It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sick of bitcoin yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm going to say gold is kept low for industrial uses.

How much would a laptop computer be if gold was $100,000 per ounce?

The big holders of gold wiggle the price up and down, up and down. They work it endlessly. Nobody else gets rich with gold. You can buy an ounce and lose value for the next 15 years. There is no getting rich with gold unless you actively work the trades up and down.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, I dipped my toe into it, via Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin. Just a little. We'll see where it goes, in a month, in a year, etc.

A friend of mine said she got paid in bitcoin years ago, for a job, just a little towards the end.
I'm like, "how long ago", she's like, "2010, not sure how to access it though"....I'm like, "What? do you have ANY idea what you could be sitting on? You need to find out!!!" $100 of bitcoin, in 2010, would now be worth $75 MILLION.

I'm betting she learns it's poofed, but man, if it is there.....

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The end of Bitcoin has just been drastically accelerated by the introduction of Venezuelan electronic petro-bolivar.
Additionally the upcoming "crypto-ruble" that should become available by July 2018 will deal the final death blow to the bubble bitcoin which is backed by nothing more than a few degenerates such as the ECB buying even more of it when everyone knew it is dead

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

if gold = 100k / oz - then laptops will not use gold components

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Two bogus coins will hardly create a bubble. But hey, up to you if you want to not get into it. Why talk down about those who are? It's a market where some folks saw anywhere from 1000% to 5000% returns last year. So expecting folks to just ignore it, is being a bit silly.

Will it do that again this year? Probably not. Over the course of a few years? Who knows? Personally, I think it's worth risking just a little to see if it plays out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join