It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mongolian music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Siberian Shaman Woman

Amazing Inner-Mongolian band
[yvid]UvW8JEuIo58[yvid]

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That was interesting, thanks.

That woman brought out my inner European Warrior......

Thanks goodness for Russian Women, I wish there were more of them..

But Where is the Mongolian Music?

How about this......

Amazing to think these people conquered China and almost Europe, until they decided to turn around and go home....

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Didn't believe she was making those noises for a second. Mainly, because it was not music. Coming from a backwoods place, the "music" would be traditional songs with a genuine vocalization to pass it across generations. She was more like a self-styled variety show act that had a side job.

I like Tibetan/Mongolian throat singing, I'll give the other choices a chance.

ETA: The other two samples were interesting. I was floored by the fashionable ripped jeans on the moderator in the second clip. "All the world is a stage" with the internet and assorted communication devices of today.
edit on 15-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wow that was awesome.
It reminds me of another talented musician I know.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You guys have a weird taste for music.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Amazing to think these people conquered China and almost Europe, until they decided to turn around and go home....

OP Russian wannabe Mongolians. At least they are doing it right compare to American wannabe Chinese.

Anyways Mongol never did conquered China. They freaking converted and the Chinese let them in first place. Mongols had converted to Chinese. It wasn't the other way around. There was a reason why Chinese destroy mongol dynasty because the Mongols didn't do mass genocide within China. Mongols are actually like brothers and sisters to Chinese counterparts. Basically almost the same race. Mongols had brought Chinese technology and soldiers all the way to Europe before going back when the Ghengis khan died. This is why you don't mess with China, they are the great players of military tactic.
edit on 15-12-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Is it wrong that I chuckled a lot, the first girl is very attractive until she starts sounding like a cacophony of wild animal's and she is not very Mongolian at all so definitely Russian but definitely talented, not the kind of talent that is getting into the top ten any time soon though but then again remember this.

Floyd would have loved her back then and she would probably have become a feature artist in one of there album's but can you imagine no TV, no Radio, a belief in nature spirit's and the wise woman able to talk to the animal spirit's.

The second artist was cool actually.

The third guy shown by Gort51 was genuine Mongolian, Tibet had throat singing as well I believe but that sound always makes he want to belch in sympathy for some reason.

The fourth guy shown by Mandroid7 with the pit's had me rolling in laughter utterly disgusting but utterly funny.

edit on 16-12-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: gort51

OP Russian wannabe Mongolians. At least they are doing it right compare to American wannabe Chinese.

Anyways Mongol never did conquered China. They freaking converted and the Chinese let them in first place. Mongols had converted to Chinese. It wasn't the other way around. There was a reason why Chinese destroy mongol dynasty because the Mongols didn't do mass genocide within China. Mongols are actually like brothers and sisters to Chinese counterparts. Basically almost the same race. Mongols had brought Chinese technology and soldiers all the way to Europe before going back when the Ghengis khan died. This is why you don't mess with China, they are the great players of military tactic.

Interesting perspective, had the Roman empire just before it's greatest height ever met the Chinese even under Qin the roman's would have beaten them - man for man because the roman's had superior weapon's (at that period), better armor and actually better martial techniques though both were professional army's.

And the Mongol's DID conquer them and also committed huge genocides in China while the Chinese at first resisted them but Genghis wanted China intact as he saw it's culture as the future of his own people and wanted to take the best of what the Chinese had for them, at one Chinese city there were mound's of maiden's outside the wall's many feet high were they had chosen to jump to there death's rather than be taken by the mongols and in one city - the Chinese did it big back then - the capital were maybe 4 million people had lived it was said that so many died that while the city burned human fat from the body's of the dead Chinese flowed in the street's.

China has been conquered many time's but it's populace was so huge it eventually absorbed those invaders or else they never really dented it much.

Edit there was one time that the Chinese may have met what they called Fish Scaled warrior's whom may have been disgraced and aging former roman legionaries (they could not return to the Roman empire in disgrace having surrendered or been taken prisoner) captured by the Parthian's and shipped across the Parthian empire to the far north east of it and then beyond it's borders likely then working as mercenary's or indentured slave soldiers, they put up a stiff fight and held back the Chinese so that the Chinese were impressed enough to record the event and though old men the survivors of this confrontation were then likely taken back to china were they may have worked as once again indentured soldiers helping to guard the wall, there are Chinese to this day that believe they are the descendant's of Roman soldiers whom live in a village near to the site.

edit on 16-12-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thankyou for that info Labtech.....I just looked it up and found this.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Apparently, in this North West China village, they have DNA tested the Chinese residents and they are 56% Direct European.

I think they have discovered trade between ancient Greece and China, I guess thru the silk road, and Chinese pottery discovered in Europe.

When you think about it, from England right thru to East China and the Bering Straight is basically One Long Huge country, just full of different tribes......I guess you could actually walk from Calais in France, all the way to Vladivostok East Russia uninterrupted. Amazing really.

And yes, Mongolians had throat music too, they call it Tuvan throat singing.....Tuvan being an area in Mongolia.

edit on 16-12-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Here is a Tibetan monk throat chanting.

And a bit more on those Roman Chinese.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I added your first video to the Russian Music thread yesterday, before I noticed this thread. I discovered it on Youtube (I guess you did too?). Btw, if you're interested in Mongolian music, there might be some in the Throat Singing thread. It's an old thread, but I don't think it matters. There is throat singing from all over the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Ya, but no. Roman tactics is only good in battlefield when fighting, but not good on pre-planned invasions. That why they got destroyed by Barbarians, Attila, and Mongols. They even had trouble against Hannibal, Greek lost because Sparta was too tiny and the other Greeks had bad tech/strategies. If Rome met Qin dynasty, the emperor of China will probably stay in power longer just to fight the Romans off. Romans will probably run out of man power and lose morale trying to take over China. China had crossbows that can go right through Roman armour and shields. Chinese don't fight one on one just like the Romans compare to the barbarians. Why you think Mongols can takeover with ease(Chinese tactics).

Chinese crossbows

Also, Mongols got Chinese Hand cannons
edit on 15-12-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Modern Mongolian ...enjoy

top topics

join