It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S: It Has Begun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: nOraKat

Interesting John Lear used to be a member and have his own area as well. John was very active for a time and had lots of friends here, then he bowed out.

You can search John Lear and find his threads and posts.

John was also rather crazy to say the least... hence bowing out...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Or you just hit subscribe top right.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Lol.. nice one

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Awesome response, Lots of tangible info there!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
i wish we could get some new stuff on ufo's, abductions, mib etc. seems the whole phenomenon has died off the last 2 decades. i mean we have ancient aliens and such but that has done more to hurt the research then anything imo. just odd how we basically have nothing new for the past 20 years or so. it just fell off the map and on top of that people have the ability to capture high quality video unlike ever before with our phones.

I actually think the reason the phenomenon has died off is precisely because we have the devices we do now. Back in the day, someone saw something they couldn’t explain, told somebody, they told somebody, it was all by word of mouth. Naturally the stories were embellished sometimes, or details were misconstrued (Telephone Game) and usually became more interesting than the original sighting really was.

Nowadays, someone takes a video of “mysterious object near [insert city]”, everyone can see it for themselves, and to most of us it just looks like a plane or a drone and we’re done in 30 seconds. There’s still plenty of sightings, but most of them are easily identified today. You’re not relying on the imperfect memory of people and grainy video or pictures that can make you think you’re seeing something you’re not. A lot of the mystery has been removed.

That said, I still think there are a small percentages of cases that truly can’t be explained. Blue Book actually came to the same conclusion.

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
John Lear is nothing special just because his Daddy owned a company.

Regarding Lear’s credibility, for me his father has nothing to do with it. Maybe I'm an exception, and a lot of people do take that into account, but when I first heard him talk about this stuff, the only thing that lent him a little more credibility to me than the average “expert” was his flying background. He’s flown a lot of stuff and has some knowledge of aircraft engineering from what I understand. Usually when you hear people claim “that was no aircraft” they’re completely unqualified to make that claim. That said, most of what Lear relates still sounds like the same old crap to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

from a Wikipedia article

Holloman Air Force Base

Clark cites a 1973 encounter as perhaps the earliest suggestion that the U.S. government was involved with ETs. That year, Robert Emenegger and Allan Sandler of Los Angeles, California were in contact with officials at Norton Air Force Base in order to make a documentary film. Emenegger and Sandler report that Air Force Officials (including Paul Shartle) suggested incorporating UFO information in the documentary, including as its centerpiece genuine footage of a 1971 UFO landing at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Furthermore, says Emenegger, he was given a tour of Holloman AFB and was shown where officials conferred with EBEs. This was supposedly not the first time the U.S. had met these aliens, as Emenegger reported that his U.S. military sources had "been monitoring signals from an alien group with which they were unfamiliar, and did their ET guests know anything about them? The ETs said no" (Clark 1998, 144).[23] The documentary was released in 1974 as UFO's: Past, Present and Future (narrated by Rod Serling) containing only a few seconds of the Holloman UFO footage, the remainder of the landing depicted with illustrations and re-enactments.

In 1988, Shartle said that the film in question was genuine, and that he had seen it several times.

In 1976 a televised documentary report UFOS: It Has Begun[34] written by Robert Emenegger was presented by Rod Serling, Burgess Meredith and José Ferrer. Some sequences were recreated based upon the statements of eyewitness observers, together with findings and conclusions of governmental civil and military investigations. Rod Serling's introduction says:

"but there are other explanations. What you're witnessing is based on fact. Some will find it fascinating, some may find it frightening, but it is all true—with special thanks to NASA and the Department of Defense for their cooperation in our search for UFOS: IT HAS BEGUN."

Experts presenting testimony included Col. Bill Coleman, Chief of Public Information for the United States Air Force 1969–1974, Mr. Al Chap, Air Force Spokesman for the Pentagon and UFOs in 1952, Col. Hector Quintanilla, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, and Dr. Jacques Vallée. This program featured at its climax a scripted scenario of a UFO landing at Holloman AFB:

Rod Serling: "Let's look at an incident that might happen in the future, or perhaps could have happened already. The premise is that contact is made by extraterrestrial beings with representatives of the United States Air Force at Holloman Air Force Base in the deserts of New Mexico".

