It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S: It Has Begun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is an interesting bit of UFO History.

According John Lear (Father founded the Lear Jet corporation) and others, the Pentagon wanted to release a partial UFO disclosure documentary around 1973. This was the first attempt by the government to release information to the public.

The result of this motivation was a documentary released in 1973, hosted by Rod Serling, creator of the series - The Twilight Zone. The documentary was called: UFO'S: It Has Begun. Originally it was supposed to be called: UFO's: Past, Present and Future. It was produced by a CIA front Sandler Films.

In the end of the film, it was supposed to show the actual landing at Holloman, according to Lear. In 1964, a UFO landing took place at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico with humanoid extra terrestrials coming out resulting in a meeting. A person he mentioned at Norton air Force base watched this film in its entirety and was convinced it was a real event. It showed 3 saucers, one landing, and 3 people coming out. "They were humanoid but slightly different than us.. They had a weapon.. And this film was supposed to be shown in the last part of the film.. At the last minute, the Pentagon withdrew the film and said 'we want you to not use this film but depict the end in terms of it may of happened..' ". And this is exactly what they have done in the film.

You can watch the film in its entirety and I have included a link to Lear's interview and other related links:

UFO'S: It Has Begun

Interview with John Lear
He talks about it @ 34:59

UFO's: It has Begun

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If it is true the government had motivations to disclose the UFO phenomenon back then, I wonder what happened to change all that?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This looks interesting. I look forward to watching it later this evening.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Interesting John Lear used to be a member and have his own area as well. John was very active for a time and had lots of friends here, then he bowed out.

You can search John Lear and find his threads and posts.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I have an idea on that, seeing as how the very idea of E.T.s are laughable to many out there.

How easily offended could these E.Ts. be? To an alleged ancient species that has mastered space time travel and their very basic technology that appears like magic to us, how would they react to the common anal probe joke, seeing the alien sex toys or learning there are groups that would be hostile towards them? To something that might actually be omnipotent we could very easily disrespect them to the point we are annihilated.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
From the 3:50 mark:

What you are witnessing is based on fact, some will find it fascinating, some will find it frightening, but it is all fact...

And then they jump into Ezekiel's Wheel.

This seems to be a legitimate documentary...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I would hope they have thicker skins developed over millennia. How could a race evolve socially without having bullies of their own and dealing with it to a point of transcending it completely?

I should hope at least.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

UFO's: It Has Begun is probably my favourite old school documentary , Rod Serling adds an air of mystery other presenters can't match.
The Holloman footage is a recreation but legend has it they were supposed to show the actual footage but it was pulled at the last moment , how true that is can only be guessed at but as far as I'm aware the program was made before the Holloman meeting became part of Ufological lore so perhaps that adds some credence to the event being real.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
One of the most viewed members thread, on ATS, was before many of you being here, his name was "Sleeper". This was when ATS was much much smaller, yet the response pages are into the hundreds. O.O

When it comes to UFO info, facts, and people talking about them he absolutely captured everyone's attention on ATS. I remember reading this particular thread on ATS, "I'm Coming Clean on Extraterrestrials"

www.abovetopsecret.com:80...

He had a thread with literally thousands of questions and responses, it was fascinating for sure.

They do exist! Well, not like in the movies, they don’t follow proper protocol and physically land in your backyard and say “take me to your leader”.

We humans are unique and come with different expectations on what is suitable evidence, anyway some of us want to believe and some would rather remain in the safety of our cultural bubble.

The vast majority in fact will remain asleep to reality and continue to live in the illusions crafted for us by religions, scientists, and politicians---to each his or her own.

Here's another thread where people were asking about him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a link to Sleeper's Blog too

web.archive.org...

edit on 7-12-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That real footage of the landing probably would have caused too much panic and destabilization back then

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: StratosFear

I would hope they have thicker skins developed over millennia. How could a race evolve socially without having bullies of their own and dealing with it to a point of transcending it completely?

I should hope at least.

Its just a thought I had while watching the old Stargate movie the other day. The race I`m speculating about wouldn't have "bullies", would deal with it pretty harshly. They would be the type of superiority that sees other races as lesser and can get away with it due to their extremely advanced technology. Then that entire thought depends on whether there is anything out there at all. Until we really have open contact all we have are stories like the OPs to go on.

I don't want to have to believe, I want to know.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

I have an idea on that, seeing as how the very idea of E.T.s are laughable to many out there.

How easily offended could these E.Ts. be? To an alleged ancient species that has mastered space time travel and their very basic technology that appears like magic to us, how would they react to the common anal probe joke, seeing the alien sex toys or learning there are groups that would be hostile towards them? To something that might actually be omnipotent we could very easily disrespect them to the point we are annihilated.

So you are suggesting that if we piss them off with crude jokes that they will decimate us for that reason?
What an interesting take on the situation.

As a life-long UFO fan and investigator, I never would have thunk that deeply about the situation.

To the OP:

Given such a long video, give your thread enough time for the video to be watched in its entirety before thinking it is falling on deaf ears and non-interested eyes.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
One of the most viewed members thread, on ATS, was before many of you being here, his name was "Sleeper". This was when ATS was much much smaller, yet the response pages are into the hundreds. O.O

When it comes to UFO info, facts, and people talking about them he absolutely captured everyone's attention on ATS. I remember reading this particular thread on ATS, "I'm Coming Clean on Extraterrestrials"

He had a thread with literally thousands of questions and responses, it was fascinating for sure.

They do exist! Well, not like in the movies, they don’t follow proper protocol and physically land in your backyard and say “take me to your leader”.

We humans are unique and come with different expectations on what is suitable evidence, anyway some of us want to believe and some would rather remain in the safety of our cultural bubble.

The vast majority in fact will remain asleep to reality and continue to live in the illusions crafted for us by religions, scientists, and politicians---to each his or her own.

web.archive.org...

Uh, I just looked at the thread you linked and sleeper only has 2,536 stars.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
From the 3:50 mark:

What you are witnessing is based on fact, some will find it fascinating, some will find it frightening, but it is all fact...

And then they jump into Ezekiel's Wheel.

This seems to be a legitimate documentary...

If you have the mind to equate old experiences from history and religion, perhaps you can make some sort of a connection that may have some value as an insight into the whole situation. The UFOs didn't just appear in numbers as we split the atom.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This clip "reportedly" shows a few seconds of the original fim and a few "supposed" pictures of the actual craft that landed at Holloman.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Not suggesting the idea I guess. I`ve read a great deal about many different ideas regarding the subject from Star Trek and Law of One to those fringe threads here that might garner 1 or 2 responses. There could be anything out there and if there are those that know for sure, the rest of us don't and wont understand until we do. However benevolent or malevolent they are. Belief is one thing, knowing is another.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I don't understand what exactly stars has to do with anything. Sleeper didn't post very much, and the Star's system is glitched anyhow, look at my stars do you honestly think I have 3 million + lol

Have a great day and enjoy Sleeper's content.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Realtruth

web.archive.org...

That's because he was active before the star system was introduced.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
NICE!

Will watch tonight and maybe share on my Youtube!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join