It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the COLD WAR a RED HERRING?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Cold War a Red Herring?

Sitting and watching some documentaries about the “Aftermath of WWII”, “Roswell”, “Ancient Aliens” and a few others, there was a correlation about the cold war that had popped up a few times that got me thinking?

Was the Cold War a Red Herring to give the world something else to think about other than UFO’s during that time?

Ok, let’s go back, WWII had just ended, US just exploded the Atomic Bomb, UFO sightings went up, relations with Russia tittering, Russia is having UFO sightings as well and are starting to Test A-bombs, then there are reported crashes in the US and Russia of down UFOS, the world is focus on UFOS.

Both Governments recover alleged crashed UFOS and start back engineering the technology that they have recovered but need to keep it a secret from everyone, so Hence the Red Herring comes into play, both the US and Russia use the current issues at the time to create the Red Herring to change the subject of the world headlines from UFOS to the COLD WAR, but secretly have been communicating about UFO research.

I know this is far fetch but bear with me, the human race went from throwing rocks, then to spears, swords, bow and arrows for how many centuries, then gun powder came guns, cannons, and more centuries later plans, massive boats, subs, automobiles, telephone, ect, but after the crashes and recovery of UFOS the technology has leaped ahead of its time with in a matter of 50 years, Microwaves ovens, Cell Phones, Fiber optics, computers, CD, the list goes on and one but the one the to me that is the latest is LED lights.

Anyways if we believe the facts about the cold war, which I had believe 100 % since I once did walk patrol on the old iron curtain, no one would ever given this a thought, but what really stand out about this is the space race between our two countries, if we were such bitter enemies why was there so much cooperation between us, I could only find one blurp about the cooperation on the NASA site and this is it.

As early as 1962, U.S. President John F. Kennedy and Soviet Premier Nikita Kruschev began talks to cooperate in space. The first major effort at working together was the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in 1975

But in 1990, the so called iron curtain falls and Russia is in shambles for a few years, but even by then UFO’s started and have already been a hot topic, could it be that they decided it’s time to pool our information and work together which we see going on even today with the International Space station

So what do you think?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

If the cold war were not real they would not have made one of the greatest classic movies of all time:

And my favorite scene:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The cold war was real and we nearly got nuked over Cuba.
Makes no sense to spend trillions to cover up some lights in the sky,
To make someone rich, yes.
To hide ufos, no.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Keep an open mind here, yes the missile crisis was real but why was the US and Russia talking about space cooperation during that same year? was there more to this than the missile in Cuba and the removal of missiles in Turkey?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There would be much more effective ways to hide ufo's than the cold war.
Why not just say that we are testing new technology to keep America safe in the future?
That might be total bull but it would probably work better than saying swamp gas or venus.

People actually trusted the government in the 50s and 60s. They don't anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yeah the Cold War was a false flag, Stalin was a nice guy who tended carnations and had unicorns in a coral out the back, he also had a fairy floss maker for orphaned children.

Seriously, have you read any history at all

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't so much call it a red herring as much as a cover story for Limitless reason to put trillions of dollars into arms and the space race

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
In wondering "why"...... Why cooperate, why spend tons of money, etc.

Think about the big picture. We just fought several wars over dominance, control, power, etc. What do you think would happen if some space creatures came out of nowhere with the technology to annihilate the entire planet? That they had technology that we couldn't even fathom? if we found out there other beings in the universe? What do you think that would do to the power and control scheme we have set up here on Earth? The whole system would fall apart.

What if the world united after that? One world, One people, united and indivisible in the galaxy...... Well, that would really # with the military industrial complex, huh? Hundreds of billions (before inflation) doesn't seem but a drop in the bucket when you consider the amount of money the banks make off of wars, invasions, government toppling, occupancy, etc.

It would be much more financially favorable to keep everything a secret.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Uhhh, you do realize that IS a movie, right?

Based off of your theory we are in an intergalactic war because of Star Wars.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

About 20 years back there was a TV series called 'Dark Skies', its' premise essentially the same as yours. Below is the plot synopsis from IMDB, linked here.
www.imdb.com...

So at very least, full marks for imagination.

Frankly, I think the media finds an outlet for the things it's ordered not to say in the form of 'fiction'. So 'Dark Skies' probably isn't spit on but is probably true to life in places.History is written by the winners, so it is always worth checking out the small print.

Storyline synopsis, 'Dark Skies':

20th century history as we know it is a lie. Aliens have been among us since the 1940s, but a government cover-up has prevented the public from knowing this. As the series progresses, we follow John Loengard and Kim Sayers as they attempt to thwart numerous plans of the alien Hive, most of which are tied to historical events and figures. In addition, the pair must stay one step ahead of a covert government agency, Majestic-12, tasked with fighting the aliens while maintaining the conspiracy of silence.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Years ago in my school they taught us how that if we were to take a voyage into outer-space, when we return time will have gone by so much so that noone we knew before would be there.

Now we have archaeologists uncovering layers and layers of civilizations built atop older civilizations.
Funky-hard and difficult feats lay before our eyes in all complexity- massive stone monuments spread in all directions.
We are left with the notion they are built by those who came before us.

Ya' know after the issue with aliens is resolved, the money issue will have to be addressed/resolved.

We build boundaries around comfort zones for a reason. But because money being the answer, walls crumble.
We don't have to build boundaries if our zones of comfort are honored/respected.
Can't go colonizing space with that mentality, we'd never survive. Who know's what we may encounter out there?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I've never bought into this idea that world hostilities are "fake, made up" hostilities.

This general idea would require all world leaders to be in cahoots and all singing "Kumbaya" together --- and knowing what I know about human nature, I strongly doubt world leaders would be like that.

Human nature, the quest for power, and the need for people to force their cultural values upon others being what they are leads me to believe that the cold war was real.

edit on 18/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yes I had read history and was part of it, if you had read what I posted about patrolling the Iron Curtain back then and that I did believe in the cold war, this is a question up for debate

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It does if you are making trillions more.

Don't think the cold war was a cover-up but i do think certain aspects of such were orchestrated to suit the agenda of our respective military industrial complex.

End of the day if you wish to see who profited from the WW2 and the cold war that ensured simply follow the monies back to the banking houses, big business and corporations that profited from both sides.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I would agree with you about human nature but at the same time if Roswell story is true and the government has been hiding recovered ships from around the US and with all these years have gone by and people are now talking about them on their death beds, could there be a little truth in this, is this coincidence with the timing of all the events, but why have we been working with the soviets when it comes to space issues? especially if we are such bitter rivals on the world stage?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would say that you've got this completely the wrong way around.

Much, but not all, of the UFO phenomenon was a product of the Cold War.

See this link

Then check out a few other things like Project Palladium and the Robertson Panel...

Regards MM

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
LEDs have been around for decades. When I was a kid I used to hook up my electric train control unit to those old style red LEDs and blow them up like firecrackers. Those and small blue capacitors.

Tank Commander? Loader was my favorite crew job, got to poke my head out the hatch and had my own M240.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I love that movie!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A careful study of history will reveal that the Cold War is not all it has been portrayed to be in popular Western imagination. That being said, the ideological struggle was quite real and continues to this day. I think one of the greatest hoaxes foisted on Westerners is that the war actually ended. It did not. We're simply in another phase. Truth be told, we are probably losing at this point.

new topics

top topics

join