There follows Serling's voice-over descriptive narration with combination of shots of an air control tower inside and out, telephones, intercoms, voice-over communications, an enacted moving-camera photographic view through the tower window of an empty airfield, live shots of two jets taking off, a moving pan shot of a painted impressionistic illustration of three discs (approaching), close-up enacted live shots of photographic cameras turning and focusing (on empty desert), a live shot of emergency vehicles racing over the landing apron, followed by a painted impressionistic illustration (same style) of a landed UFO craft and two oddly dressed individuals: one just outside the craft and one in the foreground near what could be two Air Force officers of indeterminate rank. Then a live shot of the side of a corrugated steel building through a chainlink gate with chain and padlock is shown, with Rod Serling's voice-over words:

"Arrangements are made by some sort of communication. And the group quickly retires to an inner office in the King-One Area. Left behind stand a stunned group of military personnel. Who the visitors are, where they're from, and what they want is unknown" (sound of a padlock closing).

Robert Emenegger's treatment in this program does not state that such a landing actually took place at Holloman AFB.

source: en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
This is an interesting bit of UFO History.

According John Lear (Father founded the Lear Jet corporation) and others, the Pentagon wanted to release a partial UFO disclosure documentary around 1973. This was the first attempt by the government to release information to the public.

The result of this motivation was a documentary released in 1973, hosted by Rod Serling, creator of the series - The Twilight Zone. The documentary was called: UFO'S: It Has Begun. Originally it was supposed to be called: UFO's: Past, Present and Future. It was produced by a CIA front Sandler Films.

In the end of the film, it was supposed to show the actual landing at Holloman, according to Lear. In 1964, a UFO landing took place at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico with humanoid extra terrestrials coming out resulting in a meeting. A person he mentioned at Norton air Force base watched this film in its entirety and was convinced it was a real event. It showed 3 saucers, one landing, and 3 people coming out. "They were humanoid but slightly different than us.. They had a weapon.. And this film was supposed to be shown in the last part of the film.. At the last minute, the Pentagon withdrew the film and said 'we want you to not use this film but depict the end in terms of it may of happened..' ". And this is exactly what they have done in the film.

You can watch the film in its entirety and I have included a link to Lear's interview and other related links:

UFO'S: It Has Begun

Interview with John Lear
He talks about it @ 34:59

UFO's: It has Begun

John Lear is a bigger lier than Bob Lazar. His bullcrap knows no bounds. Aids was created by the Navy, bases on the moon, Lear slings it like no other before or since.
I thought people knew this?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: joelr

John Lear is a bigger lier than Bob Lazar. His bullcrap knows no bounds. Aids was created by the Navy, bases on the moon, Lear slings it like no other before or since. I thought people knew this?

Well who knows about John Lear , Sometimes he isnt on the Shallow side ,
but Mostly its a Mixture of Disinfomation.. you no 70% False 30% Truth / 70% Truth 30% False
kinda of a thing for him.. but for HIM! He Knows Connections ( the Inside )
, More then Most Claimed Charlatans, that Keeps some People at Bay and On the Fence about him ..
Some crazy claims...

yeah funny thing is that NASA Astronaughts Most are from the NAVY! LOL..

Sailors wanted on spaceships: NASA applications now being accepted

Terrina Weatherspoon Defense Media Activit
hanfordsentinel.com... -a506-056f53be9c5e.html

U.S. reveals secret plans for '60s moon base

By Ben Brumfield, CNN
www.cnn.com...

ohh God is this TRUE!! FKN A Right it is!!

Ive seen Documents and Developments the Planning, the Problems Solving
The Concepts the Ideas , the TESTINGS! mostly at JPL .. from the 60s too the 80s

of Making a LUNAR ( MOON ) Base ..

