It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Rejects White House Recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli Capital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Then I'll shorten it for you.

This was signed into law by Clinton after being passed by congress, recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capitol.

There was an exemption for the law, allowing negotiate. However, much like North Korea we are done waiting decades for a peace process that won't work. Either they come to immediate terms and make a deal, or they lose everything. Same goes for North Korea.

Clearly we're no longer allowing people to stall our ambitions via vaporous-peace processes. The large amount of time has emboldened them to press for more concessions. Glad to see the US standing up for its allies. Hint, our ally isn't Palestine. It is Israel.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Israel is fighting a war, and decimating/defeating the enemy is the objective of war.

The West established Israel after the last "World War". Together they have been waging a war of occupation and genocide against Palestine and the Middle East at large, before and since.

Religious conflict is all cover and de3flection anyway, its really about conquest of the whole region for oil and other resources, territory and power.

Where have you been?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Face it. The Palestinians do not want peace. Abbas is refusing now to even meet with Vice President Pence this month. They want the discord to go on and on and on because ....it's what they do.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Watch Nikki Haley, US Ambassador to the UN, tell it like it is.

I recommend you listen to this whole short speech, but if you want, go to 4:36 mark and listen to what she has to say directly to the UN about the UN's mistreatment of Israel.

I'd love to know what the opinions of the naysayers are IF and ONCE they watch this video. I'd love to see the excuses.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Face it. The Palestinians do not want peace. Abbas is refusing now to even meet with Vice President Pence this month. They want the discord to go on and on and on because ....it's what they do.

Who started the fresh rioting, again?

You want people to face backwards, like you.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What business is it of the UN what the US Govt chooses to recognise?
Strange.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think we should recognize some place in EU as the UN headquarters and ask them nicely to leave.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I'd love to see the excuses.

The excuses are always made for the Jews: On TV, in social media and at the UN.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think we should recognize some place in EU as the UN headquarters and ask them nicely to leave.

Thats giving up a measure of control. But I agree, the uS is hardly an impartial venue.

Shutting down the UN would make it easier for Israel and the West to operate in secret, too.

This thread, case in point.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

None.

Just another example by the Un-Neccessary of hanging onto someone else's coattails in a desperate attempt to be (not "stay") relevant.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The United States are more than happy with the UN when decisions and resolutions go their way...
& they love having Veto Power too.

As soon as a decision goes against them or a resolution passes against terrorist Israeli war crimes they’re up in arms talking about how “corrupt” the UN is...

It’s uncanny.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Please do explain your premise.

As it stands, the Ultra Nefarious has absolutely ZERO idea what the US and Israel do in secret, any more than they have any idea what anybody does in secret!

You give them far too much credit!!

edit on 12/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

No, it makes perfect sense!

It's like a child when they behave, or misbehave. Their relevance on World events is, well, irrelevant. However, when they misbehave they are just plain disruptive.

The only time the Un Needed are admonished in a good way by the US is simply to point out their contempt and hypocrisy on virtually every other matter they 'pontificate' on.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Shutting down the UN would make it easier for Israel and the West to operate in secret, too.

This thread, case in point.

I didn't say shut down just move it too, and not pay the huge cost compared to oh, 170 other countries combined. Let them be more independent like what you would want with the 30 year old living in your basement.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The U.S. Embassy has been located in Tel Aviv ever since Israel’s founding in 1948, mainly because the United States recognized Israel in the context of UN Resolution 181, which DID NOT INCLUDE THE HOLY CITY in the boundaries of the Jewish state. The issue became even more complicated after 1967, WHEN ISRAELl CONQUERED(better OCCUPIED) East Jerusalem and the Old City. As of today,NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD has its embassy to Israel in Jerusalem.

Haaretz

But if somebody needs to burn down a whole region and maybe the whole world with that, he will decide to move his(he thinks he owns all that and you, "U"S citizens) embassy, because ithe building is absurd:

The U.S. Embassy has been on Tel Aviv’s Hayarkon Street since the ‘60s; Kurtzer says the building isn’t completely adequate for that role. “That building is absurd. When the U.S. first took it, there was a public parking garage underneath it and a gas station right next to it,” he says.“So the American embassy in one of the most sensitive areas in the world was sitting right above a gas station. Eventually the station was removed, but the building still has some issues in terms of security. It’s not the best-located embassy in the world.

And what happened to that embassy since 1948, even to the times when there was a gas station right next to it?
Right, nothing! So that security thing is a complete lie! It´s sounds more like they just want a nicer bulding, while burning down the world!

