It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the fall had to occur

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This video answers the often asked question (among others) from believers and non-believers alike concerning Adam and Eve's temptation in Eden and why God allowed it to happen. These types of philosophical questions I make light of in this video has never been answered the way I do that I know of. The way I see, this is the ONLY real answer anyone can give. The video is less than six minutes, but to boil it down, the fall had to occur because the fall was inevitable, which makes the need for an atonement inevitable.

edit on 19-12-2017 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dcopymope
This video answers the often asked question (among others) from believers and non-believers alike concerning Adam and Eve's temptation in Eden and why God allowed it to happen. These types of philosophical questions I make light of in this video has never been answered the way I do that I know of. The way I see, this is the ONLY real answer anyone can give. The video is less than six minutes, but to boil it down, the fall had to occur because the fall was inevitable, which makes the need for an atonement inevitable.

That is a circular argument. Atonement for what?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden and one day Adam said "Wow Eve, here we are. One with nature, one with God, we will never age, we will never die and all our dreams come true the instant that we have them."

And Eve said "Yeah.... It's just not enough is it?"

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Atonement for what?

Eating a magic apple. Duh.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Atonement for our sins of course, of which Adam and Eve brought about, which I make very clear was going to happen whether they ate of the tree that introduced sin into the world or not. I explain why God put the tree in the garden in the video, enjoy.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Good vid
Atonement is a big study

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Atonement for what?

Well, i do see why some folks feel the need to invoke magic to explain the impossible # they believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Atonement for our sins of course, of which Adam and Eve brought about, which I make very clear was going to happen whether they ate of the tree that introduced sin into the world or not. I explain why God put the tree in the garden in the video, enjoy.
Why would a god need such a complicated and convoluted process to bring about a situation that requires us to be in some kind of debt to him? It seems the less your story makes actual sense, the more mysterious god has to be to explain the need for it to be there.

I’m guessing god didn’t tell you any of this? You just figured it all out on your own?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Good vid
Atonement is a big study

Yep, my video and the video you posted makes for an even more complete explanation, and as your video states:

"If Gods going to rid the world of evil, he'll have to get rid of us"

Exactly, not get rid of the tree that brought about the knowledge of evil, but instead get rid of us. The tree is not important, because God knew that evil itself, or sin was going to crop up within humanity just like it did within Satan sooner or later whether there was a tree or not. This is what people need to understand concerning the need for a savior.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Why would a god need such a complicated and convoluted process to bring about a situation that requires us to be in some kind of debt to him?
So a Fireman rushes into a burning building putting his own life on the line to rescue you . Now he may be a paid fireman or may be a volunteer but in both cases society calls him a hero and you have a debt of gratitude to him or one would imagine you could but you might not . Why would that be ?

link   

Good vid
Atonement is a big study
Atonement for what?

link   

Again, watch the video. You will either except the answer or you won't.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Your genitals make you a bad and sinful person.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Why would a god need such a complicated and convoluted process to bring about a situation that requires us to be in some kind of debt to him?
So a Fireman rushes into a burning building putting his own life on the line to rescue you . Now he may be a paid fireman or may be a volunteer but in both cases society calls him a hero and you have a debt of gratitude to him or one would imagine you could but you might not . Why would that be ?
i respect people who put their lives on the line for others. I have done it myself many times. What does that have to do with god or religion?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

Frankly I cannot dispute that argument.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

I will have the missus deal out out a good spanking for that then.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Good vid
Atonement is a big study

Yep, my video and the video you posted makes for an even more complete explanation, and as your video states:

"If Gods going to rid the world of evil, he'll have to get rid of us"

Exactly, not get rid of the tree that brought about the knowledge of evil, but instead get rid of us. The tree is not important, because God knew that evil itself, or sin was going to crop up within humanity just like it did within Satan sooner or later whether there was a tree or not. This is what people need to understand concerning the need for a savior.
I am daily convinced that christians are crazy and should not be given positions of power.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

i respect people who put their lives on the line for others. I have done it myself many times.
Why ?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

.........Good for you sir. My feelings are so hurt. Got anything valuable to say, or are you just going to be another one of those guys to be ignored?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Atonement for what?

Not to be that type of nerd.....but I'm gonna be that that type of nerd.

Apples were not native to the middle east but I guess the forbidden fig is harder to market then paintings of buxom naked women eating a juicy magic apple of sin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join