It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Rejects White House Recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli Capital

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is a snippet of what the article says:

"The status of Jerusalem must be determined through negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians leading to a final status agreement," stated the five European member nations of the UNSC — including permanent members France and the UK — in a statement following an emergency meeting on the Trump declaration of support.

sputniknews.com...

So the UN no longer recognizes the US position! a dangerous precedent .....
edit on Sun Dec 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Dec 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

So what? They won't do anything anyway. All talk.

Aside from the strongly-worded statement by the five European members of the UNSC, the emergency meeting ended with no official resolution, although many on the sidelines expressed their agreement that the Trump move was heavy-handed at best, and — at worst — would lead to additional violence in a region that could use a break.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit
Why is the article focussing on the statement made by the five European members, and not referring to the opinion of the whole council? Presumably because the whole council hasn't expressed an opinion yet, in which case "The U.N. says..." would be premature.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well yeah, the rest of the world apart from Trump, his supporters, and hardline Israelis, are pretty much united in condemning the idiocy of this one.

But the American Evangelical right think they are progressing towards the apocalypse, so they're cheering their man on.

But really though, Trump supporters keep telling us what an amazing deal maker their man is. But he gave away this major concession to the Israeli's, a really big thing they wanted, and he's given it away for them for free. And gotten absolutely nothing in return.

Terrible terrible no good awful deal making.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, nobody cares what the UN ever does or says........ I don't see how it would be relevant either way.

The way they operate and the way the rest of the world views them, anything they state or take a stance on, seems like the equivalent of getting an opinion piece on today's political rumblings from the local newspaper...... Non binding, non consequential, and unimportant

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I say we leave the UN and let those morons grovel among themselves.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I couldn't care less what the United Nations says about anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
In the words of Dave Mustaine, “There is nothing more un than the United Nations...”

...U.N. has ALWAYS been anti-American...which is really baffling since without the U.S. there would have never been a U.N.

Lyrics - genius.com...

Added lyrics for those that don’t like great music and guitar work...
edit on 10-12-2017 by Lab4Us because: Added link to lyrics

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

"The status of Jerusalem must be determined through negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians leading to a final status agreement," stated the five European member nations of the UNSC — including permanent members France and the UK — in a statement following an emergency meeting on the Trump declaration of support.

sputniknews.com...

I think you meant “a dangerous President.”

And I doubt that it’s really “the U.S. position.” It’s Trump’s position and that could change by Twitter time tomorrow morning.

Trump is a friggin idiot who doesn’t know the first thing about foreign policy, or much of anything else for that matter.

What he’s doing is nothing less than inciting needless violence in a place that needs anything but.

So yeah, he’s definitely “a dangerous President.”
edit on 10-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

sputniknews.com...

And I doubt that it’s really “the U.S. position.” It’s Trump’s position and that could change by Twitter time tomorrow morning.

Trump is a friggin idiot who doesn’t know the first thing about foreign policy, or anything else for that matter.

What he’s doing is nothing less than inciting needless violence in a place that needs anything but.

TDS* at its finest...

* Trump Derangement Syndrome...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The UN doesn't matter. It has no power to act other than that granted by the security council when they agree. When they don't it can't do anything. It's a joke. It's always been a joke.

Small nations with no ability to project force can bark and bleat but nobody need listen. A whole lot of them barking and bleating together still adds up to nothing.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Well yeah, the rest of the world apart from Trump, his supporters, and hardline Israelis, are pretty much united in condemning the idiocy of this one.

But the American Evangelical right think they are progressing towards the apocalypse, so they're cheering their man on.

But really though, Trump supporters keep telling us what an amazing deal maker their man is. But he gave away this major concession to the Israeli's, a really big thing they wanted, and he's given it away for them for free. And gotten absolutely nothing in return.

Terrible terrible no good awful deal making.

I bet the residents of Pompeii had that same smug attitude, up until they became ashen statues.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Flatfish

sputniknews.com...

Trump is a friggin idiot who doesn’t know the first thing about foreign policy, or anything else for that matter.

TDS* at its finest...

* Trump Derangement Syndrome...

So, is that the acronym and name you’ve given to define the situation when someone has presented you with the truth regarding Trump’s idiocy, or what?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Who cares what the UN thinks...completely WORTHLESS organization.

U.N. =

Un Needed
Un Neccessary
Uber Negligent
Un Noteworthy
Ultra Nefarious
Un Neighborly
Ultra Neurotic
Upto Nothing
Ultra Noxious
Ultra Naive
Uber Nanny
Uhhh NO!

F# the UN...they've never done one single useful thing in their entire existence!

edit on 12/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I don't see what is so bad about the US embassy moving to Jerusalem. They will see and hear first hand what the Israelis are up to. Embassies are usually pretty high buildings (10+ floors) so they will look all across Jerusalem. Now Jerusalem ranks in the same league as Moscow, Toronto, London and any number of other capital cities.

Given that Israelis like to shoot at Palestinians from helicopters, that's going to be noticed straight away.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

AMAZING!!! No one said a word when every president since Clinton including Bush and Obama said they were for Jerusalem being Israel's capital. The only president with balls to actually enforce it and not just campaign on it then not sign the waiver is Trump. Passed the senate 93-5 and the house 374-37, seemed pretty bi partisan to me. But now that Trump did it everyone is against it?

The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. It was passed for the purposes of initiating and funding the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, no later than May 31, 1999, and attempted to withhold 50 percent of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for "Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[2] The act also called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city and for it to be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel. Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[3] and the House (374–37).[4]
edit on 10-12-2017 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I vote to move the UN (and all its members) to Somalia.

Anyone else 'in'???

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

UN seems to love the safety and prosperity of being in the U.S. yet bad mouths us at every chance. I agree with you flying let's move them to Saudi, or Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It’s shocking how blind some people are to how this deflated orange balloon is making America look.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude , see my post above, The Jerusalem Embassy Act was passed in 1995 and was hugely bi-partisan, Now that Trump enforces it everyone runs away. All the other spineless POTUS' just wanted to campaign on it and sign a waiver, Trump is the only one with the guts to campaign on it and enforce it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join