It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Freedom rant. . . and everyone poops except me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't believe you have the right to kill for convenience sake. No I don't.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The SCOTUS said a woman has the right, which is held within privacy rights, to an abortion during the first trimester.

Hence, right.

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Here is a good one too

Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 137:9

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

It's okay to do it to those you don't like, apparently.

link   
Your being petty quarrellous and selfish................................................................. and I like it..

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Here is a good one too

I know you didn't understand what that was about, but...

7 Remember, LORD, what the Edomites did on the day Jerusalem fell. “Tear it down,” they cried, “tear it down to its foundations!” 8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is the one who repays you according to what you have done to us. 9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

Anyway, lets not get stuck on abortion rights on here

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I must admit that once I did poop into my open hand, where I closed my fingers and clenched my fist so as to force the said poop to squeeze out between my fingers. Whereupon I raised my fist to my nose. My olfactory senses being intact, I endeavored to take a brief whiff of the concoction. I was surprised to find that there was no odor present just then, leading me to exclaim that " my poop don't stink"..... such is life for those living in a rarified atmosphere.

True story.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

The SCOTUS said a woman has the right, which is held within privacy rights, to an abortion during the first trimester.

Hence, right.

Some of us don't subscribe to the idea that we get our "rights" dictated to us.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Here is a good one too

7 Remember, LORD, what the Edomites did on the day Jerusalem fell. “Tear it down,” they cried, “tear it down to its foundations!” 8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is the one who repays you according to what you have done to us. 9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

I know exactly what it's about. It's about vengeance and god-sanctioned baby murder. Then there's also instructions on how to provide an abortion (miscarriage) starting with Numbers 5:11.

I am not pro-abortion but I'm also not going to stay quiet when somebody tries to tell me the Christian god is 100% against fetus, baby, and child killing. It's in the bible.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Here is a good one too

I know exactly what it's about. It's about vengeance and god-sanctioned baby murder. Then there's also instructions on how to provide an abortion (miscarriage) starting with Numbers 5:11.

I am not pro-abortion but I'm also not going to stay quiet when somebody tries to tell me the Christian god is 100% against fetus, baby, and child killing. It's in the bible.

That's good to know, but just because you have the right to a hand basket, doesn't mean you have to climb in and take it for a ride

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I must admit that once I did poop into my open hand, where I closed my fingers and clenched my fist so as to force the said poop to squeeze out between my fingers. Whereupon I raised my fist to my nose. My olfactory senses being intact, I endeavored to take a brief whiff of the concoction. I was surprised to find that there was no odor present just then, leading me to exclaim that " my poop don't stink"..... such is life for those living in a rarified atmosphere.

True story.

I once pooped in your open hand as well.

Easiest twenty bucks I ever made.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Lol...lol....lol....

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I'll have to check, but I don't recall ever mentioning the bible or religion when it came to abortion.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No.

supreme.justia.com...

In view of all this, we do not agree that, by adopting one theory of life, Texas may override the rights of the pregnant woman that are at stake. We repeat, however, that the State does have an important and legitimate interest in preserving and protecting the health of the pregnant woman, whether she be a resident of the State or a nonresident who seeks medical consultation and treatment there, and that it has still another important and legitimate interest in protecting the potentiality of human life. These interests are separate and distinct. Each grows in substantiality as the woman approaches

[163]

term and, at a point during pregnancy, each becomes "compelling."

With respect to the State's important and legitimate interest in the health of the mother, the "compelling" point, in the light of present medical knowledge, is at approximately the end of the first trimester. This is so because of the now-established medical fact, referred to above at 149, that, until the end of the first trimester mortality in abortion may be less than mortality in normal childbirth. It follows that, from and after this point, a State may regulate the abortion procedure to the extent that the regulation reasonably relates to the preservation and protection of maternal health. Examples of permissible state regulation in this area are requirements as to the qualifications of the person who is to perform the abortion; as to the licensure of that person; as to the facility in which the procedure is to be performed, that is, whether it must be a hospital or may be a clinic or some other place of less-than-hospital status; as to the licensing of the facility; and the like.

This means, on the other hand, that, for the period of pregnancy prior to this "compelling" point, the attending physician, in consultation with his patient, is free to determine, without regulation by the State, that, in his medical judgment, the patient's pregnancy should be terminated. If that decision is reached, the judgment may be effectuated by an abortion free of interference by the State.

With respect to the State's important and legitimate interest in potential life, the "compelling" point is at viability. This is so because the fetus then presumably has the capability of meaningful life outside the mother's womb. State regulation protective of fetal life after viability thus has both logical and biological justifications. If the State is interested in protecting fetal life after viability, it may go so far as to proscribe abortion

[164]

during that period, except when it is necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother.

Measured against these standards, Art. 1196 of the Texas Penal Code, in restricting legal abortions to those "procured or attempted by medical advice for the purpose of saving the life of the mother," sweeps too broadly. The statute makes no distinction between abortions performed early in pregnancy and those performed later, and it limits to a single reason, "saving" the mother's life, the legal justification for the procedure. The statute, therefore, cannot survive the constitutional attack made upon it here.

This conclusion makes it unnecessary for us to consider the additional challenge to the Texas statute asserted on grounds of vagueness. See United States v. Vuitch, 402 U.S. at 67-72.

There is not right to an abortion. She has the right to seek treatment and the court found the abortion is one that cannot be denied until the child can be viable outside the womb.

Had they made abortion a right. It would be a right at any time for any reason.
edit on 9-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Abysha

I'll have to check, but I don't recall ever mentioning the bible or religion when it came to abortion.

Tell that poster that. I thought it was pretty off-topic, as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Here is a good one too

That's good to know, but just because you have the right to a hand basket, doesn't mean you have to climb in and take it for a ride

Touche. I'll remember that quote, I dig it. Sorry to step on your verse; using something as contradictory and ambiguous as the bible to talk about human rights is a pet peeve of mine. I truly meant no personal offense to your faith, I mean that.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: Liquesence

Hence, right.

Some of us don't subscribe to the idea that we get our "rights" dictated to us.

Some of us don't subscribe to the idea that some people's beliefs can dictate and deny our own rights.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
lets not forget were all free to keep our opinions to ourselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No.

Yes, a woman has a right to an abortion.

In Roe v. Wade,557 the Court established a right of personal privacy protected by the due process clause that includes the right of a woman to determine whether or not to bear a child.

Justia

Includes the right of a woman....

The Freedom rant.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
For abortion comments, Nicole Arbour is a good one on youtube. Vulgar and filth filled oratory, but some subscribe to her way of thinking. I do Not.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
lets not forget were all free to keep our opinions to ourselves.

Thank you for your opinion!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join