It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo CEO admits he won’t use his tax windfall to create more jobs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Wow!!! an article from Clinton News Network.... worth a 2 peso bill on my book... got anything that is NOT FAKE NEWS ?

FAKE NEWS!!! Must be all in caps. Repeat until more people believe it is the only truth just as you believe.

Sheep says what?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

...The cuts will buy them a million dollar yacht, or a second Italian villa. But more than likely it will wind up hidden in an off shore bank account so as to be tax-free. la dee da.

He who hath ears, let him listen.

And who do you think builds that yacht? Hint, it’s not millionaires. And retirement and pensions go up when stock prices (earnings) go up...that benefits the middle income. What needs to be addressed is H1B visas and repatriation of us companies back to the us.

edit on 19-12-2017 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well, if they don't need more employees...why create more jobs and hire more people?

And who would willingly take a pay cut?

You don't become a wealthy CEO by being a virtuous, compassionate, emotionally intelligent person with gobs of empathy.

There was a study somewhere that the wealthiest people in the world had higher rates of psychopathy among them...I can't remember the title/who did it though.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't want anybody to need to eat cat food. Including those sick and disabled people who have benefited from Meals on Wheels.

You mean the privately funded organization that depends upon donations from those that can afford to donate, like those awful "rich people" you are whining about? Yeah, how will it affect Meals on Wheels if they lose those donations another year? Eventually, they will no longer be able to be in business. That is very smart, isn't it?

Uh uh except the plan removes itemized deductions for donations so if folks can no longer write off these donations, you can’t truly believe they’ll be in good shape, do you?

I work for a non profit and I’m never going to afford to retire so it must be nice sitting where you’re at.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: angeldoll

According to polls HRC had a 95% chance of winning on election night

According to polls, Trump's tax plan is less popular than Bill Clinton's tax increase.

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: avgguy

First page of the thread and we're already hearing about Hillary Clinton and the 2016 election.

Has nothing to do with the thread.

I thought this was funny. Op can't even take a joke

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
More fake news from the liberals...Nobody will be putting any of that money into a tin can and burying it in their back yard...It will find its way to someone who needs that money to start a business or to buy something that will increase someone else's business...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't want anybody to need to eat cat food. Including those sick and disabled people who have benefited from Meals on Wheels.

You mean the privately funded organization that depends upon donations from those that can afford to donate, like those awful "rich people" you are whining about? Yeah, how will it affect Meals on Wheels if they lose those donations another year? Eventually, they will no longer be able to be in business. That is very smart, isn't it?

Uh uh except the plan removes itemized deductions for donations so if folks can no longer write off these donations, you can’t truly believe they’ll be in good shape, do you?

I work for a non profit and I’m never going to afford to retire so it must be nice sitting where you’re at.
You must spend all your time watching CNN or NBC...Charitable donation deductions are still intact...

I'll bet you voted for the Democrat...The ones that got you into this mess...Trump is bringing jobs back to the U.S.A. and you're broke and whining about Trump's policies that are going to help you increase your standard of living...I can't figure you guys out...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Bring what jobs back? Full employment is 5%. In 2016 it was 4.9 and is now 4.2. Wages, health insurance premiums, housing is what trump and republicans campaigned on. Corker and trump are laughing at the fools all the way to the bank.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

To me this is the fallacy of any "tax cut to create jobs" idea. Tax cuts always should be directly TIED to job creation, not the other way around, IE, you get a tax credit for documentation that the tax windfall will be used to create long term decent jobs, IF the purpose is supposed to be job creation. If that is why we are supposedly doing this, that's what should be instituted, but it seems whenever one of these tax cuts is initiated, it never comes with such stipulations, I suspect a lot of the previous tax cuts were used to create factories overseas to move the labor there. I know some people will argue that "its their money anyway", Ok, fine, but don't tell people you are cutting taxes to create jobs if that's the case. I do believe lowering the corporate tax rate is a very good idea if in fact its for the purpose of capital investments that will create jobs, but if its just to give the shareholders more money its not going to do a thing to improve our economy.
edit on 20-12-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Isn't Wells Fargo the greedy banksters that defrauded their own customers by taking out two million loans in their name?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
More fake news from the liberals...Nobody will be putting any of that money into a tin can and burying it in their back yard...It will find its way to someone who needs that money to start a business or to buy something that will increase someone else's business...

Right, because the last two times a President put up a 'trickle-down-economics' package things worked out so great. Learn from history or risk repeating it --- unless you really don't care what happens. This whole move is politics 101. Get into power, write legislation that benefits you and your minions, create some BS about how it's 'all for the middle class' so the uninformed masses let you do your thing, and then get out of town when the bill comes due. It's all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wells Fargo CEO admits he won’t use his tax windfall to create more jobs

And water is wet, they gave 0 fks about a deficit they cried about , but some folks will always vote against their interest, just to spite the other side, as I'm sure the vast majority of Trumpets will benefit in no way from this admin's king john's tax policies, rob from the poor and working class and keep it.
edit on 20-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Right people and trickle up has done wonders for everyone.

All I see is demagoguery and evil banks.

Wells Fargo is nothing to judge by after their accounting frauds.

And Buffet being the largest stake holder.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Wow!!! an article from Clinton News Network.... worth a 2 peso bill on my book... got anything that is NOT FAKE NEWS ?

So an interview with the CEO, saying on record is fake news now?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

It didn't happen under Reagan and it didn't happen under Bush. Instead the rich got richer, the middle class stagnated, and the poverty level rose. Why do you think this time will be any different?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

An amendment to the bill was proposed that would require any raises a CEO receives to be a comparable percentage to what employee wages are increased. Every single Republican voted against it.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
After reading Trumps foreign policy speech, I'm convinced we will be in a shooting war sooner rather than later.

Who among all you ardent Trump supporters are going to sign up for the "new war"?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I know. Unless we can leave the planet, there is nowhere to hide the kids.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: olaru12

I know. Unless we can leave the planet, there is nowhere to hide the kids.

With this move in to Jerusalem, I'm convinced that the evangelicals have convinced trump to start the battle of Armageddon.

Merry Christmas....

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
After reading Trumps foreign policy speech, I'm convinced we will be in a shooting war sooner rather than later.

Who among all you ardent Trump supporters are going to sign up for the "new war"?

www.cnn.com...

Not me! I'm gonna wait for a Democrat to be in office. That way war will be just again. That's what I did during the Obama years!
edit on 20 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join