choo mofos

edit on 12 22 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

You're mistaken. Trump University was not done while he was in government. It's a nothing burger.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Trump train coming through.

Choo choo mofos

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
It's simple. Accuse the enemy of what you yourself are doing. I'd wager that a good 90% of Washington is corrupt, but his only motive here is to take the focus off of himself. The most corrupt of all.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: intrptr

an Isreli was named so i don't think its related to UN thingy least not yet

That is whats behind it. Downplayed of course by the MSM, just like the world wide riots behind the announcement to move the US embassy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

It's simple. Accuse the enemy of what you yourself are doing.

And blame the victim for that you are about to do to them.

Bullies talk like this:

You better watch out or you're going to get it.

This is for your own good.

Look what you made me do.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
National emergency. Really? Where do you people come up with this s##t?

Must be another pathetic attempt to relieve your conscious for voting a

complete clown into the most powerful position in the world.

Cut my twitter feed. National Emergency

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
National emergency. Really? Where do you people come up with this s##t?

Must be another pathetic attempt to relieve your conscious for voting a

complete clown into the most powerful position in the world.

Cut my twitter feed. National Emergency

Didnt bother to read the thread before posting did ya?

Yes - National Emergency as provided for in one of the 2 statutes the op article listed.

Again from page 3 -

From what I read reference the 2 laws cited it only applies to threats originating from outside the US (International Emergency Economic Powers Act) and only applies to foreign nationals or foreign nationals working for a foreign government (Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act ).

The good news is the IEEPA was redrafted by Congress and signed into law to place oversight into the emergency powers granted under it.

From what I see it is not directed at US citizens nor US politicians as they would already fall under current US law.

What it does look like is a policy shift by this administration compared to previous administration in terms of priority.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join