It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo CEO admits he won’t use his tax windfall to create more jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Since and including Reagan.

We have WW II style debt with out the war.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well it doubles the standard deduction, increases child tax credits and cuts about 2% from each bracket. Like I said read the bill not CNN

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds about par for the course since at least the 70's.

Exactly.

This tax plan is just more of the same from the same brand of politicians.

It serves the interests of big business, strokes the American people just enough to keep them happy and does nothing to force fiscal responsibility with future budgets.

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

More deflections from the "resistance"

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

...The cuts will buy them a million dollar yacht, or a second Italian villa. But more than likely it will wind up hidden in an off shore bank account so as to be tax-free. la dee da.

He who hath ears, let him listen.

Or, it will benefit the many thousands of investors of Well's Fargo. You know, people like those that have a 401K retirement fund for their future. Those that have worked and slaved for decades, paid into it, only to see it drop by 2/3 or completely crash under the last administration.

Yeah, those people are not buying yachts and Italian villas. They are the people you are referring to when you say that are getting shafted. The reality is they got shafted from 2008 -2015. Now its time to bring the value of their earned retirement investments back up to the point where they will be able to retire and enjoy it without eating cat food.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The biggest impact of "trickle down" is investment.

But why does 'trickle-down' always smell like pee?

(post by bender151 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Well it doubles the standard deduction, increases child tax credits and cuts about 2% from each bracket. Like I said read the bill not CNN

I have read it and you appear to be a good example of what I am talking about.

Throw the American people a small bone and they will love you for it.

Doubles the standard deduction?

Big #ing deal! The way taxes work, that does not amount to much at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm sure he was paid handsomely to make those "comments".

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't want anybody to need to eat cat food. Including those sick and disabled people who have benefited from Meals on Wheels.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Cool, and what exactly would you do. Your Messiah did jack # in his 8 yrs in office and you have the nerve to bitch and moan about a potus that actually gets # done.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: rickymouse

Because that $7 million tax break given to Carrier last year really did a wowzer for Indiana right? Or did Carrier continue to cut and ship jobs to Mexico in the end?

How many excuses?

Who was president last year? Dingus.

If I remember correctly, that deal was one Trump brokered.

It was a big deal at the time.

(post by avgguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Cool, and what exactly would you do. Your Messiah did jack # in his 8 yrs in office and you have the nerve to bitch and moan about a potus that actually gets # done.

My messiah? I was not an Obama supporter.

Anyway, what did Trump actually get done? He worked with he GOP to push a tax plan that uses ideas/tactics that we have used in years past?

What's new in this plan?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't want anybody to need to eat cat food. Including those sick and disabled people who have benefited from Meals on Wheels.

You mean the privately funded organization that depends upon donations from those that can afford to donate, like those awful "rich people" you are whining about? Yeah, how will it affect Meals on Wheels if they lose those donations another year? Eventually, they will no longer be able to be in business. That is very smart, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Meals on wheels is privately funded dingus

They receive 35% of their funding from the feds. The rest is community based. The federal money cannot be used to feed those less than 60 years old. ("dingus" made me laugh though.)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Take a circle, caress it, and it becomes vicious.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Meals on wheels is privately funded dingus

They receive 35% of their funding from the feds. The rest is community based. The federal money cannot be used to feed those less than 60 years old. ("dingus" made me laugh though.)

And who in the "community" do you think makes the most donations? I am willing to bet it is NOT the people working at a fast food place for minimum wage.

Try to see beyond your hate for those successful people.

ETA: Using your own estimate, how can an organization stay in business when 65% of their investors are pinched so much that stop donating? Ever think of that aspect?

edit on 12/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's actually 3% nice try though

"Meals on Wheels is a membership organization, with 5,000 community-based programs that provide services to seniors. Though the membership organization gets a small amount of federal funding ($248,000 in 2015, about 3 percent of its operating budget), the broader network that actually provides services is a diffuse group of organizations with varied sources of funding."

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Somebody is lying. I just watched today interviews with 3or4 repub congressman who said Employers will increase wages because of this tax giveaway. Like 3-4K is what trump said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join