Or did the "U"S realize now that they are the maybe most hated(not feared) nation on earth, meanwhile? And their actions are driven by fear? I mean, all that terror crap in the western world, in the first place the terrorists hate the "U"S, they burn POTUS effigies, "U"S flags. The rest of the so called "partners and friends" of the "U"S is only attacked because "we"("our" governments) help the "U"S to terrorize the world. And in revenge for that we have terror attacks here. But you can´t even be sure that these terror attacks were really terror attacks by muslim terrorists, all these attacks look like "assisted attacks", assisted by the western secret services.

And it looks like the "U"S has the power to tell the german secret services what to do and what not(obvisiously because of the occupation after 1945). It seems that the so called "flops, failures and fumbles" of german secret services "happen" sometimes on order of the overseas overlords. It seems Amri(truck, berlin cristmas market attack last year) could do whatever he would, because the "U"S deep state and warmongerers wanted to fullfill one of their "holy" missions and arresting Amri would have disturbed the "U"S(CIA) bombings in libya, on january, 19th 2017:

Minute 1.25.

US bombing in Libya was linked to Berlin truck attack

The most absurd thing is:
US planes strike Isis fighters in Libya 'planning attacks in Europe'

They act as if the would protect europe, but are the reason for the whole terror situation!
Without the "help" of "our best friend and partner"(and the "U"S obeying actions of european governments) in the overseas, nobody in the middle east would have a reason to attack europe! And there would be no refugee problem in europe, with refugees from the middle east, in that masses.

Yes, it must be sheer panic that drives the actions of the "U"S nowadays, because now even the "partners and friends" turn away, except the arse lickers from east european wannabe Hitler states, that need the NATO and the wild west and conquering the world behaviour(expansion in the east) of the "U"S, to be able to act as a loudmouth against russia.

I guess i would have nothing more in my mind than my security too, if i would realize that i am one of the, if not meanwhile the most hated nation on earth, because of it´s oligarchy´s egoistic wild west behaviour in the whole world.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just in case there's any question about my posture...

I could give a flying Foo-Fah where the US Embassy for Israel is, or for that matter if there even is one at all!

My point here (on this thread) is, whatever the UN thinks about it is completely irrelevant, as is the UN itself. The UN can go stuff themselves...and the rest of the World would never even know. Probably all be better off too!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here is my only thought on the whole thing, they moved it to a part that is already considered Israeli owned, not the disputed area of Jerusalem so why the fuss, also how come most articles seem to gloss over that fact?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: TheJesuit
This is a snippet of what the article says:

"The status of Jerusalem must be determined through negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians leading to a final status agreement," stated the five European member nations of the UNSC — including permanent members France and the UK — in a statement following an emergency meeting on the Trump declaration of support.

sputniknews.com...

So the UN no longer recognizes the US position! a dangerous precedent .....

I think you meant “a dangerous President.”

And I doubt that it’s really “the U.S. position.” It’s Trump’s position and that could change by Twitter time tomorrow morning.

Trump is a friggin idiot who doesn’t know the first thing about foreign policy, or anything else for that matter.

What he’s doing is nothing less than inciting needless violence in a place that needs anything but.

So yeah, he’s definitely “a dangerous President.”

TDS* at its finest...

* Trump Derangement Syndrome...

So, is that the acronym and name you’ve given to define the situation when someone has presented you with the truth regarding Trump’s idiocy, or what?

Um...no. Let me help...it’s to identify the behavior demonstrated by those who would criticize POTUS 45 if he cured cancer, solidified world peace, and continued his record breaking jobs/economy trend, just because his surname is Trump (and they are still butt hurt because their Queen HRC failed to achieve her coronation). If the surname of POTUS 45 was Obama, Clinton, or heck even Bush, the same achievements would be met with a standing ovation by folks like you.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

He didn't enforce it.
He signed that same waver twice now.
We will have to wait till june and see if he signs it again.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: intrptr

Please do explain your premise.

As it stands, the Ultra Nefarious has absolutely ZERO idea what the US and Israel do in secret, any more than they have any idea what anybody does in secret!

You give them far too much credit!!

What premise(s)? That the uN was sabotaged from its inception, 'one nation one vote' is sidelined by the Security Council of Superpowers That Be. Or the uS uses it regularly to try and get 'permission' to do the "Nefarious" disguised as Humanitarian-(insert pet term). Or that its based in New York , how impartial is that?

Imo, all three premises render it biased, manipulated and ineffective.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join