It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me??? - - Walking Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is has the Walking Dead become horribly boring! There's a whole bunch of people running around talking smack, including Negan; there's endless drama music and inuendo...but nothing ever happens!

Okay, so Carl got bit (apparently), but I'm guessing they'll drag this one out for several episodes only to find out he got bit by a dog or something...and he'll live on...for more drama...and more BORING episodes.

Yeah sure, there's lots of gunshots and lots of people running around in the darkness, all whispering to each other like something is JUST...ABOUT...TO...HAPPEN, but nothing ever does.

They (the producers) throw out one little tiny bone to keep viewers 'spellbound' so they'll watch the next episode, but nothing ever happens.

It's like a soap opera, all inuendo and no action. You can watch for years and the worst, the big lead-up, winds up being someone with an appendicitis.

I'll speak for myself, but I had much higher hopes for this program and frankly it seems like they've just ruined it by dragging it out with no meat.

Am I off here, or what?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
First couple of seasons were good.
I no longer have any interest.
I have enough soap opera in real life.
I hope they renew 'Mr. Pickles.'

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Completely agree. Where has the plot progressed since the beginning of the season?

When I saw the trash truck smash those speakers...just in time, I lost all interest really. Que up the commercials after every 10 minutes of show. TWD is now a milk machine. It's sad too.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

...or the Lunch Lady who gives out milk at recess...for .15 cents.

edit - and the show had such potential too. The first couple seasons were fantastic and it's gone steadily downhill since then! I thought they learned their lesson after season 5, but apparently not.

edit on 12/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I had a hard time maintaining interest in the show after the 3rd season.

Loved the concept it started out with: Guy wakes from a coma and finds the world has plunged into the Zombie Apocalypse, desperately trying to find his wife and son. Then with a group, desperately trying to survive and find a place to go.

Now, the zombies are pretty much a mere annoyance for them and it's having to deal with other people that is the problem. If you get rid of the zombies, TWD would just be another version of Mad Max.

ETA - I enjoy Z Nation more.
edit on 12/11/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I was feeling the same way last night.
Rick talks all this I'm going to kill Negan crap...but when Negan is in his house, alone, Rick has a gun...and he still ends up getting handed a spanking and tossed out his front window...it's bad writing all over again.
I follow the spoiling dead. So I knew Carl Was being killed off.
The actor who plays Carl - chandler riggs, even came on the spoiling dead website asking the admins to not to break the spoiler.
He said how he has one episode left - mid season premiere in feb. how he's pissed at Scott gimple and even went on to say that the show has been on a steady decline for awhile now.
Feb on the mid season premiere is Carl's last episode. And how he put his entire being into these last 2 episodes of his.
He seems like a really good kid, who got screwed over by amc. He just bought a house in Georgia to be close to filming cuz gimple told him and his mom and dad, that he wants chandler to stick around for 3 more years, then out of know where in July while filming episode 6 where he gets bit helping Siddiq- he was told he was being killed off.

All the shows down falls are due to gimple. Since he took over the writing, the show has been a mess.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Nope. Milk it until it dies.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm annoyed how the Saviors were down to like 5 warriors total, and then BOOM there's 100 of them taking out three settlements with overwhelming force simultaneously.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yeah, and why are the producers so dense to not acknowledge all the things they've learned about the walkers over the seasons? Things like covering yourself in guts...seems like no one even remembers that anymore (sure a couple people, Negan included, have done it, but how many others have been bitten by walkers since then???).

You're right, the zombies are just a sideline now, and it's all about the people...the non-stop smack talking people, sneaking around in the shadows, hiding behind things...and doing NOTHING!!

Oh the drama!

I guess it fits with today's society...all drama and no substance.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It actually made the news how Riggs asked the spoiling dead to not reveal the death.

His message is also included in this link.

Write up

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Is it just me, or is has the Walking Dead become horribly boring! There's a whole bunch of people running around talking smack, including Negan; there's endless drama music and inuendo...but nothing ever happens!

Okay, so Carl got bit (apparently), but I'm guessing they'll drag this one out for several episodes only to find out he got bit by a dog or something...and he'll live on...for more drama...and more BORING episodes.

Yeah sure, there's lots of gunshots and lots of people running around in the darkness, all whispering to each other like something is JUST...ABOUT...TO...HAPPEN, but nothing ever does.

They (the producers) throw out one little tiny bone to keep viewers 'spellbound' so they'll watch the next episode, but nothing ever happens.

It's like a soap opera, all inuendo and no action. You can watch for years and the worst, the big lead-up, winds up being someone with an appendicitis.

I'll speak for myself, but I had much higher hopes for this program and frankly it seems like they've just ruined it by dragging it out with no meat.