Here YA go Find them your Self !

Ex: Lunar Base , Moon Base ,

Was Orignaly called, The Infomation Bridge

Office of Scientific Technical Infomation
www.osti.gov...

or this

SPACE TRANSPORTATION FOR A LU
NAR RESOURCES BASE (LRB)
Hubert P. Davis, Starcraft Boosters, Inc
1032 Military Drive
Canyon Lake, TX 78133
(830) 935-2743
email: [email protected]
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Let not forget & talk about Project Orion
that was Real , Swept under the Rug..
a Testing Development if the can create a Spaceship ( Mars Transport too a Generation Ship ? )
that used Mini Nukes for propulsion.
in the 60s ..

if this was Exposed what else were they doing .. ??

Author George Dyson spins the story of Project Orion, a massive, nuclear-powered spacecraft that could have taken us to Saturn in five years. His insider’s perspective and a secret cache of documents bring an Atomic Age dream to life.
www.ted.com...

So Anyhow ..

So there some Little Truth .. too it

ohh yeah I forgot about this ..

a lot of INFO ..

just one Segment :

Report of the Space Task Group, 1969

Editorial Headnote: Space Task Group, "The Post-Apollo Space Program: Directions for the Future," September 1969; available in NASA Historical Reference Collection, History Office, NASA Headquarters, Washington, D.C. Page references to original document in brackets.

[14] Lunar Exploration - Apollo-type manned missions to continue exploration of the Moon should proceed. The launch rate should permit maximum responsiveness to new discoveries while maintaining mission safety and efficient utilization of support personnel. Early upgrading of lunar exploration capability beyond the basic Apollo level including enhanced mobility capability, and lunar rovers, is important to safe and efficient realization of significant returns over the longer term. An orbiting lunar station, followed by a surface-base, building upon Earth orbital space station and space transportation system developments, could be deployed as early as the latter half of the decade. Extension of manned lunar activity beyond upgraded Apollo capability should include consideration of these options.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

they did it in 4 years SKYLAB.. for a Space Station ..

and follow by a Surface Base ..? Hmm .. Interesting

well at Least they built the Sky Lab ... Proably Planning / Development of a Space Station orbiting the Moon ..

Then a Lunar Base .. but it was all Scrubbed . X

edit on 32017WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago12346 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: joelr

You and others who make similar comments sound ridiculous -

These claims do not even come from Lear.

If you watch the documentary, they (the events) come from military service men, a colonel walking the halls of the Pentagon, and J. Allen Hynek himself!

As far as the Holloman Air Force base event, the story comes from Robert Emenegger, the maker of the documentary as well as others. Anybody who doubts his connections and collaboration with the military on this only have to look at the content of this documentary (the footage he obtained) and the people in it.

----

As far as an ET base on the moon, Lear is not alone on this. He is backed by many credible people. It makes sense that we have not gone back there since the 70's.

Anybody who has doubts about this phenomena need only look at the vast list of testimonies presented in Executive summary for the Disclosure project - Link

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am a believer. Why, because I have had my own sighting of an UFO. Here is what I witnessed.

Back in the fall of 2103 I was in my garage and the time was approx. 1:30a PST. It was a clear night and no precipitation. I was standing at the doorway of my garage (man door opposed to the door of the garage where you drive your car into the garage). I was standing sideways in the door way. I have a work bench that is next to the doorway and I was looking down at the bench at the project I was working on. While standing there and looking at the project on the bench I noticed a white light in the corner of my eye in the tree line about 50' in height and no more than 75' from me. It was amazingly close. I turned to look and there was a light bleeding through the Cedar tree branches from behind the tree, I had no idea what it could be (but what I could see was a bright light) and I turned back to place the tool I had in my hand onto the workbench. While doing this out of the corner of my eye I saw the light move (no more than a foot or two) as if to move left to right from my standpoint into the opening away from the trees. When I did this the light quickly moved back to where it was when I first noticed it. (it's as if it noticed that I was aware of it). Now that the light had my undivided attention I trained my attention to it. As I stared at it for no more than five to 10 seconds it started moving out into the open. (almost as if it said to itself - to heck with it I've been seen and I'm heading on the path I was taking) I am no more than 75' from the object and it is no more than 50' in the air.

