It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo CEO admits he won’t use his tax windfall to create more jobs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: introvert

Well it doubles the standard deduction, increases child tax credits and cuts about 2% from each bracket. Like I said read the bill not CNN

I have read it and you appear to be a good example of what I am talking about.

Throw the American people a small bone and they will love you for it.

Doubles the standard deduction?

Big #ing deal! The way taxes work, that does not amount to much at all.

And yet you would desire people pay more.

I said nothing of the sort.

The member I was conversing with had said this plan would benefit the lower and middle classes very highly. Which is a misrepresentation in my opinion, even with a doubling of the standard deduction.

It's small potatoes. Small bones for people to chew on while they think they got a sweet deal.

A doubling of the standard is not something to whoop and holler about or get on our knees and praise Trump/congress for.

BS. A couple thousand dollars of my own money not taken from me each year as it has been in past years is absolutely a sweet deal. Understanding I will not see what I actually want, that being a dismantling of the illogical, questionably Constitutional, and certainly conflicting of interest tax system in it's entirety, this tax plan does represent a "sweet deal" for the middle class. As for the "poor", it represents a very sweet deal to them when compared to what I would advocate. Personally, I think we need to have a much more fair system... in that I mean either nobody pays income tax or every earner pays income tax. Just because someone is "poor" shouldn't abdicate them from the responsibilities demanded of the rest of us. If most Americans are demanded to pay net positive income tax on their earnings, all Americans should be required to do so. It's called "equal treatment under the law" and it is absolutely necessary to avoid having nonsense like Kept Voters who whore their vote in exchange for political positions that redistribute more of others' money directly into their accounts.

You prove my point.

You take the small bones they throw at you, claiming it is a sweet deal, and will not raise a fuss, will even defend them in fact, while they still did nothing remotely close to what you would "actually want".

Tell me how that is supposed to make any damn sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Lets look at the tax plan from a strictly neutral point of view, shall we?

If the tax plan benefits more regular people, then they will vote in republicans in 2018.

If the tax plan harms more people then they will vote in democrats.

Honestly though, I (for the life of me) can't understand why people are against a tax cut.

It boggles the mind!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Straight up, "Flat tax". 10, 15, ..20% cross the board! It allows the "tax payer" to "budget". And "FORCES" the "Government" to budget... Simple math, done in tenths and/or fifths.. No "lawyer talk" needed. None of this "blank check".. Great Gandkids will "deal with it" bs "law". Then some (lib) will say, "but how do I remain safe, if I can't hire someone else to protect my "freedom"? I'd simply say, F you! You have no idea what "freedom' even is/or means... We as a nation, need to marginalize the cowards/educated, uncivilized, and go foward with rational and commonsense solutions.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

This is old news. Only the jealous and envious care.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Probably because it's more than they would ever get from a Democrat..

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the tax plan benefits more regular people, then they will vote in republicans in 2018.

Honestly though, I (for the life of me) can't understand why people are against a tax cut.

It boggles the mind!

Agreed! I'm more of a fair tax guy but I'll take a cut any day!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I am looking at where large corporations, like GE, that one year it came out that it did not pay any taxes for the billions it made in the USA due to loop holes in the tax code. And there in lies the problems right there, and when it takes a team just to figure out what all is in the code, is the other problem.

Every year the politicians, especially when it comes about voting time, have to raise taxes and try to spin it off as being a cut for one group or another, only pandering to special interest groups. Not all people pay taxes, however, not all those not paying taxes, are very poor, and tend to be far more wealthier than the man on the street. And that too needs to change.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The US has some of the highest corporate taxes in the world. It has done nothing for the poor. So how do you square that circle?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Wars.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned that Wells Fargo CEO can use his tax savings in tampons....

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The US has some of the highest corporate taxes in the world. It has done nothing for the poor. So how do you square that circle?

Sure it has. It has driven corporations out of this country, and the jobs with them. So, it created more poor and unemployed. Square that triangle.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think if CEO’s were not afraid to speak out they would tell america they are sick of paying for wars with no return.
Then programs that help struggling americans would not be an issue.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You take the small bones they throw at you, claiming it is a sweet deal, and will not raise a fuss, will even defend them in fact, while they still did nothing remotely close to what you would "actually want".

Tell me how that is supposed to make any damn sense.

It's called "compromise" and, in politics, it has long been considered a dirty word that everybody wants the other side to participate in.

ETA: I will celebrate anything that directly equals me keeping more of my own earnings, period.
edit on 19-12-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I think if CEO’s were not afraid to speak out they would tell america they are sick of paying for wars with no return.
Then programs that help struggling americans would not be an issue.

I 100% agree. America should be claiming spoils from these wars. There was simply no reason nor justification for the USA to not lay full claim to Iraq's oil fields and resources following the Gulf War.
edit on 19-12-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Wars.

I don't understand.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sure.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think at this point the corp's just don't give a rats ass, taxed or not they will do whatever makes them the most money, which is manufacturing outside of N.A.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I would be surprised if MOMof3 was suggesting you plunder the countries you choose to invade and f--- with.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I would be surprised if MOMof3 was suggesting you plunder the countries you choose to invade and f--- with.

You know, I would be surprised, too. That said, it's really the only concept that makes war simultaneously a bad choice and a sensible one. People are much less likely to start crap if they have a chance of losing everything in the process while countries who are the first called on to clean up the world's messes actually have a logical reason to be that white knight all the time. It's an aspect of war which never should have been veered from.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It boggles the mind!

I have $20,600,000,000,000 reasons why we should not cut taxes and instead pay off Bush's and Obama's tag teams war monger debts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join