Am I off here, or what?

The show has jumped the shark. I figure this is the last season or maybe one more. It started getting to campy with the King & tiger, the endless supply of bullets, etc. Initially, the show was successful because it was so realistic and you felt like anyone could die. However, as the seasons progressed, it just started turning into the comic book and not in a good way.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I gave up on the show after the end of season three, I think it was. That they killed off Carl, not surprising to be honest. It seems so many things are going the way of GoT and killing off the big characters for shock value. Don't really feel like I'm missing much in not continuing to watch which is unfortunate because I really loved the first 3 seasons.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Consider me sheltered...what does "jump the shark" mean? I'm not familiar with that term (though I see it frequently).

Yeah, the endless supply of ammo is pretty sad too. They used to have to scrounge for a single cartridge and now it's like they grow on trees and it's harvest season.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Reminds me of other shows like Lost and Fringe. Really enjoyed both of those shows for the first few seasons then they seemed to go to pot.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Jumping the shark is a reference to happy days when the fonz jumped a shark in a really bad beach episode.
It was all down hill from there.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Edumakated

Consider me sheltered...what does "jump the shark" mean? I'm not familiar with that term (though I see it frequently).

Yeah, the endless supply of ammo is pretty sad too. They used to have to scrounge for a single cartridge and now it's like they grow on trees and it's harvest season.

Jump the shark is a figure of speech meaning a television show has gone completely stupid. It originated from a ridiculous scene in Happy Days where Fonz jumps skis over a shark.

The phrase jump the shark is based on a scene in the fifth season premiere episode of the American TV series Happy Days titled "Hollywood: Part 3," written by Fred Fox, Jr.,[5] which aired on September 20, 1977. In the episode, the central characters visit Los Angeles, where a water-skiing Fonzie (Henry Winkler) answers a challenge to his bravery by wearing swim trunks and his trademark leather jacket, and jumping over a confined shark. The stunt was created as a way to showcase Winkler's real-life water ski skills.[6] However, the scene also was criticized[who?] as betraying Fonzie's character development, since in an earlier landmark episode, Fonzie jumped his motorcycle over fourteen barrels in a televised stunt; the stunt left him seriously injured, and he confessed that he was stupid to have taken such a dangerous risk just to prove his courage. For a show that in its early seasons depicted universally relatable adolescent and family experiences against a backdrop of 1950s nostalgia, this incident marked a thematic change. The lionization of an increasingly superhuman Fonzie, who was initially a supporting character in the series, became the focus of Happy Days. The series continued for seven years after Fonzie's shark-jumping stunt, with a number of changes in cast and situations.[7][unreliable source?] On Marc Maron’s WTF podcast, Ron Howard talked about the first time the phrase was used by Happy Days co-star Donny Most: “Donny’s reading it and he kinda looks down, then says ‘what do you think of the script?’ and I shrugged and replied ‘people like the show, it’s hard to argue with being number one’ and he looked up and said, ‘he’s jumping a shark now?’. That was the first time I saw that phrase bracketed, before it was even done, you’ve got to give props to Donny Most.”[8] The phrase "jumping the shark" was coined in 1985 by Jon Hein's roommate at the University of Michigan, Sean Connolly, when they were talking about favorite television shows that had gone downhill, and the two began identifying other shows where a similar "jump the shark" moment had occurred.[9][10] Hein described the term as "A defining moment when you know from now on … it's all downhill … it will never be the same."[5] In 1997, Hein created a website to publish his current list of approximately 200 television shows and his opinions of the moments each "jumped the shark"; the site became popular and grew with additional user-contributed examples.[5] Hein subsequently authored two "Jump The Shark" books and later became a regular on The Howard Stern Show around the time he sold his website to Gemstar (owners of TV Guide).

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What I hated was that there was no backstory to the saviors - just this massive conglomerate out of nowhere suddenly somehow has everything they need and overwhelming force with no resistance

Last season was really the first time I got the "crap they're dragging it out...here goes another good show" feeling

Also - not enough zombies and people getting killed off now...just drama

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Here's a visual for you. When your favorite TV show turns out an effort this out of type and cringeworthy, you know it can only go down from there.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

never really understood the appeal of the show as a scifi genre. it had potential , but it turned out to be a complete drama from the start. 95% of the show was drama and 5% scifi at best.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Drama in sci-fi isn't necessarily a bad thing, but with Walking Dead it quickly got to where it was like a drama show that the sci-fi occasionally stumbled into.

Sometimes, I felt like the zombies needed to stand up and say, "Oh, sorry guys! I have the wrong studio ... I'll just get out of your angst now ..."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join