The object was a perfect circle roughly 12' - 15' in circumference (it was a good sized object). The light was extremely bright but did not cast light outward as if to shine on something. I was blown away! Here I am looking at an object that is in the air making no noise at all. Nothing. It went from my left to right and was moving at no more than one to two miles per hour. Very slow. I ran out of the doorway towards the object and now I am less than 35' feet away from it when I stopped. It move silently in a perfect line not going up or down, so the altitude did not change nor did the speed of the object. I picked up a rock, that's how close I was to it and was going to throw it at it but worried I may hit the house behind my house if I missed it so opted not to throw the rock. I continued to watch as it moved along slowly. As the object moved from left to right I could see that the object was paper thin. There was absolutely no depth to this object. The light itself is what we now days refer to as an infinity screen. There was no framing around the light at all, so the diameter of the object or edge of the object was white light. I watched it for as long as I could which was maybe 10 seconds until it moved into another group of cedar trees to the right of where I was originally and lost sight of it. I immediately decided to run to the front of my house and down the street in the same direction hoping to pick it up again and never saw it again. I walked back to my house thinking of what had just taken place and I realized this object must have known I was aware of it (but there was nothing living that could be inside it as it was paper thin) as it tried to hide back behind the trees when I first noticed it.

I believe since no living thing could actually be inside this object that it was what we would refer to as a satellite with a camera imbedded into it and someone or something (another life form) from very far away was looking at me. Wow!

The events I have told in this post are true. I hope everyone gets to see something in their life time, it truly has changed the way I think as I know for a fact there is something greater than us here on earth or at least visit the earth. I have no idea what that could have been but this was in no way made from human technology. Amazing to say the least.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
John was also rather crazy to say the least... hence bowing out...

More like being run out.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im guessing people arent ready for this. That's why it was postponed. a reply to: nOraKat

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For those who seem unclear that John Lear is not the source of the Holloman story and who was behind the documentary Grant Cameron explains it here :

Youtube link to relevant part of video

It's also useful for some more background information surrounding the documentary.

edit on 15/12/2017 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Back in 1973, when everyone was returning from Viet Nam, there was an excess of military personnel at Fort Huachuca, AZ. We were assigned to various tasks prior to being discharged. One guy I knew was charged with inventorying the classified audio-visual holdings at Fort Huachuca. One day he comes up to me saying, "you have to see these films". He then went on to describe two films. One was of Jane Fonda in Viet Nam, looking down into a pit with American GI's in it (called a Tiger Pit). The other film was of the UFO landing in New Mexico. If it was a non-event, why was if classified all the way back in 1973?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

...Spacex and the Mass UFO sighting

Nice misdirect. I came here to see some new "UFO video from Space X".

Oh, nvm.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

I join you in finding that ending to be a message.

I've watched a million UFO documentaries, have a hard time even finding new ones on Youtube, and yet I had not seen that one. That end sequence sent chills up my spine bc it did show the white drop of something out of space and some seemingly rushed shuts filmed at Holloman that seem different than the staged shots.

As you note, the phrase "or may already have happened" followed by describing specifics, right down to describing how they looked? I simply cannot envision that being the ending one would come up with if the ending were intended to be a hypothetical situation. IN a hypothetical one, they'd make it MUCH more dramatic, AND could easily speculate on what is said at the meeting.

Why get specific about how these beings looked, but then not speculate as to what is said in the meeting? It seems far more likely that the ending really WAS supposed to be REAL disclosure, describing exactly what happened, including how they looked, how many came out, who they met with, BUT NOT WHAT WAS DISCUSSED. Again, if it is truly fiction, it would likely have had something on "We come in peace, to observe your planet and learn of its science" or something equally stupid.

It is a very very odd ending and the most compelling section of video I've seen in a while.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join