It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the fall had to occur

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

He's just boasting to be seen of men........."HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M AWESOME, BECAUSE I SAVE LIVES"..........HA!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I am daily convinced that christians are crazy and should not be given positions of power.
The Christians who get it would sooner serve in a lowly place of serving others .Calling us crazy is not far off the mark but its that we are crazy for Jesus Christ .

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Not "magical" fruit of sin, but the fruit that brought about the KNOWLEDGE of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I am daily convinced that christians are crazy and should not be given positions of power.
The Christians who get it would sooner serve in a lowly place of serving others .Calling us crazy is not far off the mark but its that we are crazy for Jesus Christ .

Amen.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Apples were not native to the middle east but I guess the forbidden fig is harder to market then paintings of buxom naked women eating a juicy magic apple of sin.

Magic apples were indeed indigenous to the Middle East, they historically grew in only one locality in that region which has since been obliterated due to anthropomorphic activity.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

No one knows. Every one has a guess or intuitive feeling. I'm leaning toward the idea that Adam and Eve are metaphors for the first Homo Sapien Sapiens. They were the first to achieve a level of self-reflection and self-awareness. This physical evolution lead to a spiritual evolution as well. Multiple changes, too numerous to number here, to the ability to perceive and interact with the spiritual world came along with this change. That is what is signified by "The Fall". It is a metaphor for our change to purely physical beings. The tree is a representation of our earlier status, pre-human, and the snake is a representation of the activation of this change. The Fall was inevitable, not because humans are sinful creatures, but because the idea of free will is necessary for the accomplishment of the Cosmic ends.

Honestly, tomes have been written about this and the above summary doesn't do the idea justice.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

This is nothing more than Gnosticism from top to bottom. Believe it if you wish, just realize that there is nothing Biblical about it, you didn't get it from God. When the time comes, this will be between you and God.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dcopymope

Again, watch the video. You will either except the answer or you won't.

The video is stupid. Your starting from a place where you have already accepted that a bunch of # actually happened. You literally have to believe in some crazy # to get this far into this explanation. All the while you are forgetting to bring any proof that this god you believe in, even exists.

Shouldn’t we start with proving that this god of yours is real? before you start attributing all of these motivations to him? It looks a lot like you are projecting your own motivations onto this thing. It is a way for you to feel above others. You can point around at people and arbitrarily judge them by your fav book. The book tells you what to like and what not to like, and then you expand on it to include anyone who disagrees with you. It’s just a book. A fictional book full of the things that people believed thousands of years ago. Meanwhile, some of us already know not to be dicks to people while your still spouting about adam and eve and atonement for things that never happened to a god that doesn’t exist. Those stories are old man. God isn’t real. That stuff didn’t happen.

I see no dif between islam and christianity. Both are worthless at anything except creating people who think they need to force others to comply with them.

Prove any god exists before you start telling people what he’s like.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well if you really want to discuss magic apples then I'm going to have bring to the table a professional magic apple user Eris herself.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

He's just boasting to be seen of men........."HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M AWESOME, BECAUSE I SAVE LIVES"..........HA!!!!
You don’t respect people who save lives? Huh.... wierd.....

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The video is stupid. Your starting from a place where you have already accepted that a bunch of # actually happened. You literally have to believe in some crazy # to get this far into this explanation. All the while you are forgetting to bring any proof that this god you believe in, even exists.

Shouldn’t we start with proving that this god of yours is real? before you start attributing all of these motivations to him? It looks a lot like you are projecting your own motivations onto this thing. It is a way for you to feel above others. You can point around at people and arbitrarily judge them by your fav book. The book tells you what to like and what not to like, and then you expand on it to include anyone who disagrees with you. It’s just a book. A fictional book full of the things that people believed thousands of years ago. Meanwhile, some of us already know not to be dicks to people while your still spouting about adam and eve and atonement for things that never happened to a god that doesn’t exist. Those stories are old man. God isn’t real. That stuff didn’t happen.

I see no dif between islam and christianity. Both are worthless at anything except creating people who think they need to force others to comply with them.

The Israelite's had all the proof they needed. Yet all that proof never worked out for them. So why should God waste his time with someone as faithless as you? HA!!!!

(John 20:26-29) "¶ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. [27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. [28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. [29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

edit on 19-12-2017 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

The christians who “get” the story that you’re selling consists of you. I’ve never found two christians who agree with eachother about everything. Which would be pretty important if you wanted to have a good idea of what christians should believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The Israelite's had all the proof they needed. Yet all that proof never worked out for them. So why should God waste his time with someone as faithless as you? HA!!!!

(John 20:26-29) "¶ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. [27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. [28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. [29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Lol. Yea, why would any god want more people to believe in him?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No, I just don't care if you did or not, because the only savior that matters to me is Jesus Christ. So what, you want brownie points?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He didn't send his only begotten son for nothing. Believe in him with all your heart, mind and soul, repent of your sins and you shall be saved.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No, I just don't care if you did or not, because the only savior that matters to me is Jesus Christ. So what, you want brownie points?
You don’t care about doctors? Firefighters? Your friends, family, military? People who pull animals out of freezing water?

Just jesus? Why do you like jesus so much then?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

He didn't send his only begotten son for nothing. Believe in him with all your heart, mind and soul, repent of your sins and you shall be saved.
You might as well throw holy water at me if you think that #s gonna work.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

well, apperently it was all for nothing if the world is so full of evil and horrible people. You’re not very good at this selling your religion stuff are you?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Oh, Discordia. I'm screwed.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Not that I don't care about those in some capacity of service, I just don't care for anyone boasting about it like you as if you are more important than you really are. It has nothing to do with this thread anyway. If you want to talk about firefighters, then this isn't the forum for you. Jesus Christ is the one that saves souls, which elevates his name above all others, above your doctor, or firefighter, friends, family, or anyone in the military.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join