It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me??? - - Walking Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If that happens, you know they've gone full-on soap opera.

Isn't that how soaps operate? Characters are pregnant forever for the drama, then they have the kid, then you maybe see it once or twice, and all of a sudden it's a teenager ready to get into the drama all on its own?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have been slowly losing interest in this show and the midseason cliffhanger did it for me. When they started to do the close up head shots fading into one another, I asked my wife if we were watching a soap opera.
As a long time fan, I think I am done.

My little brother got me into the walking dead when the comic first came out. He had given me Robert Kirkman's first comic series "Battle Pope" as a present. He then handed me Walking Dead #1. I made fun of it being in black and white but it was interesting.

I watched the first season of FTWD and part of the second season, but I lost interest pretty quickly. Now that Garrett Dillahunt has signed on to FTWD, I may give it another go.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's terrible now, yes.

The last couple of seasons have been going badly off the rails. But this season has just been horrendous. Cheap. Badly written. Boring. Incomprehensible rubbish.

Viewing figures have collapsed from 17 million to 8 million, so, we're not the only ones hating it.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So Sunday's episode was 90 minutes. I told the wife ahead of time..."I'll bet ya it breaks down like this..."

- 45 minutes of commericals
- 30 minutes of dramatic music (with nothing happening, but people staring at things and drama music)
- 6 minutes of whispered dialog in the dark, hiding somewhere
- 5 minutes of Negan talking S#
- 3 minutes of Rick's contorted "I'm not sure, but I might need to take a dump" face
- 1 minute of actual substantive Walking Dead show.

Turned out I wasn't far off.

Probably more like 26 minutes of dramatic music, and 10 minutes of whispers in the dark, hiding. Otherwise about accurate.

edit on 12/12/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
From what I understand, the show was based off the comic books. Key word, *was***.

Now here and there, characters were spared and/or added for the benefit of the show and the audience..... Ok, I understand and accept that.

Here's the issue: Also from what I understand, the show (as of the end of last season) has officially caught up with the comic series. Basically, instead of going off of a pre-written story with time to spare and play, they are now on a time crunch to satisfy network deadlines, carry the show AND the comic, and quite possibly having show writers/producers conflict with the comic runners, network heads, etc.

Basically everything is just a rushed mess, and it's really starting to show...... In a really bad way.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Needs intelligent Zombies like the Ghouls of Fallout....

Some are ferrel some are not.

Oh and more radiation...

You mean to tell me there are zombies and nobody dropped a nuke?!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Same with me.
I loved his bad-ass attitude at first.
Now its like listening to a 13 year old kid trying to impress his friends in the school yard.

If they kept the same Negan they introduced in season 7 episode 1...he terrified the good guys.
Like the entire RV scene, taking Rick on a mind - F, breaking him.
I wish that Negan was back

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It's terrible now, yes.

The last couple of seasons have been going badly off the rails. But this season has just been horrendous. Cheap. Badly written. Boring. Incomprehensible rubbish.

Viewing figures have collapsed from 17 million to 8 million, so, we're not the only ones hating it.

FTWD just never could rope me in. However, I am thinking of binge watching from the beginning to give it another chance.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have too much time invested, I can't stop now. DVRing the episodes with the FF>> option helps. I have to hang in there at least until I see what that helicopter was all about. Best thing abt TWD is it brought Jon Bernthal to a level of prominence where he could get The Punisher gig. He's stellar in that.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Drama in sci-fi isn't necessarily a bad thing, but with Walking Dead it quickly got to where it was like a drama show that the sci-fi occasionally stumbled into.

Yep, Hollywood has gotten stingy and lazy with the scifi . Its like they have a canned drama script about human inter-fighting and struggles and they just plug in zombies,vampire,warewolves, etc right into the script for a new show.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

negan isnt going any where but a cell in ricks basement least as far as the comics go.......so id assume were gonna be stuck with him on the show for a while now

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Gimple is in charge of FTWD now too sadly......

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

comics are about 2-4 seasons ahead of where we are at in the show now, the next 74 issues all involve Carl heavily 107ish is about the start of the all out war arc ,we are at 174 in the comics currently . next season will be the Whisperers arc and they will either shoe horn in Eugene radio arc or do that for season 10?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Huh...... Well, I stand corrected. Last I heard, was that the show caught up with the books not too long ago. On the flip side, I stopped watching the show after Glenn got the bat (No, I wasn't one of the whiny watchers, I just got into a few other shows right when that happened), so I don't know what's been up with the comics or the show (other than random cliff notes here and there) for about a year and a half or so.....

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

i usually do the same i tend to catch up on the comics on a yearly basis,let the new ones come out for a bit so i have more then one to read every month or so (not sure of their schedule). this is the first time ive tried to keep up with the normal releases

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey, I've got an idea!

What of they turned TWD into a comedy like South Park? ???

Rick could run around like a bobble-head and just blurt our "KARRRRL!" periodically (and nothing else) (like Timmy the HC kid). Negan could be like Cartman..."WOW! I'm gonna show you all you need to respect my athor-i-teh!!!!!!" The governor could be like Mr. Mackey..."Mmmmmm-kay?"

Let's see, Maggie could be like Shelly (Cartman's older sister)...

And very best of all...

...Eugene could be like Kenny, and get blown up every episode!!! "Oh My Gawd...they killed Eugene!!"

Oh, I would so watch that show!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I too want to know about the helicopter. It's the only interesting story line left.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad'

Frankly, it's the only interesting thing in 65.7 hours of seasons before this!!

It's the ONLY interesting thing!!!

Alas, we'll probably find out one of Negan's guys is a helicopter pilot, found a helicopter and they're just flying around to see what's up...and then there will be 17 episodes after that, of drama, music and inuendo...then Michonne will chop his head off (even though he's a great guy)...and the show will go right back to zero again.

Then Rick and Michonne will make desperate, passionate, love together (again), everyone else will stare at something for five minutes while the cameras zooom in and out.

Negan will come out and talk S# for 15 minutes, then go have spaghetti at Rick's house. Rick will contort his face even more, get more sweaty, yell "KaRRRRL" a few more times..and do nothing (Rick, get a diaper, dude, really!!).

Then, Darryl will show up, bash through an armored truck, shoot an arrow through some crippled zombie...and life will be good.

(close scene...dramatic music...AND, and instant intro of Talk about the Walking Dead which blows out your speakers on your TV....WELL, THAT WAS A FANTASTIC EPISODE FOLKS!! TONIGHT WE HAVE CHANDLER RIGGS AND (blah, blah, blah)...SO STAY TOONED FOR INTERVIEWS OF THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!

(thud)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nailed it!

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Bwhahahaaaa!

Glenn LIVES!

Albeit in a Movie called Mayhem!

www.imdb.com...

top topics