It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Star Wars hate white people? (No spoilers)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Gee, there's a thought...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rollinondubs

Didmt see if it has been posted.

But one writer for star wars said the rebels are multi cultural and the empire is white supremacy.

www.theatlantic.com...

Me, I could care less. Its a fictitious escape for me.

I have no problem with people of color being more widely reprsented.

And btw, even though the oringanl trilogy only had lando, he was the greatest character in the entire franchise.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just saw it. So much awesome hate against dudes in white.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rollinondubs

I haven't watched yet, but my son has, and he says this is accurate, as far as the make-up goes, but he doesn't see an issue with it, so far.

It's possible that they simply have a diverse cast because they are trying to avoid complaints? Also possible, of course, that there is some real bias. There certainly is in commercials these days!

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Meh. Everyone is going to be beige in 50 years. We'll have to find something else to bitch about then.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Meh. Everyone is going to be beige in 50 years. We'll have to find something else to bitch about then.

But will it be lite beige or dark beige..shadism is a thing ask Blk and Indian folks the (Asian kind ) if you pls.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The world is diverse so is star wars just enjoy the movie. Things go deeper than the ops question. Still processing it, big questions to do with the force. I'm no longer a jedi

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No star wars doesnt hate white people. It hates its fanbase with the latest stinker it pushed out.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The world is diverse so is star wars just enjoy the movie. Things go deeper than the ops question. Still processing it, big questions to do with the force. I'm no longer a jedi

That's what my older son said, basically. I figure, if there is any real bias, we will know before long. Based on other movies, there are plenty of "good guy" characters that are white, and the cast for the upcoming Han Solo one seems to be mostly white, as far as that goes. I am not worried about that sort of bias in these films, myself!

Curious as to what you mean there, with the jedi statement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join